How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October! - Page 13

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Moe
    Blog Entries

Default re: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Hopefully if Ash gets any of the starters it gets handled much better than in the past - I like how Brock got Mudkip from the place breeding them, that was a nice way of changing up the usual patterns. I also hope he only gets one of them, but I'll have to see the other Pokemon he could catch before suggesting which starter he should have.

Someone better not abuse a Fennekin.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well the X and Y anime could go one of two ways.

It could be written the way Best Wishes was, which was a saga that started off with a lot of potential and then wound up becoming disappointing on many levels, or it could try its hand at being more plot driven the way DP was.

Best Wishes was an attempt to make the show like the original series again, and it didn't work. The only alternative now is to go back to the style of AG and DP. Hopefully though the next group dynamic has better chemistry than the DP trio did.
    Owain and Pokémon Master Ash like this.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I'm definitely hoping for something more along the lines of AG or DP rather than another series like BW. If the next generation is going to last longer, then the series might have a slower pace. BW had a generally faster pace at least partly because of how long the fifth generation was going to be. Another four year long generation could result in a slower pace series, which I think would be for the best since I think that series with a slower pace tend to turn out better than the faster paced one. The writers have more time to work with the characters and the expand on the new concepts they introduce. The slower pace series aren't perfect by any means and I do have a personal preference for slower paced shows in general anyway, but I think that another slower pace series could work out for the best in the next generation.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I want a mix of DP and BW, or just another AG. But what I'm hoping for over everything is that Ash should get more than 6 Pokemon that the season should be filled with more battles, even in filler episodes. I know this show doesn't have the best budget, and we'd be seeing a lot of stock footage because of that. But after watching the new opening for Episode N, I really look forward to more action-packed episodes.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

I'd rather have the middle term between BW, DP and AG/OS, which is: a good group dynamic, interesting characters with curious personalities, originality regarding small events (which were a great advantage in AG/OS, even during filler episodes: I really miss those random, but nice bonuses in certain episodes such as Team Rocket's mottoes without a member, random old Pokémon (Ash's) appearing to take part in certain competitions, random musics by the characters, etc), I want old background music, I want them to keep Team Rocket with a purpose but I also want to see the more light-hearted side of them, I want a big storyline regarding menacing villains (J) and I want everything to have the best animation possible.

I wonder if the animation will change in order to reflect the changing from 2D to 3D (though I think I wouldn't enjoy if everything was CGI - and I do not believe it will change).
    Please "like" this page to help Portugal! We want to have Pokémon in HD! Please "like" this.

Also, sign this petition (you can sign by writing your Name and E-mail address on the "bolded" blanks and then clicking in "Assinar Petição")

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    or it could try its hand at being more plot driven the way DP was.
    Yeah, DP was very plot driven.

If you call a shitload of plotlines that drag on forever, get occasionally tangled up, and usually end anticlimactically "plot driven".

Blog Entries

Can the battles in XY not be complete trash with loads of stock footage and boring moves like Tackle and OHKO? That's all I ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Of course a new series with Ash, a new girl, and the third boy (he can be Cilan, he can be something brand new, I am OK with both).
    I hope that this time the starters will be spread across the group the way they were in AG (Fennekin just seems right only with the girl, and Chespin is a great starter for Ash to have). Though Cilan getting Froakie will be somehow weird.

The girl may or may not compete in Contests or something else, we can't speculate as of yet as our info on gen Vi is still limited.

FInally, i hope that TR will stay and that it will be better than BW...

Blog Entries
    Follow はるひ On Twitter Add はるひ on Facebook
    Follow はるひ on Tumblr Visit はるひ's Youtube Channel

New series; like.... I don't know *every other region?* But yeah, I think it'd impact the series alot mostly by the new features they are bringing out.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

A better league of high quality than BW, and no stupid characters like Kotetsu as a rival XDD

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

As sad as it may sound, I preferred Kotetsu to Shootie, at least Kotetsu had a bit of a personality, Shootie was just basically: ''I'm Awesome (but not really) and btw, did I mention I have my own hot sauce?''
    martianmister likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ObjectionMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    or it could try its hand at being more plot driven the way DP was.
    Yeah, DP was very plot driven.

If you call a shitload of plotlines that drag on forever, get occasionally tangled up, and usually end anticlimactically "plot driven".
    And if you skip all the fillers or training episodes, and just watch those said plotlines, it goes at a good pace.

There were some aspects of DP that was indeed very boring or just plain not interesting, but what it did do well, it did REALLY well.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Hopefully a Fennekin is not abused by its original owner.

Or that a Chespin is not in the wild or had an owner originally.

Or that a Froakie could get into mischief.

Quote Originally Posted by johnr754 View Post
    Hopefully a Fennekin is not abused by its original owner.

Or that a Chespin is not in the wild or had an owner originally.

Or that a Froakie could get into mischief.
    The Froakie Squad. They terrorize some poor hapless towns people before mending their ways and becoming fire fight....wait....

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I want them to bring back a pokemon having a crush on Ash XDD

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast