How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October! - Page 11

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Blog Entries

Lightbulb re: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post

But he obviously has decided to make a chance in his ''carieer'', so he left the Gym and decided to try an become a S-class Sommelier instead. The Gym is Cress and Chili's responsibility now. And if they didn't want that responsibility for themselves they surely would've asked Cilan to come back, or just cancel the Gym. But obivously, they're able to handle it on their own. After all, the Gym is originally supposed to be owned by one person only.
    I suppose. But who would the Nuvema Town trainers face if they started with Oshawott?

(Then again, if Cilan really decides to ditch the Gym for good, it would be wise for one brother to take over the whole thing. Chili could do it - he seems to be stronger than Cress.)
    Enigma pop star is fun
    She wear burqa for fashion
    - Lady Gaga

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default re: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    And after the failure of Trip, I'm sure Ash's next rival will be much better. Not sure about the next female protagonist though, depends on what she does.
    I'd actually be okay if Ash didn't get another rival in the next series. Maybe going the AG route with just having Ash train his Pokemon without a main rival would be a good choice since it would give them a break from giving him a rival, which I think that they should have done in BW. Though, if they do give him a rival, I do hope that he'll be better than Trip.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zakisrage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post

But he obviously has decided to make a chance in his ''carieer'', so he left the Gym and decided to try an become a S-class Sommelier instead. The Gym is Cress and Chili's responsibility now. And if they didn't want that responsibility for themselves they surely would've asked Cilan to come back, or just cancel the Gym. But obivously, they're able to handle it on their own. After all, the Gym is originally supposed to be owned by one person only.
    I suppose. But who would the Nuvema Town trainers face if they started with Oshawott?

(Then again, if Cilan really decides to ditch the Gym for good, it would be wise for one brother to take over the whole thing. Chili could do it - he seems to be stronger than Cress.)
    There doesn't seem to be a rule in the anime that you have to face the Striaton leaser whose monkey beats your starter- Judging by Ash's battle, you get to chose who you fight, and Burgundy got to battle Chili with her Dewott. Besides, if that was a thing, what would the people who didn't get a standard starter from Juniper do?

Hopefully a step up from BW. I'd like to see relatively slower pacing so we can see more Pokemon *on-screen* training/development. I'd like to see Contests make a come back as well. Have a May/Dawn like traveling companion replace Iris so Ash can graduate from being called a kid to going back to being a mentor to the new girl. I wouldn't mind if Cilan stayed. Seeing him travel in a (what is presumed to be) France-like region would be interesting.

Im also curious if the Don Battle Tournaments will remain? I liked them, I just didn't like how Ash didn't win any. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to Trip remaining as Ash's rival. Just pleaaaaseeeee handle him better in this region. Overall im looking forward to it.

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I think we should have Ash travel alone in Season XY. It's obvious the only thing his companions are good for is distracting him and wasting time that could have been used for training.
    Only the Hoenn/Sinnoh versions could have managed that, the way he currently is now he needs direction and a few others to help him grow.

On the next series, honestly Ash has regressed to the point where I don't even know if he would make a good mentor to a new younger female companion or not. Nothing about his recent battles felt maturity worthy unlike the battle he had with Gary Oak at the end of the Silver conference. I think he still needs a little ways to go, the way he is now anyways.

I definitely don't want him to be treated as a regressed child again, but maybe he can learn, mature, and grow with the next girl/guy companions on a more equal basis. The series could start with each traveling buddy being fairly competent for example, and each can help polish each other in areas that they need it.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon19 View Post
    Im also curious if the Don Battle Tournaments will remain? I liked them, I just didn't like how Ash didn't win any. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to Trip remaining as Ash's rival. Just pleaaaaseeeee handle him better in this region. Overall im looking forward to it.
    I'm hoping that they won't and be replaced with Contests or whatever the female trainer does in the next series. Having smaller tournaments for the characters to participate in once in a while wasn't a bad idea and the second one was actually pretty decent all things considered, but the concept was executed pretty poorly. The one-on-one format got extremely boring after awhile, most of the battles were bad and each tournament felt pretty rushed. If they do keep the Don Battle Tournaments for the next series, then I hope that they won't have them as often as they did here since I think having three smaller tournaments in the first hundred episodes was a bit too much and might have contributed to the overall poor quality of these tournaments. Even though the Junior Cup wasn't a Don Battle tournament like the first two, it was pretty much treated as such in the format, the amount of episodes it got and the rushed battles with the only differences being its name and having a bigger prize for winning it.

Each tournament having a different formula would have helped too since all of them were one-on-one matches with only two of them allowing different Pokemon to be used. Even with being able to change Pokemon for different rounds, it got really boring really fast. Making some of the tournaments two-on-two or three-on-three could have worked or give the tournament arc another episode to have something like that for the semi-finals/finals of the tournament could have helped. Not skipping battles would also be good, even if they're facing one-shot characters. This was a major problem for me with the Junior Cup since almost all of the first and second round matches were skipped due to facing one-shots. It's understandable that they wouldn't focus on matches that didn't involve facing established characters, but at the same time, ignoring them completely just makes the tournament feel more rushed and less interesting if we barely see any of the main characters' fights until the last couple of rounds. I'd much rather see another Contest saga or something else for the female trainer to participate in herself, but if they do keep these Don Battle tournaments in, I seriously hope that they give them some drastic improvements.

I'm completely against Trip staying on as Ash's rival though. After Ash defeats his rivals, there's usually not much to be done with them since Ash already beat them and that defeat is pretty much the finale for most of the rivalries. Besides that, I thought he was a terrible rival and there wasn't much of a rivalry between him and Ash to begin with, so I have no desire to see him in the next series. If they do give Ash another main rival, I think I'd prefer it if they took whatever rival will be introduced in the games instead of making their own anime only rival again. That might be jumping the gun a bit since there's no clue as to what kind of rival there will be in X/Y and they didn't particularly handled Gary that well, but I think I'd prefer seeing them tackle a rival based on the newest rival more so than another anime-only rival. I get the impression that they were trying to make another anime-only rival with Trip in the hopes that it would work as well as it did with Paul. That obviously didn't happen, so maybe a rival based on the one from the games could work better. I don't think it could be any worse than it was with Trip, so either than or going the AG route with no main rival would work for me.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 13th January 2013 at 12:02 AM.
    Moe, martianmister and Mikuri like this.

Blog Entries

I'm hoping for Ash to get two new companions. I also want the to be origin characters. But I can't think of any career I want for them other than being league trainers like Ash and his rivals. But people are worried about three gyms in a row being repetitive but how bout they are from the region and they are returning to enter the gen 6 league again so we won't have multiple badge fights
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

I also would love ash to get two new companions, maybe something could be introduced for both of them to do. And I hope they can get equal and decent devopement.
    SammyW27 likes this.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I hope Iris and Cilan stay on. But I want Cilan's goal to refocus into something that can actually develop or test his skills. Maybe through Connoiseur exams or competitions.

Iris could have clearer goals in raising Axew (such as training his attack power, or getting him used to various scenarios in battle), much like what they did with mastering Dragon Rage.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

If you really want a more mature series than the anime currently is, read this. Because I think that some of you could like the idea. The anime is aimed to kids of 6-14 years old and they won't ditch any marketing to take pokemon outside of the main target audience.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I do know that ash will be losing this league too, he will probably have to relearn the "pokemon training 101", etc

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Seeing that it's more likely that Ash will stay in the next Gen (though I wish he would leave), I would like Ash to travel ALONE. Yup - with NO ONE except his pokemons, Pika and the Starters. I'd like to see how he camps out alone, helps out CoTDs without any help from Brock or Cilan (who are more likely to save the day instead), and without any female companions who bicker with him at some point (no offense to May, Dawn, and Iris as I like them). I think we had enough with the female travelling companions. The story will revolve around HIS STORY only, his quest, and probably his rival.

And speaking of rivals, they should do something about the "rivals need to be jerks" formula. Gary was okay, Paul was generally well received, but Trip had been messed up - and what's more, had been given the worst rivalry wrap up. It's time they stopped doing that, and bring in the secondary rival traits to the main. Rivals like Stephan, Conway, Nando, or Barry - I'd say they had been given better rivalry than Trip. And nothing like Kotetsu... Kotetsu was just... I don't even know what to say. He's cute - but for a rival that was created to compete in the league to make Ash lose, Virgil alone would've sufficed.

So in the next Gen of the anime - hopefully, they have Ash travelling alone, and give a much better rival.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

The reason Satoshi travels with other trainers is because it would be an extremely boring show if the only "person" Satoshi had to talk with on an episode-to-episode basis was his Pikachu.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Yeah, Pikachu's understandable language consists of some 10 words. That'd totally make for interesting conversations...not. While I like the little moments in which Satoshi's alone with Pikachu or his other Pokémon, a whole series like that would be too boring.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Like one User mentioned, if Ash were to travel alone, they could make it so that every episode he is interacting with a human character, COTD whatever and every 7-15 episodes he could briefly be joined by a recurring character or otherwise temporary traveling companion that would travel with him like 8-12 episodes or something. Not sure if writers can pull this off let alone pull it off correctly though.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast