How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October! - Page 10

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Blog Entries

Default re: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Quote Originally Posted by zakisrage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    I'm sorry, but what? He totally ignores Chili and Cress? How, exactly?
    What I meant was, he does have a responsibility as a Gym Leader.
    But he obviously has decided to make a chance in his ''carieer'', so he left the Gym and decided to try an become a S-class Sommelier instead. The Gym is Cress and Chili's responsibility now. And if they didn't want that responsibility for themselves they surely would've asked Cilan to come back, or just cancel the Gym. But obivously, they're able to handle it on their own. After all, the Gym is originally supposed to be owned by one person only.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zakisrage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    I'm sorry, but what? He totally ignores Chili and Cress? How, exactly?
    What I meant was, he does have a responsibility as a Gym Leader.
    So did Brock, and he managed to hang around across four regions.
    8ther, SammyW27 and Crysta Blade like this.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Thought of another way they'll affect the show...

Now some people will ignore Episode N in favor of talking about "Fennekin" this and "Xerneas" that and a whole lot of speculating and analyzing ever bit of new info.

Watch Episode N be awesome and no one notice because they've moved on . On the flip side, it could also suck because the creative team will know not as many people are watching.

I just KNOW a Gen Sixer will be clumsily shoe-horned in for the hell of it and fans will eat up now matter how good or bad its appearance/role (or lack there of)...
    Last edited by SammyW27; 11th January 2013 at 04:29 PM.
    Yato and John Understands like this.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't believe Cilan is staying at all. They're not going to repeat the same thing they did with Brock.

Ash is likely going to get two new travel companions every gen now.
    Yankees4life likes this.

Blog Entries

Since Iris is getting closer to closure in terms of character development than Cilan, I can easily see him continue on into the next region. Besides, a French-based region would suit him like a glove. :P Keeping him for two regions won't make him the next Brock.
    3Dchu likes this.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I don't believe Cilan is staying at all. They're not going to repeat the same thing they did with Brock.

And the only reason people are saying that he's staying because the next region looks like France :D :yao:

What if it looked like England?? Exactly...
    Hoopa likes this.
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Blog Entries

I think we should have Ash travel alone in Season XY. It's obvious the only thing his companions are good for is distracting him and wasting time that could have been used for training.

Oh wait and cooking. :solution have a filler where Ash learns to cook. There.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post

I hope not since I really don't think that introducing two new traveling companions like they did with Iris and Cilan worked out that well at all. Plus, Cilan is entertaining and I'm not sure if they could do that again so soon. I could see it going either way for him, depending on if there is someone in the early stages of the games to take Cilan's role, but I don't think that Iris has a chance to stay.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    Thought of another way they'll affect the show...

Now some people will ignore Episode N in favor of talking about "Fennekin" this and "Xerneas" that and a whole lot of speculati and analyzing ever bit of new info.

Watch Episode N be awesome and no one notice because they've moved on . On the flip side, it could also suck because the creative team will know not as many people are watching.

I just KNOW a Gen Sixer will be clumsily shoe-horned in for the hell of it and fans will eat up now matter how good or bad its appearance/role (or lack there of)...
    Wow, that is something I never thought of... The anime team seems to have prepared for Episode N so much to rush through the League with those horrible fillers, and it would be really awful to ruin the show completely with people getting hyped up with Gen 6.

As the Unova series hadn't been all that good - especially the league arc - I wish they please PLEASE at least make a good wrap up with Episode N. It's N they're using in the show - N, the star of Gen 5 and the one who brought in a million fan girls to buy the games and the most popular villain boss up to date - in other words, the main money maker of Gen 5. They possibly CAN'T ruin the show focused on him - and if they mess up Episode N because people were hyped up with Gen 6, I'm not sure if I'll be able to trust the anime team for good content when Gen 6 actually airs on show...

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hopefully for change we will see Ash starting out his journey in new region in light of more experienced, knowledgeable trainer without some contrived excuse being used to hamper down Pikachu strength. It happened once already when starting out in Johto. Personally im not too keen on idea of getting another rookie girl traveling with Ash either either finding such concept kinda overused at this point.

For change i would be much more interested if experienced, mature girl joined him while Ash keeping same level of maturity complimenting and fulfilling each other when advancing toward dreams which could set up soil for unseen, unique type of dynamic in cast. For some reason i enjoyed more in type of chemistry this formula produce if Ash interactions with previous girl companions in cameos were something to go by(like Misty or May visits) feeling like longtime known friends getting pass introduction point or when he still traveled with Misty(when he wasn't rookie anymore).

That said i would like to see writers trying out four characters cast again.
    Since with such composition you can set groundwork for wider type of interactions being present in main cast allowing that dynamic between characters flow in two different directions dividing them in small group of two on two. Similar how AG cast worked.

In Digimon its common practice to have 5 to 6 , sometimes even more characters in one cast and no one is left out. One Piece exceeds that number to 10(and still counting), so im sure at least four cast group could have promising chances to work again in pokemon.

However if they decide to do four characters group i feel that adding three new characters at once would be too much not leaving enough space and time to explore all of them individually which was kinda noticeable in BW with too many new companions at once being too much of change to handle properly. That's why in my opinion good idea would be mix of old and new, introducing one new girl and bringing one of older girl companions which are more mature to balance things out since with previously established companion you already have set up foundation and plots which writers could just pick upon doing continuation of story.

My ideal 6th generation cast would be composed of Ash, Cilan, one new girl and one of older ones being reused like Misty.
    Imo her quirky tomboyish personality could mesh well into such cast and it would be enjoyable for change to see already somewhat experienced character growing forward providing certain spice into group with her spunky and outgoing attitude nowadays if chronicles were something to go by.
    We could also see establishment of older sister relationship helping new girl in her growth since she is more confident and mature at this point. And going on journey to advance goal of becpming water master learning new things, entering tournaments etc like Wallace trying to reach E4 position would seem like practical step forward being nice to see build up of story.

I feel having two girls in same cast would be something unique to see allowing writers to explore on completely new concept and different interaction between characters.

Im also hoping Ash will finally get come credible, competent female rival. Bianca had potential but that potential was sadly wasted and it would be interesting for change to have highly knowledgeable and skilled female trainer in similar vein like Paul or Gary were being ahead of Ash trying to catch up to her. Its shame how soot for main rival Ash competes against is always reserved for males.
    Perhaps they could use 6th generation girl from games as rival, seeming fitting for such task. Although im skeptic about this not getting my hopes up.

And in case Ash again gets water starter, i would like if curse could be break having them finally evolve.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 11th January 2013 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I think we should have Ash travel alone in Season XY. It's obvious the only thing his companions are good for is distracting him and wasting time that could have been used for training.
    I was thinking this too. I don't see a new female protaganist in the games, so maybe he could travel alone for a while. I'm getting a little tired too. I rahter see how Ash does on his own for a while. If people get bored than fine. It's about the pokemon anyway.

Add SammyW27 on Facebook

Unfortunately, he does NOT have what it takes to carry a show on his own. His companion may have stupid reasons for traveling with him, but it's a neccesary evil because he just isn't interesting enough to be by himself for long.
    PockyAddict likes this.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    Unfortunately, he does NOT have what it takes to carry a show on his own. His companion may have stupid reasons for traveling with him, but it's a neccesary evil because he just isn't interesting enough to be by himself for long.
    If the writers put forth more effort into writing entertaining arcs and developing proper bonds between Ash and his pokemon with the inclusion with many pokemon that all evolve by the league with good moves then there will be no need for any companions, a few COTDs every 5 eps or so will be plenty outside cities and other areas of settlement.
    SammyW27 and Yankees4life like this.

Add SammyW27 on Facebook

If the writers put forth more effort into writing entertaining arcs and developing proper bonds between Ash and his pokemon with the inclusion with many pokemon that all evolve by the league with good moves then there will be no need for any companions, a few COTDs every 5 eps or so will be plenty outside cities and other areas of settlement.
    Agreed, but I don't think they'll put forth more effort. I'm not even sure they're capable. If they were going to try something like that, I think they would've tried it (a lot) sooner...

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

After how poorly received Best Wishes was, I hope X and Y makes the anime actually enjoyable again rather than rage-filled. Ash will probably be treated as experienced again as this saga already rebooted him so no reason to see this another time.

And after the failure of Trip, I'm sure Ash's next rival will be much better. Not sure about the next female protagonist though, depends on what she does.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast