How much of a reset will Ash get in Kalos? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: How much of a reset will Ash get in Kalos?

Plinkety plonk pianooo... Doctor Who's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Doctor Who On Twitter

Default Re: How much of a reset will Ash get in Kalos?

Due to his clothes being rather reminiscent of Hoenn, his old team might be brought back to manifest off the audience's nostalgia. Also he better not lose his first battle. For example, Unova - Has a badass Pikachu at level 100, I guess. He loses to a level 5 Snivy.
    Silverwynde likes this.

Haters gonna hate

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hopefully not any stupid loss. But then people need to think about that he gets new rookie pokemon so he will lose at the start.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

I hope there is no reset in the next region. He should bring along a pokemon he catches in "Da" so that Pikachu could get kidnapped or something that way Pikachu doesn't have to lose any energy or whatever.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I vote he takes a blimp this time. JK.

I liked the plane boat thing he took to Unova, though.

Seriously, though, I have the strangest feeling the transition from BW to XY will be like that of Kanto to Johto.

Think about it...I mean Da! is essentially the equivalent of the Unova Saga's Orange Islands. Or is it just me?

So, I doubt there will be a reset...hopefully.

If there is one:

a) Ash will meet rival
    b) Rival will be jerk
    c) He will lose to Lvl. 5 rivals x Pokémon

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post
    Seriously, though, I have the strangest feeling the transition from BW to XY will be like that of Kanto to Johto.
    I think we can all be sure that from Hoenn onwards, a new generation = a new series. I'll bet the only reason Johto wasn't the start a new series was because it was the first time the franchise had a new generation, and OLM didn't think about going such a route until later. Not to mention that an official series title and Ash's getting a new outfit would already confirm that it will be a new series.

Think about it...I mean Da! is essentially the equivalent of the Unova Saga's Orange Islands. Or is it just me?
    One could say the same thing about AG's Battle Frontier saga.

Yeah, I'm sure we all do. Unless you mean that in a way that Ash brings more than just Pikachu with him to Kalos, then I see no chance of that.

If there is one:

a) Ash will meet rival
    b) Rival will be jerk
    Putting aside the fact that levels don't technically exist in the anime (at least not in that sense), that last part would only be the case if his (possible) new rival were actually a newbie like Trip.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Gabriel View Post
    I think we can all be sure that from Hoenn onwards, a new generation = a new series. I'll bet the only reason Johto wasn't the start a new series was because it was the first time the franchise had a new generation, and OLM didn't think about going such a route until later. Not to mention that an official series title and Ash's getting a new outfit would already confirm that it will be a new series.

One could say the same thing about AG's Battle Frontier saga.

Yeah, I'm sure we all do. Unless you mean that in a way that Ash brings more than just Pikachu with him to Kalos, then I see no chance of that.

If there is one:

a) Ash will meet rival
    b) Rival will be jerk
    Putting aside that fact that levels don't technically exist in the anime (at least not in that sense), that last part would only be the case if his (possible) new rival were actually a newbie like Trip.
    All good points. I'm just hoping the writers learned something from BW...then again, you're probably right. We're looking at yet another reset.

I'm wondering if Ash is doomed to stay in this cyclic pattern forever. Much as I personally disliked the DP series, that's the closest he ever got to achieving his goal and using his brain, and for that it has my respect. That, and I actually enjoyed the Sinnoh League.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 1st July 2013 at 09:00 PM.

Trophies

I hope Ash doesn't have a mental disorder from the start, instantly lose to the first person he meets, and forget how to catch a Pokemon. Pikachu will go back down to the unstoppable force that many people know as the starting level of a whopping 5 (or around that).

The thing I hope won't happen (but probably will anyway):

Narrator: Ash, a 10-year-old from Pallet town with his fellow Pikachu, is deciding to take a vacation to the Kalos Region.
    1) I hope they don't state that he is 10, or even state his age at all.

Ash: [Insert Rival's name]! I challenge you to a battle!
    [Rival]: Oh, ok
    [Insert battle; Ash loses.]
    [Rival]: What a wimp.
    2) Ash cannot battle properly.

Ash: (Seeing a Pokemon he saw an battled a few episodes ago) Who's that Pokemon?
    3) Ash has memory loss.

[Travelling Partner]: YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BATTLE THE POKEMON THEN THROW A POKEBALL AT IT!
    Ash: Oh that's right.
    4) Ash forgets how to catch Pokemon.

and

5) Ash doesn't change his underwear every night like his mom told him to do so.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Hopefully none at all.

If there's anything that should be reset, it's resetting Satoshi's personality to how he was like before BW started.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

I hope he remembers the stupid decisions he learned in BW and doesn't do anything like that in Kalos.

Destinies United Kalos Adventurer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Most likely being defeated by a Fairy Type (which would make senese, since he's obviously never battled one, before).

It doesn't look like Ash needs to get a reset if they will have a younger character on the cast. Leave Ash's brain and pokemon alone for once. There is no need to make him weak just to be interesting.
    Ben 10 likes this.

Blog Entries

Hopefully he'll return to his AG/DP mindset. Someone competent, yet still hot-blooded, smarter, yet still eager. Seeing how BW REALLY messed that up, downgrading him back to rookie intellect and skill, I'm really hoping XY resets Ash to the way he was before BW started. I mean, he was climbing the ladder of success in AG and was in his prime during DP, then suddenly, WHAMMO, he's back to novice brainpower and abilities. So if they do reset him, he better be back to his old self (AG/DP-wise, anyway), and not give him the stupidity potion treatment.

Also, I hope Pikachu doesn't get mowed down again right off the bat. Pika seems to get the worst of the resets, though BW did a number to both of them, so I'm hoping that, if there is a reset, both will be for the better.
    Team Gaara and 8ther like this.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Blog Entries

After the first few episodes of X&Y air, Will we be able to tell if Ash will be closer to his DP self or not? I missed most of the early episodes of BW season 1 so i don't really know what to look for to tell the difference between a competent trainer Ash and a rookie Ash.

Considering current kids will be on board with Ash and his adventure, I only expect a team reset.

Blog Entries

His reset will be to the degree of his AG/DP reset not all too bad but still bad none the less. Also don't forget his obligatory lame defeat/tie to a basic stage Pokemon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast