The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread

The best Pokémon Trainer!

Default Re: The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread

loved this thread! thank you for posting, it is very interesting!
    I love BGM, I want to enter the club, but I still don't have enough posts!! WTH!

Blog Entries

Awesome job! The list is complete (For now, that is)! Coolness...

...Huh...Interesting. Even though Galactic Battles had a 16% percent increase (63 more pieces) in the total number of pieces kept compared to Battle Dimension, the season average was still the same. XD

OSHAWHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mewtwo View Post
    It's a shame that during season 4 4Kids decided to replace most of the Japanese music with their own music. That's not to say the 4Kids music is bad or anything it's just that they should have left the original music intact, and if they wanted their own music they could stick it in parts that had no music in the Japanese version.
    I'm betting that 4Kids's decisions about the music helped to influence some fans' thoughts about Pokemon, causing them to tire from the show. I'm not saying viewers consciously thought of the background music when they decided they'd stop watching, but I'm willing to bet the music situation helped. I really do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Drifblim View Post
    Awesome job! The list is complete (For now, that is)! Coolness...

...Huh...Interesting. Even though Galactic Battles had a 16% percent increase (63 more pieces) in the total number of pieces kept compared to Battle Dimension, the season average was still the same. XD
    Well that's because the total number of cues in the Japanese version increased. Also, I do think there was an increase of less than one percent, and both Seasons round out to about 46%.

But the big question is, for next season, will DP142 and DP146 become the standard for handling the BGM, or will we get more of the same as we have in almost every other episode.
    Proud member of the Pokemon BGM Club

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kazamatsuri View Post
    Well that's because the total number of cues in the Japanese version increased. Also, I do think there was an increase of less than one percent, and both Seasons round out to about 46%.

But the big question is, for next season, will DP142 and DP146 become the standard for handling the BGM, or will we get more of the same as we have in almost every other episode.
    Honestly I hope that Season 13 will have all of the original music, and maybe if we're lucky an English Saikou Everyday, but I highly doubt it, and TPCi will do their usual standards, but you never know.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

OSHAWHAT?

I want to think that what happened with the "Where no Togepi has Gone Before" episode means something...

Blog Entries

People really love the Japanese BGM... what (japanese) CDs can I buy to hear this stuff? I've taken a look at the list on Bulbapedia, but the only extensive soundtrack of BGM that I can see is the old Indigo League Sound Anime Collection (which I already have, and most of the music on it I can remember being used back in the early seasons of the dub). The later soundtrack releases seem to feature almost no BGM at all. Is it on the movie soundtracks?

Quote Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
    People really love the Japanese BGM... what (japanese) CDs can I buy to hear this stuff? I've taken a look at the list on Bulbapedia, but the only extensive soundtrack of BGM that I can see is the old Indigo League Sound Anime Collection (which I already have, and most of the music on it I can remember being used back in the early seasons of the dub). The later soundtrack releases seem to feature almost no BGM at all. Is it on the movie soundtracks?
    PKM BGM is not CD worthy, sorry. Other soundtracks however warrant CD releases. I guess PKM music just isn't as good as everyone makes it out to be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cohenmarioman View Post
    PKM BGM is not CD worthy, sorry. Other soundtracks however warrant CD releases. I guess PKM music just isn't as good as everyone makes it out to be.
    From what I've seen even the videogame music gets its own CD releases in Japan (rather extravagant ones as well, compared to regular North American CDs), so I would've assumed most of the BGM would have as well... considering that Bulbapedia lists 70 distinct Pokemon CD releases.

Blog Entries

Well, it depends on how one would define "CD worthy. Many fans across the world seem to find the BGM very appealing, which is actually part of the point of this thread. And part of that appeal (for me at least) are the Anime compositions of tunes from the games. And FYI, their are countless CDs featuring the Pocket Monsters Anime BGM. You can find a list right here. If you're looking for Anime BGM, in addition to SAC, check out Advance Adventure, Genki Ippa!, and Together / By Your Side ~Hikari's Theme~. The Pocket Monsters movies also have BGM released on CD. And generally afterwards, the BGM in question becomes a mainstay to the regular series.

Anyway, it looks like this season is shaping up to be like the last two, in terms of music being kept in the Dub. Well, see what happens later on, but so far, we have an average episode, and a below average episode.
    Proud member of the Pokemon BGM Club

Quote Originally Posted by Kazamatsuri View Post
    Well, it depends on how one would define "CD worthy. Many fans across the world seem to find the BGM very appealing, which is actually part of the point of this thread. And part of that appeal (for me at least) are the Anime compositions of tunes from the games. And FYI, their are countless CDs featuring the Pocket Monsters Anime BGM. You can find a list right here. If you're looking for Anime BGM, in addition to SAC, check out Advance Adventure, Genki Ippa!, and Together / By Your Side ~Hikari's Theme~. The Pocket Monsters movies also have BGM released on CD. And generally afterwards, the BGM in question becomes a mainstay to the regular series.

Anyway, it looks like this season is shaping up to be like the last two, in terms of music being kept in the Dub. Well, see what happens later on, but so far, we have an average episode, and a below average episode.
    personally, I love soundtracks to Japanese productions in general. However, some are better and more memorable than others (I fucking adore Yuki Kajiura ^^). Pocket Monsters... well, for such a long-running series (which also managed about 12 movies which all get their own OSTs, not to mention being adapted from a series of video games that supply the anime with several tracks as well), it clearly has a lot to its name. Some are highly outstanding, a few are mediocre if not terrible, while most the others are just something nice to listen to within the show but probably isn't something you'd want bother getting a CD for. Overall, I'd label this series as something of in-between; good, but there're much better ones out there (but I should acknowledge that my experience with other anime thus far has been quite high).

Really, though, the purpose of this thread doesn't necessarily need to be for people who really love the music. Personally, I just despise the changing of soundtracks during localization altogether, because it really just seems unnecessary. Not to mention that western replacement soundtracks are pretty much always infinitely inferior to what was already there, if not just plain shit [cough]4kids filler tracks[cough].

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

OSHAWHAT?

Would it be okay if this were stickied? Especially since this thread is about to be considered dead (if it isn't already).

Also, I wonder how much BGM will be kept this season of Pokemon. It was random (but nice, imo) how two eps ago nearly all the BGM was kept.

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

That would be a great idea.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

Blog Entries

Minor nitpick: DP160 actually kept 5 pieces.

First song in the episode
    Fighting Spirit
    Team Rocket Sinnoh Theme Remix
    DP Gym Battle
    DP Route... something. I always forget the route numbers.

Also, I agree on the sticky idea.

Blog Entries

Doesn't With the Easiest of Grace! have 13 pieces, not 12?

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast