how do you think cartoon network will handle xy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: how do you think cartoon network will handle xy

Default how do you think cartoon network will handle xy

how do you think cartoon network will treat x/y. For the past few years they haven't done a good job promoting it.

do you think they'll treat it better this time around i think they should start treating it like its an original i mean it has been there for at least 8 years

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Default Re: how do you think cartoon network will handle xy

It's probably going to be treated the same as it was in the past, the reason CN hasn't done a good job promoting the anime is because it's simply an acquisition that it only has the airing rights to, and not a homegrown show like Adventure Time or Regular Show are, which are promoted to hell and back again because they are CN's flagship shows.

And it's a wonder not that many kids today are into Pokemon anymore...
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

^^ Basically, that's sorta it. And yeah it won't change anytime soon.

Blog Entries

The only time I ever see Pokemon getting promoted on CN is on Saturday morning right before the show, and whenever a movie is coming out.

A bit sad tbh.
    x
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest
    profile pic ~ my poetry ~ my fan-fiction
    x

Blog Entries

TPCi should go into a partnership with Saban to promote and air Pokemon, i mean imagine Pokemon on the Vortexx. it would be just like the Pokemon on Kids WB days except without the pointless edits and (sometimes) Cringworthy 4kids voice actors. The franchise's popularity in the west could skyrocket to it's former fame.

Blog Entries

Its not that kids here dont know about the anime, its that they don't care.

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

They won't give a damn, especially as they have 5 (or 6?) other shows to promote.

Quote Originally Posted by Talonflame View Post
    if that was true it wouldnt even be dubbed here

Quote Originally Posted by 8ther View Post
    TPCi should go into a partnership with Saban to promote and air Pokemon, i mean imagine Pokemon on the Vortexx. it would be just like the Pokemon on Kids WB days except without the pointless edits and (sometimes) Cringworthy 4kids voice actors. The franchise's popularity in the west could skyrocket to it's former fame.
    You're forgetting, Vortexx still has strict broadcasting standards, stricter than Cartoon Network's.

Justice League Unlimited, a show that aired on Cartoon Network, was severely edited when brought onto Vortexx, even to the point of skipping episodes. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal is also edited (Though this might be Konami's decision, not Vortexx's). One example of edits include the fact that they apparently can't use the word "fight". And if I remember correctly, they use "fight" a lot on Pokémon.

Not to mention Cartoon Network gets way better ratings than Vortexx. Cartoon Network also airs Pokémon every morning, while Vortexx is only on Saturday Mornings.

The only bonus I could see putting Pokémon onto Vortexx is the individual episode promos. They make different promos for every episode of a lot of their shows, including Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal. Besides that, I see no good coming out of moving Pokémon now.
    Robo-Floatzel, Hidden Mew and Life like this.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by 8ther View Post
    It would probably have more edits airing on the Vortexx than it would airing on Cartoon Network due to the CW's standards. Perhaps not too many pointless edits, but there would be most likely more edits. There's also the issue that Cartoon Network gets better ratings than the Vortexx does.

I could see them maybe promoting the start of the series a bit more, but probably not much more than that. It's not too surprising when they don't own Pokemon so they don't get as much money from it compared to shows that they actually own. Promoting the series a bit more would be nice though, but probably doesn't have a good chance of happening.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PockyAddict View Post
    ^^ Basically, that's sorta it. And yeah it won't change anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skuntank View Post
    The only time I ever see Pokemon getting promoted on CN is on Saturday morning right before the show, and whenever a movie is coming out.

A bit sad tbh.
    Exactly what I mean, the show is basically just there, and the Pokemon franchise is far less popular outside of Japan because of the nostalgic Gen 1 fans becoming more dominant in the fandom, as well as the scheduling and lack of advertisements of the anime on CN. Kids these days aren't into shows like Pokemon because of it (and because of stupid decisions TPCi has made within the past few years that has driven older fans away from the franchise, but that's another topic), they're into either Spongebob (a show which I keep wondering why it's not dead yet) or franchises that have been around for longer than Pokemon has been (and made in the US and not Japan) like Star Wars, Batman, Transformers, Marvel Comics, etc. Pokemon just isn't viable to todays kids anymore, which is why I feel the franchise is also dying outside of Japan.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Exactly what I mean, the show is basically just there, and the Pokemon franchise is far less popular outside of Japan because of the nostalgic Gen 1 fans becoming more dominant in the fandom, as well as the scheduling and lack of advertisements of the anime on CN. Kids these days aren't into shows like Pokemon because of it (and because of stupid decisions TPCi has made within the past few years that has driven older fans away from the franchise, but that's another topic), they're into either Spongebob (a show which I keep wondering why it's not dead yet) or franchises that have been around for longer than Pokemon has been (and made in the US and not Japan) like Star Wars, Batman, Transformers, Marvel Comics, etc. Pokemon just isn't viable to todays kids anymore, which is why I feel the franchise is also dying outside of Japan.
    Despite the small amount of promotion, Pokemon still gets ratings, so I don't think that the series isn't viable to today's kids. The franchise certainly isn't dying outside of Japan, but that's neither here or there. Cartoon Network could and honestly should provide more promotion for the series, but the anime is still attracting kids. It's no where near as big as it was in its hay day, but it still does fairly well for a show that has been on the air for over a decade on Saturday mornings.
    8ther likes this.

Blog Entries

It won't be Promoted aince it is NOTHING TO THEM and they will Focus on more Shows Like Uncle Grandpa and Regular Show which are NOT GOOD.
    8ther and Pokémon Master Ash like this.

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Chocadial View Post
    It won't be Promoted aince it is NOTHING TO THEM and they will Focus on more Shows Like Uncle Grandpa and Regular Show which are NOT GOOD.
    I'm sure it will be promoted, but it will be limited to one commercial for each season, like BW. Uncle Grandpa does suck (I heard the online series wasn't bad, though...), and as for RS...let's just say Muscle Man needs to be given a rest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Talonflame View Post
    if that was true it wouldnt even be dubbed here
    Its pokemon, people will watch it even if it sucks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast