How do you feel about kids growing up with the current series? - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: How do you feel about kids growing up with the current series?

Follow ProfOaked On Twitter
    Follow ProfOaked on Tumblr Visit ProfOaked's Youtube Channel

Default Re: How do you feel about kids growing up with the current series?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    If you people talking about the Kids who hang around me then I say that they lose interest in Pokemon.
    They seem more interested in ''Inazuma Eleven'' and ''Beyblade'' !!!
    Well tbh Inazuma Eleven is better XD. But yeah Kids today do get better writing eps then we did 90s group. DP was much better written then OS by far. However OS had better fillers.

Geodude says get outta here bro!

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    I understand the reasons for the fresh starts, and I even appreciate what they've done in helping to stop the franchise becoming stale. But I'll admit that I do sometimes feel a little weirded out that so much of the fandom, if not the majority of the fandom, really wouldn't have that much familiarity with its history. If Misty came back next season (just as a totally random hypothetical here), the proportion of the fanbase that'd actually fully appreciate that is incredibly small.

I guess it just makes me feel old, more than anything else.
    If anything it actually makes sense why the writers actually stopped giving older characters cameos, because many younger fans don't know them. They give them one extra cameo in the series after they leave and that's it. I think this is because some fans carry over, for example all of us Kanto fans continued to watch AG when it aired, so to many of us we knew who May and Max were...and we saw them in DP. Then for the DP fans they got to see Dawn in BW.

It now seems like each main girl just comes back once in the series after they leave, and then that's the last we see of them. Same reason we haven't seen May again since the Wallace Cup, and why Dawn's recent cameo in BW is probably the last we'll see of her for the rest of the series.

Bionicle = my first love Toa of Ponies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    I'm glad they're getting a quality dub, I can't even watch the OS episodes in English anymore.
    I hate the new dubs!! , Its just I grew up on the OS and can not get over the new voice actors. I admit sometimes its very bad quality, but thats why I like it

Saxophonist|PW:AA fan|Orchestra/Jazz player |K-On! fan|Pokemon Fan|
    My dragons! Please have a look and click!

I grew up with the original dub, too, and I still hate them. D: Kids today deserve a dub that cares.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MayonakaSora View Post

Well tbh Inazuma Eleven is better XD. But yeah Kids today do get better writing eps then we did 90s group. DP was much better written then OS by far. However OS had better fillers.
    Eh in some aspects, not all imo. DP generally had better constructed storyline treating plot, pokemon and development of characters better but when it comes to comedy aspect, creativity of plots and group dynamic i still think OS done better job there.

Sometimes i wander if kids who aren't familiarized with OS or AG would appreciate this sagas just as much as we do, if they watched them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post

If anything it actually makes sense why the writers actually stopped giving older characters cameos, because many younger fans don't know them. They give them one extra cameo in the series after they leave and that's it. I think this is because some fans carry over, for example all of us Kanto fans continued to watch AG when it aired, so to many of us we knew who May and Max were...and we saw them in DP. Then for the DP fans they got to see Dawn in BW.

It now seems like each main girl just comes back once in the series after they leave, and then that's the last we see of them. Same reason we haven't seen May again since the Wallace Cup, and why Dawn's recent cameo in BW is probably the last we'll see of her for the rest of the series.
    I don't agree with this approach. Anime maybe doesn't need them in cast to go on,but erasing previous traveling companions from existence like they never mattered is rather bad decision taking away from show credibility. After all if this is supposed to be anime with continuity, set in same timeline following adventures of constant protagonist(Ash)it only makes sense to bring back previous friends which influenced his development as trainer and receive more development themselves considering how writers have habit of not finishing what they started.

Such move also deprives younger generations from opportunity to better comprehend Ash past, and gets to know his friends which played important role in his growth he made over the years and anime history.

Not to mention when you see writers bringing secondary characters like Gary, Jasmin, Butch and Cassidy who kids in DP never saw either, it defeats purpose of preventing target demographic to end up confused. Recent revival of Giovanni and TR organization is proof in itself how if writers find older character might be beneficial for current storyline or decide to do something with him, they wont really hesitate on bringing them back whether today kids may know about them or not.

Beside we don't really know how much today demographic knows about older characters or not. They are certainly more blessed than we were back in day having easier access to internet, chance to watch reruns on TV stations like Boomerang, Cartoon Network, Pokemon Smash etc. giving them opportunity to find out about it.

p.s. About older fans which transfer over to new generation people who grew up with OS and continued watching when AG started were small minority, when taking in account how Hoenn had notably lower ratings than Kanto or Johto. Same applies to Hoenn or DP fans.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MayonakaSora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    If you people talking about the Kids who hang around me then I say that they lose interest in Pokemon.
    They seem more interested in ''Inazuma Eleven'' and ''Beyblade'' !!!
    While BW has both Bad writing, Pathetic humor & boring filler.
    No wonder that Kids love Inazuma Eleven over Best Wish.
    There was a guy in Youtube who said Inazuma Eleven is better then Pokemon because-
    -No progression
    -Ash is stupid.
    So Writer needed to move Ash forward but instate they decide to go for a ''New Beginning''
    Anyway ,
    If Writer think that Their rebooting would help younger audience then it failed in our country.
    After all , We have a lot of kids hanging around us.

Blog Entries

I never have had a problem with 4Kids, they did a great job of injecting humour into the show and the va's were great. I don't like PokemonUSA at all, they try to twist the dialogue into being cooler and more relatable to todays generation, and to me, that puts me off the show. I no longer watch the dubs anymore.

In terms of the storylines and characters, I can imagine kids warming to Pokemon just as much as I did back in the day. BW has captured the essence of the Kanto trio pretty well, actually. I think DP would have been maybe more exciting for kids but have had less of an impression, it lacked that magic that kids derive nostalgia from.

Just my opinions :P

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

I began watching during the AG series and to this day it's still my favorite region and generation of Pokemon. I went back and watched the OS after that as well, but it's just something about the generation you grew up with that makes you drawn towards them. No matter what though, a Pokemon fan is a Pokemon fan no matter when they started watching. One of the things I really hate is when old fans gang up on or belittle younger fans for liking Unova or Sinnoh over the older generations. They can't helped it if they were not alive when Kanto and Johto were taking place, yet people act like it's a crime to like a different generation than you do.

Hmm, I don't really know anyone in real life who still watches the anime, so I can't make an accurate assessment. But I hope some of the kids who watch the current anime do some research on past episodes; it would be sad if they didn't know about May and Max or about some of the previous story arcs.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the problem is now that there's 750+ episodes, so unless you're a *really* hardcore fan of the anime, I doubt any little kids are going to make an effort to see every episode.

Back when the show started the show had about 150-200 episodes at most, and it wasn't that difficult to see everything. Now that the anime has 5 generations and 750+ episodes, it's obviously much more difficult.

Although at the same time, it doesn't *really* matter. The anime resets itself enough that you don't really have to go back and see everything, only if you want to get to know some past characters or rivals, etc.

I don't care if kids start out with Best Wishes or with how Sinnoh was, but some like it so I won't complain. I never liked Kanto over any other series, so it really doesn't bother me.

Visit Fieryfurnace's Youtube Channel

I personally don't mind what season somebody started. I myself am a 12 year old kid, and i started watching in Hoenn, but it doesn't matter how old somebody is. I haven't watched a lot of the first generation episodes, yet i can recognize Gary and the ever awesome Charizard. Even if i couldn't, that wouldn't make me any less of a fan than the adults who are still loyal to the show. :)

~The Bird Who Can't Fly~ VioletJay's Avatar

Visit VioletJay's Youtube Channel

My little bro only knows about Misty and Brock because he grew up on my old VHS tapes.

Oh, I'm completely fine with it, as long as kids are still watching. It kind of sucks that they won't get to know the old characters, but most kids will stop watching at some point and the ones who don't will probably look it up when they're older.

I don't actually know kids who watch Pokémon, though. In my country it's currently airing at a sucky timeslot and they don't really advertise it, so it's mostly the older fans who watch the show or buy the games. Now that is sad, kids who don't know Pokémon exists. It's not that they have to like it, but many would if they knew it was there.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Follow ProfOaked On Twitter
    Follow ProfOaked on Tumblr Visit ProfOaked's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    Oh, I'm completely fine with it, as long as kids are still watching. It kind of sucks that they won't get to know the old characters, but most kids will stop watching at some point and the ones who don't will probably look it up when they're older.

I don't actually know kids who watch Pokémon, though. In my country it's currently airing at a sucky timeslot and they don't really advertise it, so it's mostly the older fans who watch the show or buy the games. Now that is sad, kids who don't know Pokémon exists. It's not that they have to like it, but many would if they knew it was there.

I'd love to know the ratio of older people/kids. I feel as if the older people may be higher tbh

Geodude says get outta here bro!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast