How do you feel about Ash being in Pokemon X/Y Series? - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: How do you feel about Ash being in Pokemon X/Y Series?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How do you feel about Ash being in Pokemon X/Y Series?

Indifferent. Not happy or annoyed. I can't see things getting much worse for him. Much as I hate that Team Rocket and him are still on the show in all their caricature forms since BF began, it wouldn't be right to let Ash go until he wins something or another, or at least not in Unova.

East Unova Resident SuperTrainStationH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I find it comical that anyone would expect would expect Ash to have not featured in this series.

Blog Entries

Follow Madame Pika on Tumblr

On the one hand, I'm glad that they didn't end it in Isshu. That would have been a sad way to end it. On the other I would like to see him replaced.

Manly though, there is the fact that I never expected him to go. Isshu provided no reason for him to go. X&Y provided no reason to see him go.
    Caseydia likes this.

Registered User SatoHaruFan2248's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am somewhat mixed about Ash in the XY anime. He looks cool in his new outfit but I feel like it's time for a new hero to take his place. My hope is he mentors Trevor in the anime. I think Trevor would benefit from Ash's experience.

MAY & ASH FOREVER & ALWAYS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SatoHaruFan2248 View Post
    I am somewhat mixed about Ash in the XY anime. He looks cool in his new outfit but I feel like it's time for a new hero to take his place. My hope is he mentors Trevor in the anime. I think Trevor would benefit from Ash's experience.
    So basically similar what I've been saying for a while... and what I ranted about over on "Should Ash Be Replaced" thread. It's cool to see others with similar thoughts. Mad props.

"What we create in the present is merely a shadow, nay, a reflection on our past."
    Quote from little known author: Lee Austin
    Inkay - Officially Claimed

Quote Originally Posted by SatoHaruFan2248 View Post
    I think Ash should retire but I think the writers want to keep him in, don't make him the main guy. Have him train Calem & Serena. I don't hate Ash but I think it's time for him to step aside. Who knows, maybe Ash is being tortured by Oak and Oak is forcing him to go to new regions against his will.
    If Ash is the main character, he will be the main guy rather we want him to or not. However, there were times when others were just as much focused as he was like in AG and DP but then there were times when Ash seemed like he was getting no focus. I just want him to get good development as much as the others. Meaning no more characters who sit around and do nothing but critize and no more characters who hog the screen too much from him either.

Registered User SatoHaruFan2248's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You summed it up perfectly xD

The way the series starts is the foundation of the rest of it. Seriously BW just didn't do it for me;
    -The reason Ash went to Unova
    -His first battle in the region
    -Pikachu's reason for being "de-powered"
    -Ash's traveling companions

And the list goes on...

But more on point, I just hope he doesn't do stupid stuff right off the bat. Back in Kanto, him trying to catch Pidgey by using his book bag I think since Pikachu refused to listen to him was more funny than stupid like him in Unova throwing Pokeballs off the bat to catch Pidove and others.

You know I think the worst part about it is Iris since she constantly scolds him for doing stupid stuff when she isn't an expert herself. That just made the series worse in my opinion. Heck, they should have made her the recurring rival instead of a Paul or Gary we'd finally have a female rival for Ash. Its a shame, in my opinion I feel she was an "annoying rival" more than a companion for Ash...
    The BW saga was terrible. Iris was annoying, the story was bland, & it went too long.

MAY & ASH FOREVER & ALWAYS

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

Indifferent. I'm more curious of what else they will do with him after his BW reset. Will he become a mentor-figure to his new companion(s) like in DP? I would like that. I honestly wanted a new protag, but I set the bar for that way low, so I'm honestly not surprised Ash's story ain't done yet and might as well go on for another 15 friggin' years. ;P

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Well, it's ok for me. The anime screenwriters gave up any daring a long time ago and are satistied with the objective of just promoting the games.
    I think it would be very good there being a new protagonist if there was a new story (maybe a new anime), but there's no point in doing that now because there will be no major changes in the form how the plot is led. It would even be incoherent changing it, since the anime is about Ash.
    Last edited by Swadloon; 24th July 2013 at 05:31 AM.
    Caseydia likes this.

I think there's a 'pattern' in the anime. First Ash starts off as a complete noob in Gen-1, then he buffs up a bit by travelling 2-3 regions, then Gen-5 starts out fresh and Ash is back to being a noob. So I think in the next 1-2 generations, Ash will pro-up a bit, then again he's gonna be back to a noob, and again he's gonna pro-up, and so on...

I hope this time they add some more 'variety' in the anime. In the anime, it's only Ash who's after something important, his companions either have nothing important to do or they have smaller goals. So I think this time Ash should have companions who are Pokemon Trainers like him, and maybe Ash could learn things from them, and they're gonna learn things from Ash. It would also be cool if the anime also focuses a bit on others and their goals, not just Ash. But removing Ash from the show is not a good idea.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Destinies United Kalos Adventurer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm glad he's in this series. Actually due to Ash being in XY, I'd doubt that he'll be replaced at all. Once XY's been completed, Ash/Satoshi and Pikachu will have been the main protagonists for almost 20 years (or 19 years if XY turns out to be another 3-year series).
    Neowsu and Caseydia like this.

I don't really mind it, since it is "natural" to me (and probably to most of us) in a sense. I just hope he won't "restart" again.

But hey, it's not THAT bad that his level 1XX OP Pikachu gets his behind handed to him by a level 5 starter, right? ;D

. . .

Okay, maybe not.

Blog Entries

I 100% expected it so felt no different.

It's too obvious at this stage that he isn't going in my opinion.
    Hidden Mew likes this.

Was there even a chance for him to leave, like at all? I doubt so.

However, I think they will only replace Ash ONLY if they end the whole series and create a new spin-off like series. What I mean is, the series is not only focused on Ash, it is about him, so the only chance of him leaving in my opinion is that the series end and they start a new one with a new protagonist.

追放されたバカ

Ash makes the show! They tried doing Pokemon Chronicles as a spin off without him, and while I personally was ok with them, they flopped.
    If they got rid of Ash that would be the biggest kick in the nuts since not being able to migrate between Gen 2 and 3.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast