How do you feel about Ash being in Pokemon X/Y Series? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about Ash being in Pokemon X/Y Series?

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Default Re: How do you feel about Ash being in Pokemon X/Y Series?

I am not surprised, while I'm unhappy he's still in the anime, I just hope they make him more competent than he was in Best Wishes.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    I am not surprised, while I'm unhappy he's still in the anime, I just hope they make him more competent than he was in Best Wishes.
    Likewise and not to jump off subject but I hope Pikachu gets a better move next season as well, de-powering it is one thing but once they got rid of Volt Tackle for Electo Ball I just lost all hope in the series...

I really hope they fix that :/

I don't know why people were hoping for him to be kicked off the anime just because the writers treated him like a rag doll this season. It shouldn't mean he should leave after all these years. If you find Ash boring, then maybe a new anime would be good. I never had a problem with him as a main characters because he's been one for so long. Since the writers have Ash going through some let downs, it might mean the same thing for another protagonist as well, so what's the point since they like to advertise more than make sense of things?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I don't know why people were hoping for him to be kicked off the anime just because the writers treated him like a rag doll this season. It shouldn't mean he should leave after all these years. If you find Ash boring, then maybe a new anime would be good. I never had a problem with him as a main characters because he's been one for so long. Since the writers have Ash going through some let downs, it might mean the same thing for another protagonist as well, so what's the point since they like to advertise more than make sense of things?
    Spoken just like Trip :/

To me its mainly about how they dealt with Ash when compared to other series where the main character doesn't age at all when it is clear that years and years have went by;
    Timmy Turner; Fairly Odd Parents
    Rugrats; they had a sequel but still they were babies for a LONG time
    Wild Thornberries and yeah the list goes on

Heck, how long was Peter Parker in high school/college again?

But all other cartoons aside, making money is their #1 prize. Its just a shame we don't have a good anime like back in the early sagas or DP :(

It would have been kind of weird replacing him at this point; it would have made more sense at the start of practically any other regional saga except this one:

*Johto obviously because he was based off Red and they would have had a G/S-based protagonist (although the Orange Islands would have been different/not happened), plus this was still early enough on that having a new protagonist was not that farfetched. Personally I would have liked this outcome the best but that's neither here nor there.
    *Hoenn because it was the first time the anime really changed itself and was the beginning of a second series--since Kanto and Johto were grouped together under the same series it wouldn't have been unusual to have the same protagonist and then have him replaced after that series ended, and since May was introduced having Brendan as a main protagonist/co-star would have made sense.
    *Sinnoh because of how the DP series was promoted and how Dawn seemed like a new main protagonist in the first episode.
    *Unova because of the sense of newness that both the main series games and the anime recieved.

But there doesn't seem to have been any reason that Ash wouldn't be in this series. Putting aside all of the reasoning like "he's been with it for 15+ years" and "Pikachu is the mascot of the entire Pokemon franchise", and the statement that was given in an interview which I believe said something along the lines of Ash and Pikachu being in the anime until the end of time, there weren't any real facts that could form a legitimate argument for his not returning like "the series is getting a huge reboot" or "the writers were writing a perfect ending to his story". I'm personally not surprised in the slightest, instead I was (and still am) more curious about how his character is going to be treated.

I dont even know anymore.
    Tumblr

Blog Entries

How am I supposed to feel? We all knew he was going to stay. xD

gone...
    Blog Entries
    Add Konstantinos on Facebook
    Follow Konstantinos on Tumblr Visit Konstantinos's Youtube Channel

Yeah, it was more or less expected, no surprise here.
    The War Room
    Random Messages

These two images are more than enough to describe all the fun I had in this forum all over the past year...
    BMGF, 2013-2014... I will never forget you.
    Just wait a little, I'll come back...

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    How am I supposed to feel? We all knew he was going to stay. xD
    Not every one did, some one would keep debating back and fourth and brining up reasons why hey'll be leaving at the end of the BW series >>
    I'm happy about this, I'd stop watching if he did leave, hes the reason why I still am.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22 View Post
    Not every one did, some one would keep debating back and fourth and brining up reasons why hey'll be leaving at the end of the BW series >>
    I'm happy about this, I'd stop watching if he did leave, hes the reason why I still am.
    It's more like some people hoped that he would leave, but after how BW turned out for him, it would have been terrible if that was Ash's last series. He isn't the reason why I watch the show, but I'm fine with him sticking around.

Happy in love Neo Blaze's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior AdministratorModerator
    Blog Entries

Visit Neo Blaze's Youtube Channel

As long as there are Pokémon games, there will be Pokémon anime. As long as there is Pokémon anime, there will be Satoshi/Ash. That's what I think, anyway.

I'm okay with Ash staying. I've never even had much trouble with his downgrading in BW. I know that, after all, it's just a show, but I'd really like to see where new paths will take Ash.

Blog Entries

I just want to thank everyone who explains why or why not they approve of Ash staying on board for the next series instead of JUST saying; "He is going to be there forever get over it!" kind of responses.

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

Annoyed. It's getting ridiculous. The Unova arc has been horrible. And the more that's added the harder it is going to be for the writers to handle everything. He's character has gone to hell IMO and there's no turning back now.

Blog Entries

When I heard this I just said, "Same old, same old." I'm not surprised about it, really. Disappointed but not surprised.

I'm actually pretty happy about it. I don't think a change in the main character alone would do anything good for the series; realistically, any dramatic change would really require a totally new one to be launched with different writers and a different direction. As it is, despite its flaws, I enjoy the anime as light-hearted fun and I still find it to be reasonably enjoyable to watch Satoshi be the main character. His journeys are far from over.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i am happy that they are keeping ash. by replacing him without finishing his never ending goal, then it wold be the GS ball 2.0. i also am happy because i dont have to worry about ash getting replaced with a character who seems to have even less lights on such as comparing Yugi Moto to Yuma in the Yugioh franchise. to see Ash get replaced with a Yuma grade replacement would be way too much for me to handle so i am happy that ash is still here

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast