How do you feel about another "Joy/Jenny/Don George" with Parker this late in BW? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you feel about another "Joy/Jenny/Don George" with Parker this late in BW?

rest in pieces Winterdaze's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Default Re: How do you feel about another "Joy/Jenny/Don George" with Parker this late in BW?

Don't care. He's such a minor character, why does it even matter

rock dee jay garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Default Re: How do you feel about another "Joy/Jenny/Don George" with Parker this late in BW?

Like others, I agree that it's not a huge deal.

For all intents and purposes, Joy, Jenny and Don effectively are the same character, even if they're all supposed to be different individuals in-universe. They all look and act alike (Unova's regional differences notwithstanding), they serve exactly the same purpose and generally all have the same character traits. For a Joy or Jenny to show any distinguishing personal characteristics that set her apart from her sisters was always the exception, not the rule. It's not especially jarring for me to know that there are similarly multiple Parkers because I can't honestly see it making much difference in the long run - he'll still effectively be the same character, even if the colour of his collar periodically changes.
    Last edited by garrison-san; 11th May 2013 at 08:42 AM.

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I agree with Winterdaze. It doesn't really matter. I've always liked the generations of Joys and Jenny's so I don't mind other characters having the same gimmick.

Post Thanks / Like

Huh? I thought it was the same guy... *Haven't watched the show in a while*

Oh well, I don't really mind him/them though...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

At first I hated it and also felt like his character was destroyed a little, but now I just love it for some reason. I think I'll never know why.

But objectively speaking, it is completely unnecessary. Unlike Jenny, Joy and George, Parker doesn't work at a stable building, they could just have Ash and the others travel in the same ship during the whole Da! series without problem. The cruise could make one day-long stops, which is what seems to take Ash and the others to go from island to island; and like what happened in the Butterfree episode when they stayed a week on the island, they could just have the ship longer there due to anything.

One think that does bother me in any case, is that his name doesn't follow the kana ジ trend.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12