How do you compare the original Kanto series to the Battle Frontier series? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you compare the original Kanto series to the Battle Frontier series?

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Default Re: How do you compare the original Kanto series to the Battle Frontier series?

BF was a lot of wasted potential. I still really enjoyed it for the most part since important things were happening in almost every episode, but they just didn't do what they could have with it. Ash was traveling around where he started his adventure, but they didn't really relate back to that at all. Other than them throwing Misty in at the beginning, we didn't see anything to remind us of the earliest season. We were explicitly told we were in towns with gyms and characters we had met, but we saw none of it.

Default Re: How do you compare the original Kanto series to the Battle Frontier series?

Kanto >>>>>>>> BF
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 20th June 2013 at 11:53 PM.

Will Rip Titles 4 Money megastarmie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow megastarmie On Twitter Add megastarmie on Facebook Add megastarmie on Google+ Add megastarmie on MySpace
    Add megastarmie on Linkedin Follow megastarmie on Tumblr Follow megastarmie on Flickr Visit megastarmie's Youtube Channel

BF was horrible, it shouldn't even be in the same CATEGORY as the first season. What better dub for a horrible season than TPCi's, right? :P

The Battle Frontier series had way better battles than Kanto so I think the Battle Frontier is better.

Well, BF didn't feel anything like Kanto to me. I suppose it was an okay season in hindsight, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was as I re-watched it (even the English dub was tolerable to an extent), but a lot of things really turned me off here the first time I watched it.

Particularly the introduction of the TPCi voice cast right smack-dab in the middle of this arc. Ash saying "I got me the luck symbol" and such was totally off from what I was used to. Obviously by now I'm used to the current VAs and writers by now, both of whom have improved greatly since this season, but I can't say this was a change for the better for me by any means. I thought it was a mistake then, and I still think it is a mistake now.

Since this season debuted, the show has never felt the same in English to me. It's a really depressing season for me, so I'll end my thoughts on that note.

BF really put me out of my comfort zone, so to speak. I think that's why I hated it so much when it was first introduced. It brought a lot of frankly, well, unwelcome changes to the series for me. In short, the whole focus on "battles" and stuff began to take precedence over the "characterizations" to me. I'll admit that, in its defense, I thought the battles were cool and the whole "Frontier Brain" set up was interesting, but it's generally my least favorite part of AG, and one of my least favorite seasons in the whole anime.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 21st June 2013 at 09:40 AM.

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

I think they were both good. The Kanto saga was just the beginning so there wasn't anything to compare it to then. Some of the battles were a bit underwhelming in comparison to Battle Frontier though. Ash really had to challenge himself and try like 3 times to actually beat Brandon as opposed to a lot of the easy wins and hand out badges in Kanto. I also didn't much care about the voice switch in BF; I barely even noticed it so that's not a factor for me. But Battle Frontier did seem kind of boring whenever there wasn't a battle or contest going on imo. It also didn't have as much humor and entertainment as Kanto had.

If I had to rank them I'd say Kanto is about a 9/10 while Battle Frontier is an 8/10.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

The only time I ever thought about the Kanto saga during the Battle Frontier was when Satoshi gathered up four of his Kanto party members, which was poorly handled, and his "battle" with Shigeru, which had Mezase Pokemon Master playing in the background (which was cool until Pikachu got beaten by Elekible, AFTER BEATING A REGICE!).

I... would never compare them. Ever.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123