How different would the anime be now if 4Kids still ran the anime and....... - Page 2

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: How different would the anime be now if 4Kids still ran the anime and.......

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How different would the anime be now if 4Kids still ran the anime and.......

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    The fact that Misty got a new voice only for the Mastermind special is proof in itself, they essentially have new voices to characters we never see again anyway. Remember all the times we heard the new Misty voice? Oh wait.
    I don't even remember Misty's voice. And I don't dare to watch that Mastermind special- the voices were a load of crap seeing as TPCi had to do impressions of all the voices. And I only got used to Ash's voice at the start of BW. In DP, he always put "y'know" at the end of his lines. He doesn't do it very often nowadays, though.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How different would the anime be now if 4Kids still ran the anime and.......

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoGamer View Post
    I don't even remember Misty's voice. And I don't dare to watch that Mastermind special- the voices were a load of crap seeing as TPCi had to do impressions of all the voices. And I only got used to Ash's voice at the start of BW. In DP, he always put "y'know" at the end of his lines. He doesn't do it very often nowadays, though.
    Well it doesn't matter now anyway, it's not like Misty is ever going to appear again anytime soon, if ever.

Which is why I said most of the old voices no longer matter as the characters are gone.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If 4kids still ran anime as dubbing company there would be retained all beenfits anime had back than,but on other hand there would be kept some undesired flaws they tend to do as well.

On good side:
    -Ash older voice actor would be kept with same being applied to other characters too.Which would be great because imo they made character sound natural,knowing how to connect with them.
    -openings would be better.When 4kid did dubbing they seemed more catchy and lively compared to rather bland and uncreative new ones.
    -dialogue between characters would be more realistic imo.

On negative side:
    -4kids usual habit of censoring too many pointless things would unfortunately stay.
    -Japanese music would become almost non existent taking away from originality.
    -there would be lot of cut and edited out scenes being accompanied with change of dialogues.

All in all i had no problems with anime when 4kids did dubbing having that natural feel to it,though their flaws really hurt it in some segments.Than again no one is perfect.

Well it doesn't matter now anyway, it's not like Misty is ever going to appear again anytime soon, if ever.

Which is why I said most of the old voices no longer matter as the characters are gone.
    To be fair we dont know when and will she appear.She is popular and very liked character,has untapped potential to offer more and was part of most recognized cast out there.I dont think we will never see her again which would be big mistake and bad move from writers part.

Speaking of Misty new voice,it sound rather good in Mastermind special seeming more fitting for her than i can say for some other characters which sound terribly imo.

Blog Entries

If 4kids still dubbed the anime it wouldn't matter, as Misty still no longer appeared in the series after AG134 and Mastermind. I imagine Veronica Taylor would be upset she lost her role as May, but she still has the main character.

Eric Stuart would still be James even with Brock gone, (like in Orange Islands), and Rachael Lilis would still have Jessie. Meowth would have still had a new voice due to Maddie sadly passing away though.

Blog Entries

Meowth would have still had a new voice due to Maddie sadly passing away though.
    One thing I've always wondered, if the production and cast change had never taken place, would she still have passed on? I know it sounds strange, but a different decision on such matters of high importance can arguably yield different results on many, many seemingly unrelated events.
    Proud member of the Pokemon BGM Club

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kazamatsuri View Post
    One thing I've always wondered, if the production and cast change had never taken place, would she still have passed on? I know it sounds strange, but a different decision on such matters of high importance can arguably yield different results on many, many seemingly unrelated events.
    If I remember correctly, didn't she die from food poisoning? I seem to recall that being stated back when she originally passed.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoGamer
    And I only got used to Ash's voice at the start of BW. In DP, he always put "y'know" at the end of his lines. He doesn't do it very often nowadays, though.
    That has nothing to do with the voice actor. The people you should be upset with are the writers who made Ash say "y'know" a million times, not Ms. Natochenny.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

I really didn't want to do this, but seriously, no one got over the voices? I really don't see things being better simply because of a different cast or voice director. I am not saying 4kids did not do a good job at that, except that they made odd scripting choices. I really don't see any difference other than that, and to me, that would make a saga that is already ridiculous even more ridiculous.
    Last edited by Dragon Char; 15th November 2011 at 09:44 AM.
    Trainer Gabriel likes this.
    Step into the Fairy circle

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    That has nothing to do with the voice actor. The people you should be upset with are the writers who made Ash say "y'know" a million times, not Ms. Natochenny.
    I wasn't personally referring to Sarah Natochenny, but I just meant Ash's character in general. I like Sarah Natochenny as much as the next person, as it wasn't her fault that Ash's voice wasn't initially very good.

Blog Entries

Sarah was only 18 when she did Ash's voice back in 2006 during Battle Frontier. They should have went with someone more experienced at the start.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Sarah was only 18 when she did Ash's voice back in 2006 during Battle Frontier. They should have went with someone more experienced at the start.
    But she's gotten pretty good now. In fact, I prefer her over Veronica. Anyway, wasn't Veronica fairly young when she started to voice Ash?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    But she's gotten pretty good now. In fact, I prefer her over Veronica. Anyway, wasn't Veronica fairly young when she started to voice Ash?
    I think she was 18 when she did Ash's voice in Kanto too, and she was pretty bad during the first 25 or so Kanto episodes before she got her Ash voice down.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Well they would continue to cram unfitting music into every last square inch of auditory space.

Cause y'know if kids are subject to a bit of silence, they might be momentarily distracted by a vacuum cleaner or something.

I think she was 18 when she did Ash's voice in Kanto too, and she was pretty bad during the first 25 or so Kanto episodes before she got her Ash voice down.
    Here's an idea, why didn't they just find some boys to do his voice? But I guess that would have made too much sense than to find 18 year old women with no job.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    Cause y'know if kids are subject to a bit of silence, they might be momentarily distracted by a vacuum cleaner or something.
    I've never understand how anyone could come to a conclusion like that. I mean, as a kid, I never cared much about background music unless I was really into the show.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast