Hikari/Dawn to appear; participating in World Tournament

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree423Likes

Thread: Hikari/Dawn to appear; participating in World Tournament

Blog Entries

Default Hikari/Dawn to appear; participating in World Tournament

Source:

All of Hikari's Pokémon are there except from Eteboth.

Pachirisu kicks Mijumaru's hotachi away.

Pochama and Mijumaru seem to have a feud.

Pochama flirts with Meloetta with a smug expression; looks like an attempt to anger Mijumaru as opposed to an actual affection for it.

Manmoo and Charbuu are seen battling.

Source:

What do you think Hikari will do in the second season of Best Wishes? Why have they brought her back? Will she be on the main cast again either temporarily or permanently?
    Last edited by Iteru; 17th May 2012 at 07:16 AM.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hikari/Dawn to appear; in what capacity unknown

Let's pretend my record wasn't broken.

I'm going for temporary. It'd be weird for a past char to return that's not Brock.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The contests aren't in the anime anymore. That alone assures Dawn is getting a cameo and nothing else. They wouldn't have a coordinator around without said Contests.

I think she'll stay for around 5 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    What do you think Hikari will do in the second season of Best Wishes?
    It seems to me that there are two options:
    1. She came to participate in Cynthia's Battle Tournament
    2. She came to participate in some special Contest, similar to Wallace Cup or maybe something similar to the Johto Festival that advertised Johto to the people of Sinnoh - maybe Dawn will take part in something like this that will advertise Contests to Unova

Why have they brought her back?
    Probably to mirror what the games are doing
    The BW games did a totally fresh beginning with no old Pokémon (until after the end of the plot) and with limited references to the past
    The BW2 games, as was probably planned from the beginning, break all of this and bring back both old Pokémon and the past in general into the focus, including older characters like all the Gym Leaders and so on
    So the anime is reflecting this - at first they went with the "fresh" thing, showing only new Poké and almost no references to the past at all, and now with the release of BW2 it seems we'll get to see older Poké regularly again and with that we're also getting the return of older characters
    Why Dawn specifically rather than a character like one of the past Gym Leaders that actually return in the games? probably because these Gym Leaders only play a very minor role in the games (I assume they're just there for battles, not really playing a role in the story) and the anime wanted to make their own take on the "bring older characters back" and chose the recent series' heroine - it probably made more sense to them to bring Dawn back due to her being in the most recent series and due to her importance in that series, while a character like Misty seems not as relevant now even if she appears in some form in the games

Will she be on the main cast again either temporarily or permanently?
    Realistically, she'll probably be just for the amount of eps of whatever she came for, Contest or the Battle Tournament, which will probably be about 5 eps at most
    I do hope she'll stay longer than that, and maybe there's a chance of it happening, since after all she IS the one and only character that truly starred in this show other than Ash and also with her comes Piplup who is very popular and achieved almost a Pikachu-level of a mascot
    It could be fun to see her sticks around for a while regardless of anything, just enjoying seeing Unova and doings things with Ash and his new friends
    I also hope she'll show her Hoenn Ribbons and have some flashbacks to her journey in Hoenn (hopefully longer and more detailed than May's limited flashbacks in DP)
    I want to know who exactly are her rivals there - if she met up with Zoey/Kenny, etc...
    Joshawott likes this.

Blog Entries

I'm almost positive that one of her episodes will be a Piplup + Oshawott filler. Just watch.
    GAME OVER
    RETURN OF GANON

Quote Originally Posted by ¿Mukuhawku? View Post
    I'm almost positive that one of her episodes will be a Piplup + Oshawott filler. Just watch.
    I reaaaaally want an ep like that, these two are awesome and there's lots of potential in the interactions of them together
    투 애니원 likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    The contests aren't in the anime anymore. That alone assures Dawn is getting a cameo and nothing else. They wouldn't have a coordinator around without said Contests.

I think she'll stay for around 5 episodes.
    Dawn is probably here to participate in "PokeWood"(Pokemon + Hollywood) Coordinators are all about showing off, glam, and looks it makes sense she would participate in a event that involves talent. Plus Homika is a electric guitar player and she's participating in PokeWood too, so is Luke since he's a film maker, and Brycen is an actor who talks to Homika's daddy about PokeWood, it would make sense Dawn would too.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I personally hope she is only in it for one or two episodes and isn't becoming a permanent cast member, I already have enough of her Piplup, and putting him with his Unova equivalent (Ash's Oshawott) is equivalent to putting Loki and Discord in the same room (except that would actually be cool)
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

I wish she was permanent, but predictably it'll be temporary.
    djulienr likes this.

Blog Entries

I hope she and Iris get into fights. For once I'd like to see main girls NOT get along with each other.

Moe
    Blog Entries

While I'd love it to be Dawn coming back to be a full time member of the cast and start having Contests in Unova, I think anything beyond a one off tournament like the Wallace Cup and a few episodes travelling would be too much to ask for.

That said I'm expecting that it will be something to do with Dawn's sidequest as a Pokemon Stylist instead, as it makes a lot more sense in the context of Unova, particularly with Burgh and the dress-up element to musicals.
    Trainer Yusuf likes this.

Blog Entries

I wonder why Dawn doesn't have a new outfit

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I wonder why Dawn doesn't have a new outfit
    When May reappeared, she was in her Emerald outfit, Dawn only appeared in her Platinum outfit for, at most, 3-4 episodes and then went back to her D/P outfit. The artists were most likely lazy
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Maybe she didn't get a new outfit because in recent years they seem to prefer to put the characters only in their game clothes... like, when Gary returned, he got into his new FRLG outfit... when May returned, she get her new Emerald outfit... but now with Dawn, they kind of already used the Platinum outfit as her snow outfit in the DP series itself, so they don't have anything new to use for her...
    It is weird though that Cynthia gets anew outfit while Dawn doesn't... but maybe Cynthia gets this new outfit in the BW2 games?...

Blog Entries

You know what? If she switches Oshawatt with Piplup, I might even want her to stay permanently myself.

She'll obviously be sticking around for a couple of episodes. Maybe the writers are trying to entice back DP fans that
    may have lost their way with BW. I don't know. I read the header as 'Haruka'... very disappointed :,(

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast