Headscratching moments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Headscratching moments

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Headscratching moments

    This threads about moments in the Anime that don't make you rant so much as make you got "Huh?" when you think about it.

    For one: how are Ash, May or Dawn able to be Trainers when they don't seem to have even the bare basis down when they start? You'd think they'd be better educated before being sent into the world yet Dawn forgets to unshrink the Poke Ball and May shows how she hardly knows how Pokemon Evolution works. I fear to think how they'd managed without meeting Ash. If the Professors were remotely smart enough, they'd have them take a test so they know said basics.

    I also wonder how the Poke Ball comes back to the Trainer when it's throw. Wouldn't it be more practical to thrust it out forth and let the Pokemon come out?

    Anyone else got a headscratching moment to share?

  2. #2
    Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Transgender
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    216
    Blog Entries
    3

    Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Headscratching moments

    Seriously, if I started wondering some little things in this show I would be scratching my head all the time. XD

  3. #3
    It's Detective Time! Cilan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Straiton City
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: Headscratching moments

    I thought the point of Trainer School was for people to learn the basis of Pokemon, capturing, and battling before becoming a trainer, so the fact that Ash, May, and Dawn were clueless first starting off made no sense to me. I mean of course I didn't expect them to know everything, and in May's case she wasn't even interested in Pokemon when she first started out, but seeing hoe excited Ash was you'd think he'd g to Trainer's School to learn the basics before heading off on his journey. Also I know that games no not equal the anime, but the fact that in the games you have preschoolers who battle you and yet Max couldn't capture a pokemon himself baffled me.
    matt0044 likes this.


    ~Claimer of Pansage in the Claim a Pokemon thread~
    ~Claimer of Cilan in the Claim a Character thread~

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: Headscratching moments

    I wonder why Team Rocket and other villains teams respect the party limit of 6 Pokémon to begin with. They're supposed to be the bad guys and they never respected other rules, so why do they bother leaving their Pokémon at the headquarters?
    During the Orange Islands arc Charizard's tail flame almost gets doused by a Poliwrath and it is treated as a big deal, but during his departure episode in Johto he is thrown into a large body of water and his flame turns out to be okay.
    Also, every time Ash asks for persmission to re-challenge a gym when he loses. It is their job to accept the challenge, he doesn't need to beg for a rematch.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Headscratching moments

    Quote Originally Posted by Magma Bomb View Post
    I wonder why Team Rocket and other villains teams respect the party limit of 6 Pokémon to begin with. They're supposed to be the bad guys and they never respected other rules, so why do they bother leaving their Pokémon at the headquarters?
    Thinking about it, maybe it's because the TRio would have too many mouths to feed then and wouldn't be able to raise all of them.

    When I think about the made-up language and symbols, they may as well use Japanese since that'd be no different aside from being an actual language. I don't think international fans are going to mind that much. It just make me scratch me head and ask "why?"
    Last edited by matt0044; 13th November 2013 at 02:13 PM.

  6. #6
    I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spying on YOU!
    Posts
    1,369
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Re: Headscratching moments

    Why Ash almost never used Palpitoad.
    Why Cameron is allowed to be a trainer.
    I know all your secrets!

    BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Headscratching moments

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Palpitoad View Post
    Why Cameron is allowed to be a trainer.
    Yeah. Who in their right mind would make the kid who thought the Unova League would be in Johto a Trainer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamashita-aka-Doragon View Post
    Seriously, if I started wondering some little things in this show I would be scratching my head all the time. XD
    True but it can be funny to think about how this or that doesn't seem to add up in hindsight.

  8. #8
    Don
    Don is offline
    Flower Arranging Time Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    The place I'm now in.
    Posts
    1,275
    Blog Entries
    8

    Follow Don on Tumblr

    Default Re: Headscratching moments

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Palpitoad View Post
    Why Ash almost never used Palpitoad.
    Why Cameron is allowed to be a trainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post

    Yeah. Who in their right mind would make the kid who thought the Unova League would be in Johto a Trainer?
    Because he was able to train a well balanced team of Pokémon, he is not weak and he knows how to battle. It's not that hard to figure out and the mistakes Cameron made are things he can easily correct or learn, it does not effect his abilities as a trainer when it comes to Pokémon battles. Asking how somebody can become a trainer is more suited for a character who's opposite the former description; constantly losing, no bond with their Pokémon.

    On the subject of Cameron, here is one that I don't think anybody can figure out: How does Cameron snapping his headband on his forehead give him an idea (a brainwave) and why does it only hurt when he fails to think up one?
    Last edited by Don; 17th November 2013 at 12:01 PM.
    martianmister likes this.

  9. #9
    I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spying on YOU!
    Posts
    1,369
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Re: Headscratching moments

    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post

    Yeah. Who in their right mind would make the kid who thought the Unova League would be in Johto a Trainer?
    Because he was able to train a well balanced team of Pokémon, he is not weak and he knows how to battle. It's not that hard to figure out and the mistakes Cameron made are things he can easily correct or learn, it does not effect his abilities as a trainer when it comes to Pokémon battles. Asking how somebody can become a trainer is more suited for a character who's opposite the former description; constantly losing, no bond with their Pokémon.

    On the subject of Cameron, here is one that I don't think anybody can figure out: How does Cameron snapping his headband on his forehead give him an idea (a brainwave) and why does it only hurt when he fails to think up one?
    If he journeyed to Jotho with seven Unova badges a good team do not help. But I can see your point. He is not completely dumb.
    I know all your secrets!

    BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Headscratching moments

    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post

    Yeah. Who in their right mind would make the kid who thought the Unova League would be in Johto a Trainer?
    Because he was able to train a well balanced team of Pokémon, he is not weak and he knows how to battle. It's not that hard to figure out and the mistakes Cameron made are things he can easily correct or learn, it does not effect his abilities as a trainer when it comes to Pokémon battles. Asking how somebody can become a trainer is more suited for a character who's opposite the former description; constantly losing, no bond with their Pokémon.

    On the subject of Cameron, here is one that I don't think anybody can figure out: How does Cameron snapping his headband on his forehead give him an idea (a brainwave) and why does it only hurt when he fails to think up one?
    I was talking about how he's on a journey and is such a scatterbrain that it's a wonder how he survive on the road and all. He's a good enough Trainer, that's true.

  11. #11
    dot dot smile smudge Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    The Clouds
    Posts
    633
    Blog Entries
    75

    Default Re: Headscratching moments

    The itchiest moment of all:
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest

    team black

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Headscratching moments

    Quote Originally Posted by Skuntank View Post
    The itchiest moment of all:
    To be perfectly honest, I do find that confusing but also incredibly awesome in a Power Ranger-esque way.

  13. #13
    Registered User PockyAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    1,014
    Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Headscratching moments

    Quote Originally Posted by Skuntank View Post
    The itchiest moment of all:
    I hated this moment, it happened only because they could'nt think of a way for him not to lose so this thunder shield (that was never seen before of after this episode) happened. Pure duex ex machina here.

  14. #14
    Who's The Star Now? watts63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    173

    Default Re: Headscratching moments

    The horn. That is all.

  15. #15
    PokéJoker PokémonJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    44
    Follow PokémonJesus On Twitter

    Default Re: Headscratching moments

    When Pokémon in the anime learn super uber moves right away (e.g. Giga impact, flamethrower, hydro pump, etc.)
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

    Ash and his buddies have been entertaining me since 1998
    ALRIGHTY! Until next time...PEACE!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •