Headscratching moments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Headscratching moments

Blog Entries

Default Headscratching moments

This threads about moments in the Anime that don't make you rant so much as make you got "Huh?" when you think about it.

For one: how are Ash, May or Dawn able to be Trainers when they don't seem to have even the bare basis down when they start? You'd think they'd be better educated before being sent into the world yet Dawn forgets to unshrink the Poke Ball and May shows how she hardly knows how Pokemon Evolution works. I fear to think how they'd managed without meeting Ash. If the Professors were remotely smart enough, they'd have them take a test so they know said basics.

I also wonder how the Poke Ball comes back to the Trainer when it's throw. Wouldn't it be more practical to thrust it out forth and let the Pokemon come out?

Anyone else got a headscratching moment to share?

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Headscratching moments

Seriously, if I started wondering some little things in this show I would be scratching my head all the time. XD

I thought the point of Trainer School was for people to learn the basis of Pokemon, capturing, and battling before becoming a trainer, so the fact that Ash, May, and Dawn were clueless first starting off made no sense to me. I mean of course I didn't expect them to know everything, and in May's case she wasn't even interested in Pokemon when she first started out, but seeing hoe excited Ash was you'd think he'd g to Trainer's School to learn the basics before heading off on his journey. Also I know that games no not equal the anime, but the fact that in the games you have preschoolers who battle you and yet Max couldn't capture a pokemon himself baffled me.
    matt0044 likes this.

~Claimer of Pansage in the Claim a Pokemon thread~
    ~Claimer of Cilan in the Claim a Character thread~

I wonder why Team Rocket and other villains teams respect the party limit of 6 Pokémon to begin with. They're supposed to be the bad guys and they never respected other rules, so why do they bother leaving their Pokémon at the headquarters?
    During the Orange Islands arc Charizard's tail flame almost gets doused by a Poliwrath and it is treated as a big deal, but during his departure episode in Johto he is thrown into a large body of water and his flame turns out to be okay.
    Also, every time Ash asks for persmission to re-challenge a gym when he loses. It is their job to accept the challenge, he doesn't need to beg for a rematch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magma Bomb View Post
    I wonder why Team Rocket and other villains teams respect the party limit of 6 Pokémon to begin with. They're supposed to be the bad guys and they never respected other rules, so why do they bother leaving their Pokémon at the headquarters?
    Thinking about it, maybe it's because the TRio would have too many mouths to feed then and wouldn't be able to raise all of them.

When I think about the made-up language and symbols, they may as well use Japanese since that'd be no different aside from being an actual language. I don't think international fans are going to mind that much. It just make me scratch me head and ask "why?"
    Last edited by matt0044; 13th November 2013 at 02:13 PM.

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why Ash almost never used Palpitoad.
    Why Cameron is allowed to be a trainer.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Palpitoad View Post
    Yeah. Who in their right mind would make the kid who thought the Unova League would be in Johto a Trainer?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamashita-aka-Doragon View Post
    Seriously, if I started wondering some little things in this show I would be scratching my head all the time. XD
    True but it can be funny to think about how this or that doesn't seem to add up in hindsight.

Don
    Blog Entries

Follow Don on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Palpitoad View Post
    Why Ash almost never used Palpitoad.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post

Yeah. Who in their right mind would make the kid who thought the Unova League would be in Johto a Trainer?
    Because he was able to train a well balanced team of Pokémon, he is not weak and he knows how to battle. It's not that hard to figure out and the mistakes Cameron made are things he can easily correct or learn, it does not effect his abilities as a trainer when it comes to Pokémon battles. Asking how somebody can become a trainer is more suited for a character who's opposite the former description; constantly losing, no bond with their Pokémon.

On the subject of Cameron, here is one that I don't think anybody can figure out: How does Cameron snapping his headband on his forehead give him an idea (a brainwave) and why does it only hurt when he fails to think up one?
    Last edited by Don; 17th November 2013 at 12:01 PM.
    martianmister likes this.

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post

Because he was able to train a well balanced team of Pokémon, he is not weak and he knows how to battle. It's not that hard to figure out and the mistakes Cameron made are things he can easily correct or learn, it does not effect his abilities as a trainer when it comes to Pokémon battles. Asking how somebody can become a trainer is more suited for a character who's opposite the former description; constantly losing, no bond with their Pokémon.

On the subject of Cameron, here is one that I don't think anybody can figure out: How does Cameron snapping his headband on his forehead give him an idea (a brainwave) and why does it only hurt when he fails to think up one?
    If he journeyed to Jotho with seven Unova badges a good team do not help. But I can see your point. He is not completely dumb.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post

I was talking about how he's on a journey and is such a scatterbrain that it's a wonder how he survive on the road and all. He's a good enough Trainer, that's true.

Blog Entries

The itchiest moment of all:
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest

team black

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skuntank View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I do find that confusing but also incredibly awesome in a Power Ranger-esque way.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Skuntank View Post
    I hated this moment, it happened only because they could'nt think of a way for him not to lose so this thunder shield (that was never seen before of after this episode) happened. Pure duex ex machina here.

The horn. That is all.

Follow PokémonJesus On Twitter

When Pokémon in the anime learn super uber moves right away (e.g. Giga impact, flamethrower, hydro pump, etc.)
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Ash and his buddies have been entertaining me since 1998
    ALRIGHTY! Until next time...PEACE!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast