Got Miltank edited by 4Kids?

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By The Fighting Misty
  • 4 Post By Dogasu

Thread: Got Miltank edited by 4Kids?

Fury will consume you! Olaf-symbiote's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Got Miltank edited by 4Kids?

So, I've recently watched the dubbed version of Got Miltank and thought it was ok, although the use of Milk Drink on Meowth and Cyndaquil was a bit disturbing. Reading the episode's Bulbapedia page, I realized they actually showed Meowth and Cyndaquil drinking straight from Miltank's teats in the Japanese version. I've also seen a few pictures of the original online, and they're really creepy.

I'd like to know if these edits made any difference to the plot at all. I didn't really feel there were any plotholes in the dubbed version myself, but I'm still curious about the dialog in the removed Milk Drink scenes. First, what does Meowth say in the scenes where Miltank begins feeding Cyndaquil and persuades him to have a drink, too? Also, does the dialog in the scene where Ash, Misty, and Brock watch Miltank feed Meowth and Cyndaquil differ from the dub where Brock pretty much only says "Miltank's using Milk Drink to transfer energy to the Pokémon"?
    Dr. Jeremiah Surd from The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest is my all time favorite villain, beating even Ganondorf from the Zelda series!

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Got Miltank edited by 4Kids?

They edited away the udder scene mainly because Meowth sucking on it seemed too suggestive I suppose.

As for the episode itself, it was your standard repetitive Johto filler where nothing really happens. Considering Miltank already debuted in the Whitney Gym episodes, not sure why we needed another filler about Miltank in a saga that went on for 150 goddamn episodes of endless fillers. But it was the tedious Johto saga, so what can you expect?
    SammyW27 likes this.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

We can expect you to remain on-topic instead of turning this into yet another one of your "let's bash Johto" threads. If you're not going to address a single question in the original post then don't bother posting at all.

As for me, I don't have the Japanese version of this episode (I thought I did!), so I unfortunately can't check the dialogue for you, Olaf-symbiote.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

I haven't seen the original version, though from what I know the scene where Cyndaquil and Meowth were drinking from Miltank was edited, only showing them drinking from its udder for not even a full second and its different in the original
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

Blog Entries

I have the opposite problem in that I have the original version and not the dub, but from what I remember cutting those scenes wouldn't hurt the plot at all. They were just saying how good the milk was and it made them feel better or something. As you said, it was just kinda creepy.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I never really knew that before. I guess it does make sense that it would be censored out of Japan due to the fact that there would probably be some sort of negative feedback.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!