Gliscor-in training or at Prof. Oak's?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gliscor-in training or at Prof. Oak's?

Blog Entries

Default Gliscor-in training or at Prof. Oak's?

Bulbagarden's page on Ash's Gliscor says its status is unknown, and that it could be in training or at Prof. Oak's. However, on Serebii, it says the following:
    "During its Gligar stage, Gliscor was a fairly weak Pokémon, not knowing many attacks and thus not being very strong, all due to its age. However, evolving by grabbing a Razor Fang while it was falling, it has gained a lot of strength and confidence. Even after evolving though, it still wishes to battle more and still vies for Ash's approval. With powerful attacks such as Steel Wing and X-Scissor, it is sure to become a vital member of Ash's team. During a battle with the Air Battle Master, it learned Giga Impact but decided to stay for training"
    On Serebii, it's status is "can be called upon", just like Charizard and Squirtle. So, which is it? I'm very confused. O.o

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Default Re: Gliscor-in training or at Prof. Oak's?

Last time Satoshi used it against Shinji and possibly send it to Oak in return for Spectile or Swellow.

Technically, every Sinnoh pokemon's status is unknown for now and unfortunately we can't know their whereabouts till extra information...
    Last edited by martianmister; 30th October 2010 at 01:12 PM.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Don't trust Serebii

he says Koromori used Confusion..

and all the Sinnoh Pokemon are at oaks

they never went to training so they're pretty much confirmed....

Gliscor is unknown as of yet

I'm personally hoping it is at Oak's. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but Gliscor was probably Ash's funniest pokemon, and when it got replaced for Gible, I was livid pissed. But then, when it returned for the Paul match, I went: "Yay!" I hope we see it battle again, especially if reserves are used for the Ishuu League.
    djulienr likes this.

Blog Entries

Just because it says that Gliscor decided to stay for training doesn't mean it has to be with Prof. Oak. It's possible that Gliscor may be back training with McCann and Maya.

Either way, its status will be unknown until its next appearance.

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

Serebii's bio is outdated. Glion was called upon for the league, had seemingly mastered what it was left behind to get trained in, and there was no indication whether or not it went back for more training, or got sent to Okido's lab with the rest of the Pokemon.

So yeah, it's status is completely unknown until we get any more information.
    So.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by #Daisuke# View Post
    Just because it says that Gliscor decided to stay for training doesn't mean it has to be with Prof. Oak.
    Um, how does that make sense with what's being said here?

If it was "Just because Ash owns a Gliscor, doesn't mean it has to be with Professor Oak" then I'd understand but I don't see how "decided to train *with McCann*" has anything to do with "doesn't mean it has to be with Professor Oak."

It sounds like you were making it really obvious that you hate when a Pokemon is a Professor Oak's "ranch" despite the fact I don't see how bad that is for a Pokemon to be there. People say its a boring life, but with so many Pokemon on his ranch, and probably an area that's probably the size of a normal animal "preserve" I don't see how it would be boring. Especially when Ash is "always" catching Pokemon, there's probably more than enough to keep everyone happy.

Edit: As for Gliscor's location, it is unknown, but I'd like it if Gliscor was oaked along with his other Sinnoh Pokemon, since I can't see what else McCann can "teach" it, since it didn't do too badly at all against Paul. Gliscor staying was likely for an entirely different reason than Ash's Charizard. For Charizard it was to get stronger, for Gliscor it was mostly for learning, and so I really doubt Gliscor has anything more to learn.

Blog Entries

Probably went back to that same guy from Vermilion that Ash left it with. It's like Charizard in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorroark View Post
    Probably went back to that same guy from Vermilion that Ash left it with. It's like Charizard in that sense.
    What? Gliscor was never in Vermillion, that was Ambipom. Though I think that Gliscor is most likely back at Oak's it's possible he went back to McCann

Freakin Adorable.

so many post that basically contradict each other he's at mcanns, no he's oaked, no he's at mcanns, no he's oaked.

when really the truest answer is the one bulbapedia gave it's unknown where gliscor is right now. we can hope he'a at which ever place you would like him to be at but that doesn't mean he really is there.

personally i'd like him to be with ash's other pokemon at oaks becuase he seemed like he needed friends to me. and i don;t like the idea of him being with mcann not having even met ash's other pokemon and seperated from the few friends he did make in the sinnoh team.
    djulienr likes this.

Well all we know is Gliscor is in an unknown location, but I'm hoping it is with Oak!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    Serebii's bio is outdated. Glion was called upon for the league, had seemingly mastered what it was left behind to get trained in, and there was no indication whether or not it went back for more training, or got sent to Okido's lab with the rest of the Pokemon.

So yeah, it's status is completely unknown until we get any more information.
    Is Serebii's bio at dub pace instead of Japanese pace, perhaps? I'm not up to date with the anime.

I'm guessing it's...
    ...at the Solaceon Daycare Center, of course. :3

Thanks to Demotei of the SPPf for the perfect sprite~

There's absolutely no way to tell what happened to Gliscor at the moment, but I'd like to think that it was sent to Professor Oak's.

But I never understood why Bulbapedia listed his Sinnoh team as 'Status Unknown'. I mean, it's not like he released them in the journey between the seaport and Pallet Town... but then again, Bulbapedia's mods refuse to accept that Charizard is male, despite the fact it fell in love with Charla, a confirmed female.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is Serebii's bio at dub pace instead of Japanese pace, perhaps? I'm not up to date with the anime.
    In this case it is, yes, but his bios are usually up to date with the original. He just forgot to update this particular one.
    So.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast