The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread - Page 297

Page 297 of 312 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 4679
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

Default Re: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

Well Gible has turned into Scott 2.0 with his hatred for Gliscor.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi View Post
    I don't even understand why he has such bias against Gliscor in the first place. It really doesn't make sense.

Anyway, its too bad Ash's Hoenn team sits out this gen. Maybe next gen they'll get their comebacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I don't even understand why he has such bias against Gliscor in the first place. It really doesn't make sense.

Anyway, its too bad Ash's Hoenn team sits out this gen. Maybe next gen they'll get their comebacks.
    I'm not picking sides here, but to be fair, its not like you've been completely unbias, in fact, both of you seem to be in constant conflict over this sort of thing, especially since the league started, but niether of you are half as bad a Scott was. But I digress.

Aside from Corphish, Glalie and Torkoal, who all made minor cameo's (unless they appear against Darkrai, which I suspect to be a 1 on 1 match) the Hoenn team definitely missed their chance to shine a bit. Swellow and Sceptile didn't even appear.

Still, Donphan can be seen as semi-hoenn...

Credit for the amazingly awesome banner goes to Blazaking EX!!!
    Credit for the equally awesome Avatar goes to 'Kingdra!!!
    My Fanfiction account, reveiws welcome

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spiny View Post
    both of you seem to be in constant conflict over this sort of thing, especially since the league started, but niether of you are half as bad a Scott was.
    Yeah, I wonder about that Scott guy. He's still around I believe. :)

Aside from Corphish, Glalie and Torkoal, who all made minor cameo's (unless they appear against Darkrai, which I suspect to be a 1 on 1 match) the Hoenn team definitely missed their chance to shine a bit. Swellow and Sceptile didn't even appear
    Darkrai match is definitely a 6 on 6, why would it be 1 on 1?

^It was just a theory. The only known pokemon we know are in the match are Darkrai (The only known pokemon used so far by Takuto) and Heracross. It may be a bit OOTQ, but its a theory, which basically means 'fuck it until we see for ourselves'

Blog Entries

There's no way a league would have a 1 on 1 match for the semifinals, that makes absolutely zero sense.

niether of you are half as bad a Scott was.
    LOL
    Gliscor'd is Scott...

And to be more on topic... I really like this League... the Paul battle alone is so awesome! and VS Conway was nice too... hopefully VS Takuto will be as good

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    And to be more on topic... I really like this League... the Paul battle alone is so awesome! and VS Conway was nice too... hopefully VS Takuto will be as good
    Too bad its only 1 episode, what a rushed match.

Forever Lacking Rhythm Konoko Hasano's Avatar

Eh, I don't understand why people let their bias pave the way for them.

I've honestly loved how the league has gone so far. Sure, the Nando fight was a bit rushed, and it was a bummer that Torterra went down in one hit after it healed, but the entire league has been fun.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi View Post
    1- O____O Does that mean Piplup will stalk me now? NOOOOOOOO!!!

2- I fail to see how pointing out that Gliscor not being able to hold his own against a flying pokemon like Ninjask means he should go back to the Air Master hating on the character ? Maybe it's the "hopefully to never be seen again part :D

3- Also let's be honest here. Whether or not I personally dislike Gliscor doesn't change the fact that out of the pokemon used in the Paul match, he's the one Ash trained the least, he's the pokémon that had the least impact on the Ash/Paul rivalry and he's the one that proves the least how skillful Ash is as a trainer since he was trained by another trainer, a master at that... Is it that wrong to say that Gliscor shouldn't have gotten a win (or a tie) over Torterra or Staraptor since both played a bigger part in the Paul rivalry? Is it that wrong to say that it's unfair that Gliscor got twice the amount of screentime that Torterra got in this episode and gets to come back next week given the fact that Torterra's story of having to deal with the loss of speed and being a tank is still unresolved while Gliscor already got closure in its release episode?

I'm not picking sides here, but to be fair, its not like you've been completely unbias, in fact, both of you seem to be in constant conflict over this sort of thing, especially since the league started, but niether of you are half as bad a Scott was. But I digress.
    Yeah... that Scott was bad :D Evil evil Scott. Gliscor'd is nothing like him !!!

You know I really wish the Paul match wouldn't have taken so long because now we have to deal with a really rushed or even incomplete battle where Ash loses.

BRING BACK DEXTER!!!!

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's really weird because considering that Torterra supposedly have high defenses, it's odd that it'd get taken out in a single hit from a Pin Missile attack. Do the writers not like Torterra or what lol?

I'm not particularly bothered by it. It just doesn't make much sense. Torterra should be able to take more attacks that Infernape can, but it yet again gets knocked out in like one or two hits. That's really cool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    It's really weird because considering that Torterra supposedly have high defenses, it's odd that it'd get taken out in a single hit from a Pin Missile attack. Do the writers not like Torterra or what lol?

I'm not particularly bothered by it. It just doesn't make much sense. Torterra should be able to take more attacks that Infernape can, but it yet again gets knocked out in like one or two hits. That's really cool!!!
    That PLUS it had just used Synthesis...

That PLUS it had just used Synthesis...
    I agree, the writyers have really downgraded the Pokemon in this match, if they kept them at their full power this match would have been frickin awesome, but alas, it will only go down as one of the greatest battles, not THE best. That title belongs to Ash vs Drake.
    4 Times.
    92, 06, 09, 11.
    Wembly, Paris, Rome, Wembly.
    Sampdoria, Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester United.
    Johan Cruyff, Frank Rijkaard, Josep Guardiola.

We Conquered Europe

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

I also think buizel got much weaker as series went on loosing more and more battles dispite how powerful he was shown in his first episode.
    PM Me and I'll register your 3DS FC 2707 1776 0987
    I also need a Magmar or Helioptile Friend Safari.