The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread - Page 23

Page 23 of 312 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 4679
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

  1. #331
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

    God forbid Ash is still here 8 years from now.

    Winning one league wouldn't mean they have to get rid of him either.

  2. #332
    Registered User Hellwarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    767

    Default Re: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

    Does anyone else besides me wonder how Barry is going to do in the League? I know a lot of people are saying that Ash is gonna beat him, and that may be what happens, but I'd like to see Barry go out on a high note seeing as how everyone thinks Ash's Sinnoh rivals are leaving.

  3. #333
    Whhhyyyyyyyyyy? Keegman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Your Signature
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Veggietable View Post
    No he won't. Because failure is the only option.
    Dammit, TV Tropes. I don't have time for you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    I'm hoping that the identity of this trainer is more important than which Pokémon they have at their disposal. If it weren't so problematic, though, I'd want them to use Ho-Oh.
    If anyone catches Ho-oh, it's Ash in the very last episode. I'm calling it here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    What reason the writers have to make him win?
    What reason do they have to make him lose? He's the protagonist! Protagonists win.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    Winning one league wouldn't mean they have to get rid of him either.
    Exactly. He wins one league, moves on to the next, and absolutely no one recognizes him despite his numerous high-profile appearances on what must be international television.


    Again.
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

    I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

  4. #334
    I love Ash. Ashfangirl22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,403

    Default Re: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    Does anyone else besides me wonder how Barry is going to do in the League? I know a lot of people are saying that Ash is gonna beat him, and that may be what happens, but I'd like to see Barry go out on a high note seeing as how everyone thinks Ash's Sinnoh rivals are leaving.
    I assume Barry will be in the league.
    He and Paul are Ash big time rivals. Followed by Nando and Conway.
    Besides I'm pretty sure I saw him in the new opeaning facing off against Ash with his other rivals. Ask for Ash winning the league, I guess they don't want it cuz the kiddies would think dreams coming true is possible =O
    Na just kidding, they could always switch and have Ash become a mentor to other kids and still travel. I'd like it that way, see Ash as a teen.
    Don't know if this will ever happen, think its aimed at kids who relate more to kid main characters. So, they keep Ash the same age. Ash and Pikachu have been traveling since the Indigo league, kids every where know them right off the bat on Pokemon. There the faces of Pokemon, kid sees Pokemon they think of Ash and Pikachu. So, why age them? Kids wouldn't be able to relate to them. Seeing them win the league, kids wouldn't be able to relate to them either, kids try and try again to get to there dreams, seeing this show and Ash try and try for his dream would show them not give up. It makes kiddies happy I guess, teens not so much cuz they've seen the same thing over and over. Ash fan girls such as myself don't care what happen, as long as Ash keeps traveling. So there yah go.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

  5. #335
    Easy listening Masurao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,313
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

    I can't see how letting Ash win a league will change anything drastically. Yeah, he wins a league so what? That doesn't make him a master. He can still travel. Just because kids watch this show and relate to Ash doesn't mean they should keep him in an endless cycle of losses in leagues. That's not realistic at all. Which is why, I don't understand people saying "if Ash wins, Pokemon ends". What do you think would honestly be better? 6 years from now Ash is still going through regions and losing in the league, or having Ash win now ( or next region at the latest) and serve as a mentor for another trainer.

    I mean if they can get characters like Dawn to win their goal, they should at least allow a Ash to win a Pokemon League for a change, and still not fulfill his quest of being a "Pokemon Master."

  6. #336
    pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Croatia.
    Posts
    2,685
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    I'm not insane, Misty could still appear, it's a possibility, never say never, the writers will have the last word. And Misty being in the League
    Nah,while i do hope that we get to see her come to league to cheer for Ash her battling in it wont happen.That has no connections with her goal,with something along the lines of Whirl Cup being more appropriate for her.

    However i wouldnt mind seeing her owning everyone in the league,which would pretty much cause people to go crazy turning this place into hell,lol.

    However your last paragraph of sarcastic text about her coming back for 5th generation has chance of happening,though sadly not very high one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    Ash Vs. Paul should be the finals. There's no reason for a brand new rival to come out of nowhere and steal Paul's thunder.
    Im pretty sure Ash will face in finals trainer with unown lgendary pokemon.And even though i would like that Ash finally wins this leagu,its possible that he might get beaten,which will suck considering those are finals.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    Misty + Goldeen, Horsea and Gyrados + Water race + Hurdle dash = my worst nightmare no wait, it really is my worst nightmare.
    I liked all of her pokmon,and you do know that water type can be just as entertaining as any other one?
    They are various,quite diverse being most abdunant.

    I'm like a double agent... they only think I'm with them...
    Dont worry,we all know you dont really like her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    God forbid Ash is still here 8 years from now.
    Whts wrong with Ash staying?To you he might be already "stale" but many older fans still like him,and young kids just started to get knowing him.This show was always about him and his journey to become pokemon master(before someone comes in saying how this is "insert girl here" show too,unlike Ash they are likely bound to leave,aswell still receiving little less focus).Not to mntion if he gets replace,that spells doom for any other older character,having similar scenario to Yugioh GX(hopefully not).

    Personally if Ash were to leave,being replaced with cheap version2 doing basically everything from start,i would end with this show for good.

    Winning one league wouldn't mean they have to get rid of him either.
    Except they wouldnt.When you think about it winning one wont make him pokemon master.

  7. #337
    XY Piplup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,110

    Default Re: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Except I don't see Pokemon ending in another 8 years.
    There's absolutely no reason at all for Ash to randomly stop his journey just because he won two Leagues and barely beat one Champion
    So no, it won't be the end if they do it by my idea... also, there's always a little chance that they'll end Ash's story and start a new one (not that I find it likely, especially not in the neat future)

    Now is as good a time as any to make him win a league, or at least make it to the finals.
    Then I say make it to the final - but lose there

    Quote Originally Posted by JSnake View Post
    I don't quite understand this. I understand that Paul has been hyped up as the rival and Ash's big opponent etc. But assuming Ash makes it to the finals, wouldn't THAT be the most important battle of the DP series?
    Johto League - which battle was more important: Ash VS Gary or Ash VS Harrison?
    Obviously Gary's battle was much more important - why? because it resolved the Ash/Gary rivalry that was going on for about 5 years
    Harrison was just a one shot character... no one really cares

    Actually, wouldn't that be the most important battle of the entire series as a whole?
    If this character is just a one shot who will never appear again, just win the League and disappear... then I seriosuly can't see anything special here
    Ash VS Paul is much more interesting and we followed their rivalry for 4 years
    Nothing will ever top that in the DP series - no matter what they do
    It's the most important battle of this series that was expected since the very beginning

    Quote Originally Posted by JSnake View Post
    What makes a battle important, in my view, is what's on the line and what it means if you win. So yeah, the final battle would be more important. That's what I think anyway.
    If I was in Ash's place, it'd be much more important to me to finally prove my rival that I was right all this time and cause him to change and fix his mistakes - rather than just focus on winning the whole tournament just because I'd like to do it...
    I'm sure Ash would agree with me
    So no, the final battle that is likely to be against the legendary user will NOT be more important than the Paul battle
    Nothing (not even E4 or Cynthia) will be more important than this battle (in the DP series of course, who knows what we'll get in BW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    I agree, as I said..at the rate they're going they I don't believe waiting another 8 years will make Ash win a league like Piplup seems to suggest. This is simply because I don't see Pokemon ending in 8 years, and don't see Ash leaving any time soon.
    I never said that would end the anime or Ash's story... (but it could end Ash's story if they'd like to try a brand new story)

    Let Ash win a league.
    Next gen
    This time top 4

    It doesn't have to end the show, he could go on,
    I agree, it won't end the show or his story

    get older,
    No

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    God forbid Ash is still here 8 years from now
    I'm sure you'll still be here to complain in 8 years from now that you still want Ash to leave and that you'll "stop watching next gen if he stays"
    You'll continue to repeat that every gen... for more than 30 years

  8. #338
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,211
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Next gen
    This time top 4
    Don't you mean runner up. Since again I thought it was confirmed Ash was in the finals.

  9. #339
    XY Piplup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,110

    Default Re: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Don't you mean runner up. Since again I thought it was confirmed Ash was in the finals.
    Yeah, runner up... though even just Top 4 is an improvement
    I believe he'll beat Paul in the semi finals and then lose to the legendary user in the final battle
    EDIT:
    And no, it was not confirmed that he gets to the final battle - just that he'll battle Paul and a trainer with legendaries

  10. #340
    Shooty Refutey Crysta Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    544
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

    I can't say I'm sold on the idea of a Trainer with a Legendary Pokémon showing up in the League. Though I wonder how long it'll take before that Trainer is labeled a Marty Stu/Mary Sue (if that happens).

    Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
    3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
    Me on LiveJournal

  11. #341
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    If I was in Ash's place, it'd be much more important to me to finally prove my rival that I was right all this time and cause him to change and fix his mistakes - rather than just focus on winning the whole tournament just because I'd like to do it...
    I'm sure Ash would agree with me
    So no, the final battle that is likely to be against the legendary user will NOT be more important than the Paul battle
    Nothing (not even E4 or Cynthia) will be more important than this battle (in the DP series of course, who knows what we'll get in BW)
    But that's in your place, not Ash's. I don't mean disrespect, but Ash wanting to win it all holds more importance to him what you stated. Beating Paul just happens to be an obstacle (albeit a VERY important obstacle), but once that happens, does anyone expect Ash to just bow out, going "oh yeah, I proved my method is superior to my rival's, so I'll just bow out of the tournament I've been preparing and trying to qualify for this whole time because it's a secondary goal now?" (I don't mean to put words in your mouth but that's just the vibe I'm getting).
    Besides, Ash's original goal before he met Paul was to compete in the Sinnoh league and attempt to emerge the winner, just like every other league before this. Meeting Paul just tacked on another reason to win the league. It's not like I disagree with your predictions as to what will happen but just because Paul became a more prominent figure to Ash's story doesn't mean that winning the entire tournament in itself diminished in importance to him. If anything, BOTH hold relatively equal importance. One being that it's been a long-term goal for however long it's been in his world since he started his journey, and the other being that it's to prove his beliefs.
    Last edited by Dowsing Machine; 16th April 2010 at 08:50 AM.

  12. #342
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,336

    Default Re: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

    I just want to make this quite clear to the users who claim that it's obvious that Ash was going to lose to someone just because they have legendaries (IE, Piplup.)

    The only time that this would have been obvious is if Ash never won against a single Legendary in his life (ie, Pikachu never beat Regice, and thus Ash just stuck with six symbols instead of acquiring all seven). Seeing how Ash already beat two legendaries with two separate pokemon (Charizard and Pikachu), and also had two pokemon who actually came pretty close to beating the legendaries (Sceptile and Torkoal, the latter of which is going to be in the league, anyhow), We shouldn't jump off the bat and say that he'll lose just because his opponent is going to have legendaries, especially given the whole issue about his beating Regice with Pikachu with absolutely no help whatsoever. Even IF Charizard isn't in the league, Pikachu is, so unless Pikachu isn't battling in that particular match, we shouldn't claim he will lose.

    What I'm trying to say is that we should wait until the episodes actually air or at least get more information about the episode before we conclude anything rather than arrogantly deciding Ash will lose or win.

  13. #343
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    276

    Default Re: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

    As stated earlier, Ash, Brock, Pikachu, Jessie, James and Meowth are more than likely going to stay and we'll see a new female protagonist as seen in the CoroCoro scans.

  14. #344
    Hero in a Half Shell Duckgon Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Detroitish
    Posts
    1,968
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

    I don't think Ash will win because the guy uses a Legendary. It'll come down to Pikachu vs that Legendary for the final 2 Pokemon and it'll probably barely defeat Pikachu. It'll be close, but I think that guy would be just a little bit better than Ash, only a little though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

  15. #345
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,211
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedle Mchairybug View Post
    We shouldn't claim he will lose.
    Is that really the issue here. We know Ash loses (the league) because there's no obvious elite four arc at all.

    So fine if you would much prefer Ash to lose to a Magikarp trainer, then so be it.

    Meanwhile some of us would like Ash's loss to be acceptable, and what better way then to lose to a trainer who has captured and trained a legendary Pokemon?

    The way you make it sound is if this is some moronic moron trainer who just so happened to stumble upon a master ball, captured a legendary Pokemon and for whatever plot related reason the Pokemon decided its just better to listen to the trainer.

    So yes let's ignore the strength of the trainer who's commanding said legendary Pokemon.

    Look at Brandon for example, yes sure Pikachu beat it, but it was Brandon's newest addition. Now let's go later to Paul battling him and losing horribly losing six Pokemon easily to three legendary Pokemon.

    So yeah.. So what if Ash's Pokemon can beat this legendary Pokemon. You really just going to ignore what kind of trainer it could be.

    One Pokemon down , whoop-de-fricken-do, he or she has 5 other Pokemon who are likely just as strong as the legendary Pokemon.

    Edit: The only reason to think Ash would beat this trainer is if it's before Ash's battle with Paul.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •