Gen VI and the dub - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 82

Thread: Gen VI and the dub

  1. #31

    Default Re: Gen VI and the dub

    okay the only reason there was a gap in the first place was because the was a gap in the games. We don't know how long episode n is. So lets say it finishes in in June or July. We are only 14 eps behind if it stays at this rate x/y will air worldwide around the same time or at least the us and japan. If there releasing the games simultaneously out of respect for the fans why not do the same for the anime.

  2. #32
    Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,759

    Default Re: Gen VI and the dub

    Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    okay the only reason there was a gap in the first place was because the was a gap in the games. We don't know how long episode n is. So lets say it finishes in in June or July. We are only 14 eps behind if it stays at this rate x/y will air worldwide around the same time or at least the us and japan. If there releasing the games simultaneously out of respect for the fans why not do the same for the anime.
    I seriously doubt that Episode N is going to be over in June or July. That would mean that the show would be on hiatus for around three or four months in Japan, which really isn't going to happen. I imagine that Episode N will last until a week or two before the games come out at best, so depending on when the games come out exactly in October, it won't be over until late September at the earliest. As for why they can't also simultaneously release the anime at the same time, it's most likely because there's more work to be done for dubbing than translating text. Providing English versions of the games is difficult too, but providing a dub the same week the Japanese version of the same episode airs would require a lot of work that I don't think that they could do. If most other companies struggle to get subbed versions up on the same day, I doubt that TPCI can handle doing that with the dub.

  3. #33

    Default Re: Gen VI and the dub

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    okay the only reason there was a gap in the first place was because the was a gap in the games. We don't know how long episode n is. So lets say it finishes in in June or July. We are only 14 eps behind if it stays at this rate x/y will air worldwide around the same time or at least the us and japan. If there releasing the games simultaneously out of respect for the fans why not do the same for the anime.
    I seriously doubt that Episode N is going to be over in June or July. That would mean that the show would be on hiatus for around three or four months in Japan, which really isn't going to happen. I imagine that Episode N will last until a week or two before the games come out at best, so depending on when the games come out exactly in October, it won't be over until late September at the earliest. As for why they can't also simultaneously release the anime at the same time, it's most likely because there's more work to be done for dubbing than translating text. Providing English versions of the games is difficult too, but providing a dub the same week the Japanese version of the same episode airs would require a lot of work that I don't think that they could do. If most other companies struggle to get subbed versions up on the same day, I doubt that TPCI can handle doing that with the dub.
    I get your point I really do. But consider mine as well. There is no reason to drag out episode n for 8 months. We have no idea how many episodes and how long in advance us receives the episodes in. why would they release the games the same year let alone the same month and not the anime. its like them saying here you go have the games the same month but your screwed on the anime

  4. #34

    Default Re: Gen VI and the dub

    America is not the center of the world. They are not putting it on hiatus in Japan just so one country can air it at the same time for no real reason. Most countries are months and months behind, so Americans will just have to get used to that too.

  5. #35
    Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,759

    Default Re: Gen VI and the dub

    Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    I get your point I really do. But consider mine as well. There is no reason to drag out episode n for 8 months. We have no idea how many episodes and how long in advance us receives the episodes in. why would they release the games the same year let alone the same month and not the anime. its like them saying here you go have the games the same month but your screwed on the anime
    I understand what you're saying as well and I appreciate that you understand what I'm saying too. The thing is that I don't see why they wouldn't keep Episode N going on until the next series was ready to go. Even with the sixth generation games being announced and all of the promotion they'll get in the coming months, they aren't going to disregard the next arc in BW and put the series on hold for three to four months, especially when they have made a big deal about N and Team Plasma appearing in the anime. I don't see what that would accomplish. If the opening for Rival Destinies is any indication, I think that TPCI could get the episodes before they air in Japan, but given how much time, money and energy it takes to dub a single episode, even if they do get the episodes that far ahead, I don't think that those episodes would be ready sooner. Plus, shortening the gap has more to do with how many episodes the channel that airs the series, in this case Cartoon Network, airs. Since I don't think that Cartoon Network has aired new episodes of Pokemon outside of its Saturday morning slot since the Tag Battle arc in DP, I doubt that they'll air more episodes beyond its weekly premieres anyway.

    Personally, I don't really mind not getting the anime the same time we get the games. It would be nice and all, but I just don't think that it's possible to provide a dub for the episode that just aired in Japan a week before. I imagine that translating the text in the games and the process of dubbing a series are two very different and difficult processes. Besides that, the gap we have now is pretty small in itself and if they don't take any breaks for a long time, then it's just going to get shorter, although probably not extremely small, so we wouldn't have to wait that long to watch the new series dubbed. It would probably out in December or January at the latest and I don't think it would be that bad. Maybe it helps that I can easily see them providing the first few episodes as a sneak peek to tie into the games like what happened with R/S instead of Episode N being short or skipped altogether. There will just be a gap and we'd have to wait longer to see the series dubbed, which I'm okay with, especially when I would rather play the games this year as opposed to waiting until next year to do so just so that the new series could start around the time of their release.

  6. #36
    Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,176
    Blog Entries
    230

    Default Re: Gen VI and the dub

    What if they were going to take the hiatus anyways?
    Nyanners is love. Nyanners is life.

  7. #37

    Default Re: Gen VI and the dub

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    I get your point I really do. But consider mine as well. There is no reason to drag out episode n for 8 months. We have no idea how many episodes and how long in advance us receives the episodes in. why would they release the games the same year let alone the same month and not the anime. its like them saying here you go have the games the same month but your screwed on the anime
    I understand what you're saying as well and I appreciate that you understand what I'm saying too. The thing is that I don't see why they wouldn't keep Episode N going on until the next series was ready to go. Even with the sixth generation games being announced and all of the promotion they'll get in the coming months, they aren't going to disregard the next arc in BW and put the series on hold for three to four months, especially when they have made a big deal about N and Team Plasma appearing in the anime. I don't see what that would accomplish. If the opening for Rival Destinies is any indication, I think that TPCI could get the episodes before they air in Japan, but given how much time, money and energy it takes to dub a single episode, even if they do get the episodes that far ahead, I don't think that those episodes would be ready sooner. Plus, shortening the gap has more to do with how many episodes the channel that airs the series, in this case Cartoon Network, airs. Since I don't think that Cartoon Network has aired new episodes of Pokemon outside of its Saturday morning slot since the Tag Battle arc in DP, I doubt that they'll air more episodes beyond its weekly premieres anyway.

    Personally, I don't really mind not getting the anime the same time we get the games. It would be nice and all, but I just don't think that it's possible to provide a dub for the episode that just aired in Japan a week before. I imagine that translating the text in the games and the process of dubbing a series are two very different and difficult processes. Besides that, the gap we have now is pretty small in itself and if they don't take any breaks for a long time, then it's just going to get shorter, although probably not extremely small, so we wouldn't have to wait that long to watch the new series dubbed. It would probably out in December or January at the latest and I don't think it would be that bad. Maybe it helps that I can easily see them providing the first few episodes as a sneak peek to tie into the games like what happened with R/S instead of Episode N being short or skipped altogether. There will just be a gap and we'd have to wait longer to see the series dubbed, which I'm okay with, especially when I would rather play the games this year as opposed to waiting until next year to do so just so that the new series could start around the time of their release.
    call it wishful thinking. i am very impatient when it comes to pokemon and i hate watching the Japanese episodes because by the time it comes out in the us i wont care to watch it not to mention i like knowing whats going on with out having to figure it out by my self

  8. #38
    Collects stuff Thingamajig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    655
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Gen VI and the dub

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    What if they were going to take the hiatus anyways?
    This is a show that (apart from when *that* incident occured) has consistently aired about 45-48 episodes a year for almost 16 years now. Unless N starts giving kids seizures I doubt there'll be a hiatus in the foreseeable future.

  9. #39
    Away from Collective AtoMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gdansk, Poland
    Posts
    626

    Default Re: Gen VI and the dub

    Dub won't skip Episode of N, don't count on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    TBH, the dub is recorded when the episodes hasn't aired in Japan.
    Exactly this. Not only DuArt has the episodes available before the Japanese airing, SDI Media Poland arranges worldwide audio mixing for all languages for roughly the same time, and the episodes are being translated as soon as english script is done, sometimes even before the English dub is recorded. It should be also mentioned that apparently (if RTL2's numbering is correct) the new dub season starts in Germany a day after it does in US...

    I keep thinking DuArt is the weakest link here and with SDI redoing visual edits (TBC, titlecards) they could be dropped sometime soon or just used as a recording facility.

    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    America is not the center of the world. They are not putting it on hiatus in Japan just so one country can air it at the same time for no real reason. Most countries are months and months behind, so Americans will just have to get used to that too.
    They are producing the "base version" for all other dubs, though, so yes - it all depends on US branch, although they won't affect JP airing.

  10. #40

    Default Re: Gen VI and the dub

    I know it all depends on the US branch, but every TV station all over the world airing the show the same week just isn't feasible.

  11. #41
    Registered User PockyAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    1,051
    Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Gen VI and the dub

    I actually just think that the dub will continue dubbing season 16 in the current speed that it's being dubbed and the US will probably see season 17 a couple months after the Japanese debut of the gen 6 anime. Although with non US countries that are many episodes behind, they will probably air as planned.

    I just don't think that they will skip some things or that they will do anything special when it comes to the dub of the anime.

  12. #42

    Default Re: Gen VI and the dub

    if they pull another r/s on us i will be very pissed off.

  13. #43

    Default Re: Gen VI and the dub

    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    With the Gen VI games set for a simultaneous release, does anyone think it would be possible for the anime to get the delay between the original and the dub down anywhere near that close? We've already seen it get much shorter than in previous generations, how close does everyone think they could get, or won't it matter?
    I don't think it's really possible, sad to say. It can get shorter like you said (remember the BF dub on CN was insanely fast-paced in terms of being dubbed quickly), but I don't think it'll matter.

  14. #44
    Only 70 new Pokemon? Hoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,133
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Gen VI and the dub

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    With the Gen VI games set for a simultaneous release, does anyone think it would be possible for the anime to get the delay between the original and the dub down anywhere near that close? We've already seen it get much shorter than in previous generations, how close does everyone think they could get, or won't it matter?
    I don't think it's really possible, sad to say. It can get shorter like you said (remember the BF dub on CN was insanely fast-paced in terms of being dubbed quickly), but I don't think it'll matter.
    It was also infamous for being the worst dub.

  15. #45
    Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,759

    Default Re: Gen VI and the dub

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku View Post
    I don't think it's really possible, sad to say. It can get shorter like you said (remember the BF dub on CN was insanely fast-paced in terms of being dubbed quickly), but I don't think it'll matter.
    I think that was because the gap was much larger back when Battle Frontier was airing on Cartoon Network since TPCI had just stared their dub. With Pokemon premieres moving to Cartoon Network, they made a bigger deal about it with weeknight premieres for a good portion of the season and I think part of the first DP season. I don't think that they could weekday premieres now, or at least they're not nearly as interested in doing something like that now, so aside from maybe a sneak peek shortly after the games are released, I think that we'll just have to wait a couple of months to see the new series dubbed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •