Gen VI and the dub - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Gen VI and the dub

Blog Entries

Default Re: Gen VI and the dub

Maybe they will pull a 5ds and Retcon the end of the Unova league to show Ash heading off to region 6 instead with a few dub only fillers( COUGH DAWN AND BROCK SPECIALS MAYBE?) instead of showing episode N. Then they can release the anime simultaneously for gen 6.

OSHAWHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Thingamajig View Post
    The fact that episodes are dubbed and ready for airing in English-speaking territories within 3 months of their Japanese air date is in of itself a lesser miracle (the season 15 finale aired in the UK 88 days after Japan). If they want something ready for the game launch TPCi will probably have the first two or three episodes of Xciting Yarn dubbed and ready to go as a sneak peek sort of thing a la 4Kids and the first 2 AG episodes. Other than that, well, we'll just have to wait a couple of months.
    Reminds me... I wonder if they'll call it "Xciting something"... "Pokemon- Xciting destinY"(?) *shrugs* Or Pokemon XY.
    Seasons =/= Regions

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Maybe they will pull a 5ds and Retcon the end of the Unova league to show Ash heading off to region 6 instead with a few dub only fillers( COUGH DAWN AND BROCK SPECIALS MAYBE?) instead of showing episode N. Then they can release the anime simultaneously for gen 6.
    I seriously hope that they won't do something like what happened with the dub for 5D's. It isn't going to take the dub that long to get to the end of the Unova League and there will be quite a few months before the next series airs in Japan. Plus, even though I don't have the highest expectations for the arc, I do want to see episode N dubbed and it would be really terrible if they skipped that. Not to mention delaying the other series for months with fillers would be annoying. Besides that, I'm pretty sure that they can't release the dun simultaneously for the next generation. It's difficult enough for other companies to simultaneously release the subs for different shows, so I can't see how they could do that for the dub. The dub will just start a couple of months after the games are released, which I don't think is that bad all things considered.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Would it be possible for the dub networks to do a couple marathons of all new episodes to help catch up? (like the Unova League or parts of Episode N) They could hype those at the same time.

Blog Entries

It's a matter of dubbing everything, not airing them. The dub is cheap and rushed enough as it is. I'd hate to see what it'd be like if they raced to to dub everything before October.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They will probably air the X and Y series next January. The games come out in October so I expect a two month delay.

Okay first I'll say this. I am not an expert on how anime is done. with that said. 1 If there going to release the games simultaneously then they'd have to for the anime. I see no reason why they can't or shouldn't. the anime is made to promote the games it would be stupid of them not to do the same thing for the anime. 2 For all we know they could have already dubbed episode n and already started on x/y

red/blue release September 30, 1998/ anime air date September 8, 1998

gold/silver release September 4, 2000/ anime October 14, 2000

r/s is the only exception to the point im trying to make

d/ p release April 22, 2007/ anime April 20, 2007

b/w release March 6, 2011/ anime February 12, 2011

So I think you get the point.

edit:another example

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 release October 7, 2012/ anime counter part October 27, 2012

OSHAWHAT?

For all we know, 6th gen Pokemon could appear in the last several episodes of Episode N. (Where they'd come from? Not sure...)
    Seasons =/= Regions

Here's a thought, what if they American and Japanese teams worked together on the show, producing both versions together for international sychronicity?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgil View Post
    Here's a thought, what if they American and Japanese teams worked together on the show, producing both versions together for international sychronicity?

good point you never know

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morgil View Post
    The japanese team would have to work together with not just the american dubbing team, but the teams for every other country that wanted to air the episodes simultaneously. I don't think that's really be feasible.
    PockyAddict likes this.

PDL

Honestly, I don't see it happening for the anime, unless they cut the episode N saga short for the Japanese version so there's leeway for the other dubs to catch up, but I don't see that happening either.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    Honestly, I don't see it happening for the anime, unless they cut the episode N saga short for the Japanese version so there's leeway for the other dubs to catch up, but I don't see that happening either.
    We don't even know how long episode n will last

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

Yeah I'm wondering how to. Ever since TPCi took over, they have their dub coincide to the games as soon as possible.
    1. "DP" - Games: April 22, 2007, Anime: April 20, 2007 (2 Days Difference)
    2. "BW" - Games: March 6, 2011, Anime: February 12, 2011 (24 Days Difference)

And if you think about it, since the games are being released worldwide at the same time (Except for South Korea), it wouldn't be a smart for the games to be released long before the show while Adventures in Unova is still airing. So I think Japan will take a small hiatus with the show so TPCi can catch up and have a smaller dubbing gap.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    Yeah I'm wondering how to. Ever since TPCi took over, they have their dub coincide to the games as soon as possible.
    1. "DP" - Games: April 22, 2007, Anime: April 20, 2007 (2 Days Difference)
    2. "BW" - Games: March 6, 2011, Anime: February 12, 2011 (24 Days Difference)

And if you think about it, since the games are being released worldwide at the same time (Except for South Korea), it wouldn't be a smart for the games to be released long before the show while Adventures in Unova is still airing. So I think Japan will take a small hiatus with the show so TPCi can catch up and have a smaller dubbing gap.
    I don't know if Japan would want to take a small hiatus so that TPCI can dub more episodes. There is also the issue that more episodes would need to air than one a week in order for the gap to be shorten and taking the series off the air in Japan for a few weeks wouldn't really be the best choice either. Plus, the gap is already pretty small all things considered and I can't see them making the gap even smaller than it is already. I don't think that the games being released while Adventures in Unova is still airing would have a negative effect on the games. I still think that the only choice they could do would be to dub the first couple of episodes of the next series as a sneak peek shortly after the games are released in order to promote them and then premiere the series proper in a couple of months.
    Rex Kamex likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast