Future of Georgia and Cabernet?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Future of Georgia and Cabernet?

Default Future of Georgia and Cabernet?

This has been something that has bugged me ever since Dawn's departure in BW093 - maybe you guys picked up on it, too.

At the end of the episode, the narrator states something along the lines of the gang's rivals' stories being wrapped up. Since this was right after the junior cup which gave Burgundy and Georgia a fair amount of air time (and didn't have Kenyan, Bianca, etc) we're probably to assume it's referring to those two and Dawn. Does this mean Georgia and Cabernet won't be getting any more attention after the Isshu League arc? Will you miss them if they don't?

Personally, I enjoyed the two's chemistry and found their commentary/sideshow pretty amusing during the junior cup:
    tumblr_meedbd3w6v1rl579wo5_250.pngtumblr_mef1o5rr6x1rl579wo3_1280.png
    tumblr_mef1o5rr6x1rl579wo2_1280.pngtumblr_meedbd3w6v1rl579wo2_1280.png
    Last edited by Joshpho; 5th December 2012 at 02:30 AM.

let's go on an adventure, friend!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Future of Georgia and Cabernet?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshpho View Post
    At the end of the episode, the narrator states something along the lines of the gang's rivals' stories being wrapped up.
    This did foreshadow Trip's minimal role in the Unova League.

Eeeeeeh I don't know, the JWC didn't really feel like it wrapped up either Burgundy or Georgia's respective rivalries, especially Burgundy who lost to Trip in like 5 seconds. Id be disappointed if it was the end of them in the series, since both were interesting and had really good interactions with the other characters. I found them a lot more entertaining than both Trip and Stephan, and am hoping that the Unova league will be the last we see of either of them.

Id like to see Burgundy again. Id like to see her improve a bit. And id like to see Georgia get one up on Iris
    martianmister likes this.

This Space For Rent DynoStretch's Avatar

If that is what the writers call 'wrapping up', I'd hate to see what Christmas mornings are like for their kids.

Many of the rivalries in this region were heavily wasted, which is a shame because rivals like Langley, Bianca, Stephan and Burgundy were all awesome. And yet the writers feel the need to just shove them aside to force new unneeded ones like Kotatsu and Virgil in our faces.

I hope at the very least we see them return one more time before Ash goes back to Kanto. Maybe in some kind of full package sendoff of all the Unova characters as Ash goes back to Kanto. (except for Trip, he'll have taken his Kanto-xenophobia and wandered into the Plothole Realm where the GS Ball, Primeape, Pidgeot and Ash's dad are, never to be seen again)
    The White Supremacy Alliance

- Shogun - Watt - Dharuma - Ectoplasm - Ragnorok - Balrog -

Blog Entries

I'm not up on what's been going on in the latest Japanese eps. (In America, we're still on the Junior Cup.) Are Burgundy and Georgia still acting like brats? It wouldn't be a good idea to end their character arcs without teaching them some humility. Even Gary Motherf**king Oak learned to respect Ash by the end of Johto. Hell, even Paul learned to be less of a jerk.

Actually, I came up with what I think is a good way for Georgia to learn humility and truly grow stronger as a result (and by "came up with," I mean I borrowed the concept from elsewhere), but I doubt TPTB could pull it off. Not sure if it's relevant to this thread, though...
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Moe
    Blog Entries

I can't think of any reason why they won't stick around for the remainder of the region - unlike Ash's rivals whose rivalries will peak at the League and almost all conclude there, Bianca the hopeful exception, Georgia and Burgundy have no reason not to keep going - Georgia is especially relevant considering Iris' next steps will be around her becoming a Gym leader of a Dragon-type gym, while Cilan's ongoing lack of development means that nothing has happened to write Burgundy out either.

I doubt the narrator would have said 'wrapping up' in the sense that we'd assume it to be - the Junior Cup had 'wrapped up' and thus there were farewells and meetings (per the episode title). Trip was along those mentioned at the end of that episode as being farewelled, but he still got the episode at the league, and while Dawn won't appear again in BW, she was badly handled across that whole arc, so to worry about the wording of her departure is probably a bit too late.

Kotetsu was mentioned as the flipside of the 'farewells and meetings' of that episode, but I don't think we'll see much of him after the league, so I doubt you can draw conclusions about the future of Burgundy and Georgia from that episode.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

With the N saga coming up its quite possibly they're writing out all the Unova rivals.

After the league, its safe to say Trip, Bianca and Stephen's stories are more or less wrapped up. Kotetsu and Virgil, like the other league rivals, will also likely disappear afterward. As for Iris and Cilan's rivals, while I'd like them to continue, it is quite possible they're being dropped as well. They've turned out to be little more than punching bags for the main characters and obviously aren't intended to get any development.

Basically looks like a clean slate to me, all the rivals are probably being axed and I'll be surprised if any of them continue into the N arc.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

I hope not either. -_- I mean Burgundy and Georgia were pretty interesting and i hate to see both of them get shafted.
    Robo-Floatzel and Joshpho like this.

Blog Entries

If they can throw trip out like yesterday's garbage then tbey can throw these 2 out just as easily.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    They've turned out to be little more than punching bags for the main characters and obviously aren't intended to get any development.

Basically looks like a clean slate to me, all the rivals are probably being axed and I'll be surprised if any of them continue into the N arc.
    Hold on, just because Burgundy is a punching bag doesn't make Georgia one. Georgia smashed Axew, tied against Excadrill, beat Grace's Druddigon(OMG SHE BUSTED A DRAGON, HER GOAL!!1111), lost to Ash due to him getting lucky, and there's no way Bisharp was going to beat an Emboar. Of course Georgia's Beartic got spanked by Dragonite, due to overpowered plot-armor and the writers establishing Dragonite's problems. Pokemon power fluctuates a lot, there's no way Dragonite will ever be that overpowered again. I mean just look at how Krokorok survived all those Flamethrowers and Ice Beams, probably has a crappy Sp.Attack nature like Adamant.

You can't say Georgia hasn't developed either because she's more supportive of Iris and has become more of a frenemy after the whole Vannilluxe thing and she keeps pushing Iris to become a Dragon Master and catch more Dragons because she knows to be the best she has to beat the best and by being in a rivalry with a person aspiring to train one of the most strongest species of Pokemon ever she can become stronger since she wants to prove Dragons aren't super amazing and can be slayed by her Dragon Busters. Plus, we still have to learn how she got smashed when she visited the Dragon Village. Georgia only started acknowledging Iris as a rival after the Club Battle Tournament, that win against Axew, whom was pretty much straight up eaten alive by Beartic most likely meant nothing since she says she wants to Bust big strong Dragons.

Burgundy and Georgia are definitely continuing forward to the N Saga, I have zero doubt about that. Trip I can see not appearing, Bianca could become Juniper's assistant of course. Kotetsu I can see appearing again, Virgil I don't think so and Stephan's future is shaky. I'm perfectly fine with Trip and Bianca being dumped though since I don't really care for either of them too much anymore and N can be Ash's "rival".
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 5th December 2012 at 10:37 AM.
    Joshpho likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    If they can throw trip out like yesterday's garbage then tbey can throw these 2 out just as easily.
    I'm willing to bet all the Unova rivals are being written out after the league. All their stories are done.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

I hope they come back. They certainly deserve better than to leave after those bullshit "battles" in the JWC >

And heck, why not let them pop up in Episode N? Surely there will be some time & room for an appearance or two. Just look at all the folks who popped up to help against Team Galactic & Hunter J.
    At the very least they should be able to join in during a filler/emi-filler for fun.

Blog Entries

I bet they'll pop up before the end of Gen 5 to wrap up their stories before Dent and Iris are written out.
    Owain likes this.

Blog Entries

I can't think of a satisfactory way to end either Burgundy or Georgia's stories without finally giving them a win vs Iris and Cilan and we all know that aint never happening. Only Ash/Coordinator girl is ever allowed to be at a disadvantage vs their rivals.

Cilan started out all perfect and sparkling with only a vague fear of Purrloins and has suceeded in beating pretty much everything short of Trip's serperior easily. I doubt burgundy could win if she used a moltres vs his Pansage.

As for Iris, the writers just hate making the future champion look weak, if Dragonite is not enough, the writers will think of a way to make her even more ridiculously OP than she already is.

Me, if they don't return:

"Yay, those two disturbances won't be screaming in my ear anymore. Good riddance"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast