Funny or ridiculous Pokemon battles in the anime

Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Paulisthebest
  • 3 Post By Pokémon Master Ash
  • 1 Post By Paulisthebest
  • 1 Post By Charbok
  • 2 Post By WatcherMark
  • 4 Post By Luigifan141
  • 1 Post By Sakuraa

Thread: Funny or ridiculous Pokemon battles in the anime

  1. #1
    Registered User Paulisthebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Veilstone City
    Posts
    1,090
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Funny or ridiculous Pokemon battles in the anime

    Let's have some fun with this one. Its not a thread to bash battles we thought were stupid like many of the BW battles or the ones in the original series. This is more about battle moments in the anime that made you laugh or go WTF I can't believe that happened (but in a fun way).

    I liked the Corphish vs. Golduck battle in the Hoenn League when Ash was against Katie. After being confused from a Confusion attack, Corphish was acting pretty tipsy and because of that landed Crabhammer on a surprised Golduck but my favorite moment was when it blocked Fury Swipes with a friendly handshake that turned into a Vicegrip that spun it around followed up by a Bubblebeam for the win!

    Then Georgia's Beartic vs. a Joltick in the Don George tournament that was just hilarious that it won just by falling over on it.

    How about Roxanne vs. Ash when a close-range Thunder on Geodude allowed Pikachu to knock it out? Kind of ridiculous not just because it breaks game mechanics but the fact of Roxanne stating the day before to her Pokemon School class that a common misconception is that Electric types are a bad match-up against Rock Pokemon when it fact it is Ground type Pokemon that have the advantage against them. Then the next day in her gym, her Rock/GROUND type gets zapped in one shot for the win, WTF?

    See what I mean here? Hilarious moments in battles that seemed kind of ridiculous but still made you laugh as well. Go on and share a few of the ones you remember xD

  2. #2
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,156
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Funny or ridiculous Pokemon battles in the anime

    Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post
    Let's have some fun with this one. Its not a thread to bash battles we thought were stupid like many of the BW battles or the ones in the original series. This is more about battle moments in the anime that made you laugh or go WTF I can't believe that happened (but in a fun way).

    I liked the Corphish vs. Golduck battle in the Hoenn League when Ash was against Katie. After being confused from a Confusion attack, Corphish was acting pretty tipsy and because of that landed Crabhammer on a surprised Golduck but my favorite moment was when it blocked Fury Swipes with a friendly handshake that turned into a Vicegrip that spun it around followed up by a Bubblebeam for the win!

    Then Georgia's Beartic vs. a Joltick in the Don George tournament that was just hilarious that it won just by falling over on it.

    How about Roxanne vs. Ash when a close-range Thunder on Geodude allowed Pikachu to knock it out? Kind of ridiculous not just because it breaks game mechanics but the fact of Roxanne stating the day before to her Pokemon School class that a common misconception is that Electric types are a bad match-up against Rock Pokemon when it fact it is Ground type Pokemon that have the advantage against them. Then the next day in her gym, her Rock/GROUND type gets zapped in one shot for the win, WTF?

    See what I mean here? Hilarious moments in battles that seemed kind of ridiculous but still made you laugh as well. Go on and share a few of the ones you remember xD
    Metapod vs. Metapod is the one that sticks out the most to me.

    Ash: "Metapod! Use Harden!"
    Samurai: "Metapod! You Use Harden Too!"
    Misty: "You two are more hard-headed than your Metapod(s)!"

    LOL.

  3. #3
    Registered User Paulisthebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Veilstone City
    Posts
    1,090
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Funny or ridiculous Pokemon battles in the anime

    ^Haha, see this is what I'm talking about!!

    Thunder Armor to me was like what in the world is going on here?!?! Because they looked like Super Sonic or Super Shadow from the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise (in a sense the form is a spoof of the Super Saiyan Transformation). They looked alike in terms of being nearly 100% "golden", increased power and speed along with a "time limit" but for Pikachu and Swellow it seemed that once their extra "power" ran out they would go back to normal.

    Another one for me is Gary vs. Giovanni, Nidoking vs. Golem.
    Giovanni; Golem, Tackle attack...
    Gary; Nidoking, fight its Tackle with your Tackle!
    *two Pokemon collide* Golem is out in one hit (one of the weakest moves of Gen I and it wasn't very effective on a Rock/Ground type)

    WTF...

    But for some reason I just LOVED that battle and I'll watch it over and over for multiple reasons;
    We finally got to see Giovanni's face
    We finally got to see some of Gary's Pokemon
    We FINALLY got to see Gary in an actual Pokemon Battle
    First appearance of Mewtwo or as I like to call him with that mechanical armor on "Mecha-Mewtwo" kind of a spoof of Mecha Frieza from DBZ since the two kind of look alike
    Gary already have 10 badges and one more would have made 11, how impressive is that?!?!
    Arcanine is one of my favorites!
    We see a Pokemon besides Blaine's Magmar that knew Fire Blast
    "Cookie, cookie!!" I loved Kingler's dialogue

  4. #4
    Back From The Grave Charbok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    896
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Funny or ridiculous Pokemon battles in the anime

    The battle that stands out the most to me is when Ash and Misty were battling to see who got to keep Totodile, Pikachu vs. Togepi.

    "Pikachu is unwilling to battle!" XD
    And I just loved the "WTF" look Pikachu gave Ash when he asked him to use Thunderbolt XD
    Cilan likes this.

    Look Forward, Team Rocket!

    Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

  5. #5
    Registered User WatcherMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: Funny or ridiculous Pokemon battles in the anime

    Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post
    Metapod vs. Metapod is the one that sticks out the most to me.

    Ash: "Metapod! Use Harden!"
    Samurai: "Metapod! You Use Harden Too!"
    Misty: "You two are more hard-headed than your Metapod(s)!"

    LOL.
    That battle sticks out for me not only for that, but for the fact that Samurai tries to fucking kill Trancell!

  6. #6
    Registered User Paulisthebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Veilstone City
    Posts
    1,090
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Funny or ridiculous Pokemon battles in the anime

    For me Pikachu vs. Flint's Infernape;

    I wouldn't really call it ridiculous it was more of a WTF moment for me because Pikachu takes TREMENDUOS damage from the fire monkey from multiple Close Combats and Flare Blitz but used Volt Tackle numerous times along with being hit head on with Mach and Thunder Punches!

    Here are the ridiculous parts in later battles showing Pikachu getting tired after a few attacks or taking on some but not a lot of damage;
    -Shown to be easily tired out against Alder's Buffolant after using Thunderbolt, Iron Tail and Quick Attack. It did use them 3 in a row but there was a pause between attacks it wasn't like Pikachu just went in all out from the start
    -Being winded against Iris' Excadrill after a short battle before eventually being knocked out with Focus Blast

    More WTF moments
    -Losing to Trip's Snivy and then again to Servine, nuff said...
    -Panpour...grrrrr, if they wanted to make Pikachu look weak then I'd rather it just stay on Ash's shoulder and used Pidove instead :/

  7. #7
    !@#$%^&*()-=_+{}|[]\ Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    The Clouds
    Posts
    659
    Blog Entries
    77

    Default Re: Funny or ridiculous Pokemon battles in the anime

    Pikachu vs. Snivy & Pikachu vs. Serperior.

    Pikachu clearly should have one the first battle, regardless of whether it couldn't use electric attacks. Snivy should have been out with a single quick attack. Serperior losing to Pikachu in the Unova League honestly just looked like such a huge regression from Trip. Although I'm glad Ash beat Trip, I always find it such a joke that Pikachu beat Serperior. Serperior took 0 direct attacks from Pikachu but still ended up losing, while Pikachu took several. I realize Pikachu is, technically speaking, at a 'higher level' than Serperior, but still. :\
    x
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest
    profile pic ~ my poetry
    x

  8. #8
    FALCON PUFF!! Luigifan141's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Glitch City
    Posts
    69

    Default Re: Funny or ridiculous Pokemon battles in the anime

    I liked it when Meowth threw a bucket of water at Brock's Onix in "Who Gets to Keep Togepi?"

  9. #9
    I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spying on YOU!
    Posts
    1,360
    Blog Entries
    48

    Default Re: Funny or ridiculous Pokemon battles in the anime

    Totodile vs Sneasel in Jotho League.
    And Fury Swipes of Love.
    I know all your secrets!

    BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

  10. #10
    Registered User Paulisthebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Veilstone City
    Posts
    1,090
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Funny or ridiculous Pokemon battles in the anime

    Quote Originally Posted by Luigifan141 View Post
    I liked it when Meowth threw a bucket of water at Brock's Onix in "Who Gets to Keep Togepi?"
    *sees two buckets of water*
    Meowth; Onix is weak against water...
    Brock; What do you say Meowth do you surrender?
    Meowth; Meowth never says die, the absolute victory tranquet (I forgot what word he said there...) water attack!!!
    *everyone gasps*
    Meowth; Fury Swipes attack!!!
    *Meowth wins!!*


    How about when Primeape was still a wild Pokemon and Brock thought that he could help by putting his arm around him "Give me a smile buddy!" then Primeape hits him and it looks like he's spanking him before tossing him away haha

    WTF moment from Showdown at the Poke-Corral!! When TRio is trying to break into Oak's lab and climbing from the Rock/Ground portion of the lab and a hand reaches out for Jessie's and its a blushing Geodude xD

    WTF moment #2 Ash's proclaming that "Psybro" is a Pokemon when Shellder clamps on to Psyduck's head in The Evolution Solution that was hilarious!

  11. #11
    Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Konohagakure
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: Funny or ridiculous Pokemon battles in the anime

    All Ash vs. Trip battles, the Elesa battle, and the Ash vs. Cameron battle are the most ridiculous ones I can think of.
    Paulisthebest likes this.

  12. #12
    I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spying on YOU!
    Posts
    1,360
    Blog Entries
    48

    Default Re: Funny or ridiculous Pokemon battles in the anime

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    All Ash vs. Trip battles, the Elesa battle, and the Ash vs. Cameron battle are the most ridiculous ones I can think of.
    Yeah Ash forgets that Emolga can use Flying type moves even when it used Aerial Ace for five minutes ago. I still like that battle. Palpitoad has one of his few appearances there. But it felt like the thing Ash learned in that episode was: I skall only trust Pikachu. At least it felt that way in the Swedish version.
    I know all your secrets!

    BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

  13. #13
    Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Konohagakure
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: Funny or ridiculous Pokemon battles in the anime

    Quote Originally Posted by Palpitoad the White View Post
    Yeah Ash forgets that Emolga can use Flying type moves even when it used Aerial Ace for five minutes ago. I still like that battle. Palpitoad has one of his few appearances there. But it felt like the thing Ash learned in that episode was: I skall only trust Pikachu. At least it felt that way in the Swedish version.
    I know, this was really terrible. It's not just the fact that he forgets the type of a Pokémon's that one of his friends owns; it's also the fact that he brought only 1 Pokémon to battle with. It's like he didn't even think about the possibility of a gym leader having a counter strategy for the type of Pokémon with an advantage over hers. Then he has poor Palpitoad keep battling when he was clearly tired. Then he brings in Snivy just to use attract, thus meaning he didn't even know Palpitoad's gender or he forgot Snivy's.

    The English version of this episode's theme seemed more like Ash needs to have more faith in his Pokémon and work together with them instead of worrying about strategy.

  14. #14
    Registered User Paulisthebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Veilstone City
    Posts
    1,090
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Funny or ridiculous Pokemon battles in the anime

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Palpitoad the White View Post
    Yeah Ash forgets that Emolga can use Flying type moves even when it used Aerial Ace for five minutes ago. I still like that battle. Palpitoad has one of his few appearances there. But it felt like the thing Ash learned in that episode was: I skall only trust Pikachu. At least it felt that way in the Swedish version.
    I know, this was really terrible. It's not just the fact that he forgets the type of a Pokémon's that one of his friends owns; it's also the fact that he brought only 1 Pokémon to battle with. It's like he didn't even think about the possibility of a gym leader having a counter strategy for the type of Pokémon with an advantage over hers. Then he has poor Palpitoad keep battling when he was clearly tired. Then he brings in Snivy just to use attract, thus meaning he didn't even know Palpitoad's gender or he forgot Snivy's.

    The English version of this episode's theme seemed more like Ash needs to have more faith in his Pokémon and work together with them instead of worrying about strategy.
    That kind of ridiculous stuff is what annoys me the most considering that all Ash preached about to Paul the entire DP series that winning a battle without teamwork or connection to your Pokemon is just a win for him and not them as team. Mainly after Paul's STRATEGY against Cynthia was to wait until Giga Impact was used to unleash Torterra for the finishing Giga Drain/Frenzy Planet Combo no matter how many of his Pokemon fell (3 in this case). I remember the night before the 1st round of league battles against Nando he was worrying too much about strategy and counter strategies against Nando's over thinking the whole thing before realizing that working together with his Pokemon is what got them that far in the first place and that is the only "strategy" that he needs.

    So the Nimbasa gym battle would have made "more" sense if this was taken into account because this is something Ash knew full well about in his battling morals. As for only bringing Palpitoad that was a dumbass move, he must of have a flashback to Wattson's gym when he only needed Pikachu to win the match and even this it was hacked by the mecha-Raikou's electricity it absorbed beforehand.

  15. #15
    I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spying on YOU!
    Posts
    1,360
    Blog Entries
    48

    Default Re: Funny or ridiculous Pokemon battles in the anime

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Palpitoad the White View Post
    Yeah Ash forgets that Emolga can use Flying type moves even when it used Aerial Ace for five minutes ago. I still like that battle. Palpitoad has one of his few appearances there. But it felt like the thing Ash learned in that episode was: I skall only trust Pikachu. At least it felt that way in the Swedish version.
    I know, this was really terrible. It's not just the fact that he forgets the type of a Pokémon's that one of his friends owns; it's also the fact that he brought only 1 Pokémon to battle with. It's like he didn't even think about the possibility of a gym leader having a counter strategy for the type of Pokémon with an advantage over hers. Then he has poor Palpitoad keep battling when he was clearly tired. Then he brings in Snivy just to use attract, thus meaning he didn't even know Palpitoad's gender or he forgot Snivy's.

    The English version of this episode's theme seemed more like Ash needs to have more faith in his Pokémon and work together with them instead of worrying about strategy.
    Yeah they said that on swedish too but that was symbolized through Ashs Palpitoad and Snivy failing and Pikachu wins only because Ash tried to use his brain.
    I know all your secrets!

    BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •