Filler percentages, saga by saga - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Filler percentages, saga by saga

Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

My bad about Charmeleon evolving to Charizard... I wasn't paying much attention and thought you were talking about the episode "Charizard Chills", therefore I said that the actual episode ("Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon") didn't matter. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BurritoMan View Post
    Also found in Hoenn you have Where's Armaldo listed. I'm pretty sure (Bulbapedia also says so) that that's the episode where may's bulbasaur learns petal dance.

In battle frontier you have On Olden Pond. Again, I'm pretty sure May's squirtle rapid spin this episode (Bulbapedia also says so)
    That's really minor stuff though.

Does anyone really consider May's Bulbasaur learning Petal Dance or her Squirtle using Rapid spin to make something non-filler?

I doubt anyone cares.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    That's really minor stuff though.

Does anyone really consider May's Bulbasaur learning Petal Dance or her Squirtle using Rapid spin to make something non-filler?

I doubt anyone cares.
    When Pokemon learn moves or new techniques that they use in later battles, that makes it not a filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgon Z View Post
    When Pokemon learn moves or new techniques that they use in later battles, that makes it not a filler.
    Nobody cares that her Squirtle used Rapid Spin to stop TR's mecha in an awful BF filler about a Vaporeon.

Blog Entries

Nobody cares that her Squirtle used Rapid Spin to stop TR's mecha in an awful BF filler about a Vaporeon.
    Did it learn Rapid Spin?

I don't really care why it learned the move or how, all that matters is that it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

It doesn't matter that nobody cares, if a pokemon learns a new move, the episode is automatically non-filler unless that pokemon never uses the attack again

Freakin Adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt3225 View Post
    It doesn't matter that nobody cares, if a pokemon learns a new move, the episode is automatically non-filler unless that pokemon never uses the attack again
    Not really. Oh wow, you see Squirtle use Rapid Spin in a Pokemon Contest. Are you really going to say, "Oh wait, when did her Squirtle first use Rapid spin?"

If people wanted to skip fillers, there's no reason people need to watch some crappy episode just because one new move was learned.

On the same note, oh wow Brock's Sudowoodo used Hammer Arm. How in the world is that remotely important?

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Not really. Oh wow, you see Squirtle use Rapid Spin in a Pokemon Contest. Are you really going to say, "Oh wait, when did her Squirtle first use Rapid spin?"

If people wanted to skip fillers, there's no reason people need to watch some crappy episode just because one new move was learned.
    During some of the battles in the original series, when a Pokemon used a new attack, like say Totodile using Skull Bash in the Whirl Cup or even Charizard using Seismic Toss on Magmar, I did wonder to myself when the heck they learned those moves. Even though some episodes could be considered fillers if a Pokemon didn't learn a new move at the last minute, such as Piplup learning Hydro Pump, they usually provide a reason as to why a new move is learned. I honestly prefer that over new moves appearing by magic/off-screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd
    On the same note, oh wow Brock's Sudowoodo used Hammer Arm. How in the world is that remotely important?
    I think the fact that it used Hammer Arm in the Arceus movie does make it a bit important.

I doubt most people are going to want to watch an entire episode just to see one of May's Pokemon learn a new move.

For Ash, I could see the appeal, but his go on for multiple eps. Snorunt's Icebeam, Gible's Draco meteo, Turtwig's energy ball went on for several episodes.

Misty/Brock's Pokemon learn new attacks? Is this supposed to make a difference?

Even Dawn's contest training eps can be considered filler in a sense.

I live in sunny Southern California, USA.

They need to do less filler episodes and focus more on character and plot development over the course of the Isshu saga. An overarching character and plotline would be an effective tool to allow the writers to do so, with a minimum of filler episodes. I really hope we do not have another 52 episode (a.k.a. ONE YEAR!!!) gap between badges again. That Sinnoh percentage on the first post seemed a little low, especially considering this.
    May the Force Be With You, Always...JediKnightDTV at Bulbapedia Email me here

Most of those eps in that 52 ep gap were not filler.

SOOOOONANSU!!

Did Squirtle and Bulbasaur really *learn* those moves in those episodes, or did they just happen to use those moves for the first time?

I'd say there's a difference between a pokemon actually learning the move, and simply using a move for the first time that they may have already known all along. I mean, look at Pikachu. When did it *learn* thunder bolt? I don't recall them ever pointing it out, just one day Ash commanded it to use thunderbolt instead of thundershock, and it did. There are probably a whole lot of other episodes where a pokemon uses a move we've never seen them use before, but it didn't actually learn it on-screen.
    Jessie and James together forever!!!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!!!! Save me!

Eternal defender of Tracey Sketchit. Brock lovers beware ^_^.

"Like the moon over
    the day, my genius and brawn
    are lost on these fools" - Bowser, Super Mario RPG

It doesn't matter. I'm tempted to say those eps where Dawn practices contest appeals for the whole damn episode are filler, except for the few that Jessie also won a ribbon in.

I can't believe how many DP eps were dedicated just to contest training.

I really want to consider the episode wher Sudowoodo learned Hammer Arm a filler, but then again I don't remember what else happened in that episode to be honest...I know it wasn't all about Brock for sure...it's just that one thing stood out because the writers hardly did ANYTHING for Brock in DP...and to me that seemed like one of the most pointless moves because Brock hardly battled in DP, so what was the point of giving Sudo that move?

They should've left him with using Double-Edge and showcasing Rock Head more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketshipper View Post
    I mean, look at Pikachu. When did it *learn* thunder bolt?
    Episode 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketshipper View Post
    I don't recall them ever pointing it out, just one day Ash commanded it to use thunderbolt instead of thundershock, and it did.
    You should probably pay more attention, then :P
    So.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast