Filler percentages, saga by saga - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Filler percentages, saga by saga

Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

Some eps would have been fillers if the writers didn't stick a last-minute capture or evo at the end of the episode.

The Paras episode introduced Lizardo's disobedience, which was a pretty important plot point. Not filler.
    So.

I'd also say, "The Bicker, the better," wasn't a filler. Aside from the fact that it was quite possibly AG's best episode, it has what I believe Ash/May's first tag battle as well as TR's first tag match in quite some time.

"Date Expectations," wasn't a filler either, as it has May miss the boat to the GF for character development reasons with Max, and Ash remembers Phanpy in the episode foreshadowing its return.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ino-chan View Post
    I'm torn into thing the episode Tanks For The Memories is really a filler or not. Isn't it the episode where Dawn gets rid of her conest depression? My momory may be off a bit though. It could swing either way.
    Um...and you get to see Ash in a maid uniform >_>

Anyhow, excellent list! I think that Johto was a testament for the true fans, and those who survived passed (jk)!

The problem with skipping the fillers is, however, you don't get some of the cultural aspects of the fandom (unless you want to stay far away I don't blame ya XD). Certain lulzy scenes only happened in filler episodes and it's nice to watch at least some of them.

"seasons change, people change"

A large chunk of fillers are much better than so-called, "important" eps.

This is why I say most eps should be watched at least once, because if you skip an ep thinking its pointless, you might be skipping a great filler ep that you would have otherwise not known about.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

I know what you mean. As a kid, I always enjoyed the TR-centric episodes more than anything in the world. I thought gyms were pointless and boring. Hoenn changed a lot of that though, with the introduction of contests and interesting rivals. DP changed it as well by adding more interesting battle sequences (for me, at least).

"seasons change, people change"

SOOOOONANSU!!

I'm torn into thing the episode Tanks For The Memories is really a filler or not. Isn't it the episode where Dawn gets rid of her conest depression? My momory may be off a bit though. It could swing either way.
    that was the episode where it was established she was depressed, but if I recall, it continued on into the next episode too, and that one also had the introduction of Dawn's old childhood friend, which gave us some background on her, so I was thinking that the Swinub episode covered it well enough that the Miltank episode would be a little redundant in regards to the depression thing.

(it also reveals Larvitar's traumatic past as an egg)
    Hmmmm. Maybe I should include it then...

That was actually the episode after her second performance failure... it's exactly when ther depression START
    Also, Brock's Happiny learns Secret Power in this ep, so it can't be a "filler"
    ok, thanks for the info. I totally forgot about that. Not that Brock learning a new move affects much lol (poor Brock..:( )

Hypno's Naptime isn't filler since Misty caught Psyduck in that episode.
    ARG! thanks. Totally forgot about that too.

I think the episode "Odd Pokémon Out" shoudn't be called a filler since Sceptile evolves in that episode.
    Wait, I thought he evolved in "Cutting the Ties that Bind"?? Guess that shows my memory.

The Paras episode introduced Lizardo's disobedience, which was a pretty important plot point. Not filler
    good point.

Yeah, there are many episodes in all the sagas that *would* have been filler if not for one little thing happening in them of signifigance. Seemed like Hoenn had a bunch of them. DP does too, the best examples being that maze episode (Hikari gets the coin toss app, and Shinji appears) the cherubi episode (the twerps get the package with their winter clothes at the end of the episode) and that Snover episode (Rock Climb is learned). Still I'd much rather have episodes like that, than pure fillers. Its nice if *something* develops in every episode, even if most of it is spent on a character/pokemon of the day.
    Jessie and James together forever!!!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!!!! Save me!

Eternal defender of Tracey Sketchit. Brock lovers beware ^_^.

"Like the moon over
    the day, my genius and brawn
    are lost on these fools" - Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Sceptile mastered its moves in Cutting the Ties that bind. So I can see why someone could get confused.

Blog Entries
    Follow Froakie On Twitter Add Froakie on Facebook
    Follow Froakie on Tumblr

How about Trials and Adulations? Unless Mamoswine cooperating counts.

SOOOOONANSU!!

yeah, I wouldn't call that one filler, since its basicly like Dawn's equivalent of "Charizard Chills". She gets Mamoswine to finally start listening more in that episode.
    Jessie and James together forever!!!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!!!! Save me!

Eternal defender of Tracey Sketchit. Brock lovers beware ^_^.

"Like the moon over
    the day, my genius and brawn
    are lost on these fools" - Bowser, Super Mario RPG

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblewrap View Post
    How about Trials and Adulations? Unless Mamoswine cooperating counts.
    In that case, remove Doc Brock! from the list as well because when treating Mamoswine, Dawn flashbacks to Brock when he examines the soil to find perfect berries in treating Pachirisu.

Don't know if anybody already mentioned it, but Brock's Happinny learned Secret Power in "Tanks for the Memories", soo....

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

After looking through that list, I can see that there are fewer fillers in each saga than I thought. Guess even I overestimate fillers.
    Great list Rocketshipper! This is the kind of thread everyone should see.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Some eps would have been fillers if the writers didn't stick a last-minute capture or evo at the end of the episode.
    Or in the middle. Especially when the important event has nothing to do with the main focus of the episode. Such as the case of Jessie and May's Wurmples evolving simultaneously in "A Corphish out of Water!" (an episode about Ash's new Corphish).

Edit: Something I forgot to mention. Since "One Big Happiny Family" made a reference to Jessie's friendship token key chain from "Ignorance is Blissey", I think that officially invalidated that episode from being considered a filler.
    Last edited by Trainer Gabriel; 12th July 2010 at 10:43 PM.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

It's funny how almost all of the ones on that list from Kanto were some of the greatest episodes of the saga.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Γr8Łiʌεя View Post
    It's funny how almost all of the ones on that list from Kanto were some of the greatest episodes of the saga.
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. That moreso than in any other saga, Kanto's filler episodes were better than its plot episodes.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast