Filler percentages, saga by saga - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Filler percentages, saga by saga

Femme Fatale! WOHOO Elite Four Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

The fillers in Johto were mostly on the moral of helping others, its wrong to do wrong and its right to do right and making friendship yet in Sinnoh the fillers are mostly train your Pokemon to learn new techniques and attacks. There are some of episodes in Sinnoh that deal with those help the character situations but it only happens rarely.

Pokemon works better with shorter sagas.

Kanto, Orange and Battle Frontier had the least filler because the sagas themselves were so short.

Its also noticeable how Hoenn had the least filler of all the "three-year" sagas. I'm glad Hoenn didn't get stretched out the way Johto and Sinnoh were.

Good list, maybe this is why Johto was so unpopular

SOOOOONANSU!!

You forgot "A Double Dilemma" from the Hoenn list though and should "Addres Unown" really be there? It's a very important episode for Larvitar's development, but then again, I guess most of Larvitar's arc could be considered filler. Maybe "You're a star, larvitar" should be put there instead.
    A double Dilemma was Gym Leader related, so I felt like it should not be on the filler list. I actually mainly have "Your a Star Larvitar" off the list because that episode had Ash training Larvitar and Cyndaquil. Its been a while since I saw Address Unown, so maybe I'm forgetting its importance though...

I think training episodes shouldn't be considered filler. If anything, the fact that earlier seasons didn't have many training episodes should be a mark against them. The show is about pokemon *trainers* so its nice to see them actually working to make their pokemon stronger, instead of them just randomly becoming stronger off screen.

I count five training episodes TOTAL for DP, and I wouldn't say that they were all focused exclusively on training either. Ash's two (the Gliscor and Buizel ones) also had him battling at the beginnings and ends, for one.

So what episodes not already on the list would you add then Scott? I assume the 5 training episodes, anything else??
    Last edited by Rocketshipper; 12th July 2010 at 10:41 AM.
    Jessie and James together forever!!!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!!!! Save me!

Eternal defender of Tracey Sketchit. Brock lovers beware ^_^.

"Like the moon over
    the day, my genius and brawn
    are lost on these fools" - Bowser, Super Mario RPG

If you ask me, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh were all 100% fillers. The only real saga was the Orange Islands.

Better adjust your list accordingly. My comments are infallible.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Blog Entries

Just rereading the list and some of the most memorable and funny episodes were filles. Where no Togepi has gone before, the Rotom ep, Ghost of Maiden's Peak, Claydoll Big and Tall and Love, Totodile Style come to mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    Just rereading the list and some of the most memorable and funny episodes were filles. Where no Togepi has gone before, the Rotom ep, Ghost of Maiden's Peak, Claydoll Big and Tall and Love, Totodile Style come to mind...
    Don't forget the The Wayward Wobbuffet. But yeah almost every episode that's in my favorites would be classified as filler so I don't mind how much there is since it's so unpredictable that you don't know what filler the writers might come up with.

Blog Entries

I'm torn into thing the episode Tanks For The Memories is really a filler or not. Isn't it the episode where Dawn gets rid of her conest depression? My momory may be off a bit though. It could swing either way.

A double Dilemma was Gym Leader related, so I felt like it should be on there. I actually mainly have "Your a Star Larvitar" off the list because that episode had Ash training Larvitar and Cyndaquil. Its been a while since I saw Address Unown, so maybe I'm forgetting its importance though...
    ...I actually forgot that he trained his pokemon in that episode. Well, maybe "Address Unown"'s importance is subjective too since I've seen people call it a filler despite Larvitar taking a giant step in character development(it also reveals Larvitar's traumatic past as an egg)

And I believe "Tanks for Memories" just showed how close Dawn was to having a break down. She tried to get back into the swing of things but couldn't. It was more of a Brock centric-ep but still filler, even if it's memorable for the maid outfits xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ino-chan View Post
    I'm torn into thing the episode Tanks For The Memories is really a filler or not. Isn't it the episode where Dawn gets rid of her conest depression? My momory may be off a bit though. It could swing either way.
    That was actually the episode after her second performance failure... it's exactly when ther depression START
    Also, Brock's Happiny learns Secret Power in this ep, so it can't be a "filler"

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    That was actually the episode after her second performance failure... it's exactly when ther depression START
    Also, Brock's Happiny learns Secret Power in this ep, so it can't be a "filler"
    Huh. I forgot about that. All I remember is the maid outfits.

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Hypno's Naptime isn't filler since Misty caught Psyduck in that episode.

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

But there was absolutely no build up to it. Psyduck was of no importance to that episode.

I think the episode "Odd Pokémon Out" shoudn't be called a filler since Sceptile evolves in that episode.
    Last edited by Ranger Jack Walker; 12th July 2010 at 04:39 AM.

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    But there was absolutely no build up to it. Psyduck was of no importance to that episode.
    Regardless, it's still a main characters capture, and that Pokemon kind of became a running gag.

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

^Alright then. But Odd Pokémon Out shouldn't be on that list either.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast