Filler percentages, saga by saga - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 186

Thread: Filler percentages, saga by saga

  1. #166
    Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,829
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

    Quote Originally Posted by devil55 View Post
    MrDoomBringer,It wasn't sad,Johto had the best fillers of the show,also Hoenn still had a lot of fillers and you are wrong Sinnoh still had more fillers then Johto put together,the DP series isn't the best and it was never consider to be the best anyways.
    Do you not know what a filler episode is?

  2. #167
    smooth criminal Muku.Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

    Quote Originally Posted by devil55 View Post
    That is your opinion and just because you say that a lot of people here like the Diamond and Pearl series does not mean that it is true at all,because a lot of people don't really feel the same way as you do and you can't stop people from bashing the DP series because people or entitle to their own opinions.

    Trainer Gabriel.I do know what a filler episode is,Sinnoh still had a lot of fillers wether you like it or not.
    ...are you blind? Can you not read? The very first post of this thread shows the numbers very clearly. The DP series has the least number of fillers and you need to look at the percentages because you need to compare the number of fillers out of a whole series. It is not opinion that DP had the least number of fillers - IT IS FACT.

  3. #168
    smooth criminal Muku.Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

    No. It isn't.

    Johto - approximately 79 fillers.

    Sinnoh - approximately 34 fillers.

    Troll harder, why don't you?

  4. #169
    Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where I'm needed
    Posts
    4,579
    Blog Entries
    169

    Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

    You really are a troll aren't you.

    The numbers don't lie. Its as simple as that.

    The johto saga was 50% filler. Depending on what you count as filler, the number may change by 3%-4% but similar.

  5. #170
    Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where I'm needed
    Posts
    4,579
    Blog Entries
    169

    Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

    Did I say all of Johto's fillers sucked? Did I say DP was a perfect saga? Stop putting words in my mouth.

    Say that 1 out of every 4 fillers is an excellent episode worth a lot of praise. When you have so many fillers you are bound to get a few gems out of them. Johto had some great fillers. But for me, the ratio of good fillers to bad fillers for every saga is the same. But since Johto had a lot more fillers, the number of good fillers as well as the number of bad fillers is a lot.

  6. #171
    Seek the sparrow prince Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    10,851
    Blog Entries
    87

    Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

    Quote Originally Posted by Afrojisiac-19 View Post
    It's a measure people use to judge episodes they can skip without missing anything that revolves around the main plot....it's really dumb because people will only use it to prove how one saga is better than another for whatever reason...
    Quote Originally Posted by devil55 View Post
    even if Johto was full of fillers it does not mean that they all suck,it also don't mean that Sinnoh is perfect in anyway.
    Insecurity over filler percentages does amuse me quite frankly. If someone wants to watch a more laidback saga then they'd probably be interested in a saga with a higher filler percentage. It's funny how you guys only look at the negatives.

  7. #172
    smooth criminal Muku.Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

    Quote Originally Posted by devil55 View Post
    Why don't you go troll harder your self you are doing a pretty good job of it,your opinions are not facts,Sinnoh still had more fillers then Johto, mister think he know it all but he don't.
    That's MISS "Thinks she knows it all, and she does", thank you very much :P

    For the record, filler doesn't necessarily = bad. I don't know why you're so vehement on insisting Sinnoh had more fillers when the evidence makes it clear that is not the case.

    Oh wait. I know why. You're a troll. Or an idiot who cannot admit he is wrong. Same difference. Insist Johto is better all you want - just don't rely on bullshit statements like "Sinnoh has more filler".
    Last edited by Muku.Bird; 29th October 2010 at 07:04 AM.

  8. #173
    SOOOOONANSU!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,011

    Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

    I find it amusing now how all this person's posts dissapeared, so now it looks like we're talking to ourselves.
    Jessie and James together forever!!!

    AAML forever!

    Colorado is EVIL!!!! Save me!

    Eternal defender of Tracey Sketchit. Brock lovers beware ^_^.

    "Like the moon over
    the day, my genius and brawn
    are lost on these fools" - Bowser, Super Mario RPG

  9. #174

    Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

    Regardless of the lack of filler, Sinnoh's long gaps between Gyms, especially Eterna-Veilstone and Snowpoint-Sunyshore were pretty ridiculous.

    Do you think they stretched Sinnoh out because they didn't want Dawn to have two contests arcs or Johto to be re-visited?

  10. #175
    Pokemon & CoD Fan #Daisuke#'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In a box
    Posts
    2,511
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketshipper View Post
    I find it amusing now how all this person's posts dissapeared, so now it looks like we're talking to ourselves.
    It is amusing isn't it. I'm just glad I don't have to put up with that kind of BS for a while now. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Regardless of the lack of filler, Sinnoh's long gaps between Gyms, especially Eterna-Veilstone and Snowpoint-Sunyshore were pretty ridiculous.
    Out of the 30-something episodes between the Eterna and Veilstone gym battles, 17-18 are nonfiller by my standards. I don't know about you, but that's a pretty good percentage considering the size of the gap. Plus, there were some pretty good fillers like Luxray Vision and Tanks for the Memories thrown in there, too.

    But the gap between Snowpoint and Sunyshore...

    Yeah. It could've been shortened.

    Do you think they stretched Sinnoh out because they didn't want Dawn to have two contests arcs or Johto to be re-visited?
    I don't see any reason why they wouldn't have wanted to give Dawn an extra arc. I also don't see why they wouldn't have wanted to revisit Johto, but it's possible that the writers didn't feel the need to include another BF or just wanted to span Sinnoh out longer.

    AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

  11. #176
    Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,829
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

    At least the gap between Eterna city and Veilstone city was understandable. It takes several hours to get there in the games - especially if the player does a lot on the way - and has two cities between them. If you try to think of it as going from Eterna to Hearthome to Solaceon and then to Veilstone, well, you can see why it would take some time. If the Hearthome gym challenge occured when the heroes arrived there the first time, then the Veilstone gym would have been the fourth challenge and would have felt like we were farther along. The writers could have shortened the gap between each city, but they were obviously trying to mirror the games by not treating it like a far away city. Then again, there were only around 4-5 episodes between Hearthome to Solaceon, and Solaceon to Veilstone, so one could argue that they did speed it up a bit after passing the "main attraction" city. Then there was the tag battle tournament, which was necessary and did make the long wait seem shorter, for most of us at least.
    The gap between Snowpoint and Sunnyshore, on the other hand, I can partially agree with. There didn't seem to be a reason to stretch that so long other than to stall time for the next generation (which was prsumably the reason), since by that point, another Battle Frontier arc would have been too short to do knowing how close gen 5 already was. But then, a lot happened during that time, including the Grand Festival, so it doesn't matter that much. Though speaking of the Grand Festival, I do wonder why the writers made the decison to have the heroes arrive in Sunnyshore and then come back later after the GF. Why not either collect the badge first, or not go there at all until after the GF? But regardless, there were at least reasons why there were long gaps between gym vicories, and the writers managed to do an excellent job overall of holding our interest until then minus a few uneeded fillers like the Glameow one that recently aired in the U.S. Though it seems I can't speak for everyone...

  12. #177

    Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

    I feel as if DP was derailed when HGSS came out. That's when they had to start focusing on Johto stuff, like Lyra, the Pokeathlon, etc. and some awful fillers like that Mukrrow/Misdreavous ep...ugh.

    Although we did get the awesome evil Togepi filler out of it, so not all the HGSS derailing was bad.

  13. #178

    Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

    I Think 2 Fillers In best wishes so far
    .Sky Arrow Bridge and Gothiruselle!
    .The Scary Story of the Hitomoshi Mansion!
    and i say this will be one The Missing Hotachi! Mijumaru's Biggest Crisis Ever!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I feel as if DP was derailed when HGSS came out. That's when they had to start focusing on Johto stuff, like Lyra, the Pokeathlon, etc. and some awful fillers like that Mukrrow/Misdreavous ep...ugh.

    Although we did get the awesome evil Togepi filler out of it, so not all the HGSS derailing was bad.
    They Wanted
    .Ash To Get All 8 bages
    .Sinnoh Leauge
    .Dawn Winning Her Last Ribbon
    .Zoey Beating Here
    While Also Making HGSS in the anime

  14. #179

    Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

    The thing with BW is that there are some episodes that seem to be filler until the end when usually TR shows up for just a minute, making the whole episode a non-filler. Depending on the person's choice, the % of fillers vary.

  15. #180

    Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    and some awful fillers like that Mukrrow/Misdreavous ep...ugh.
    That one was based around their new, shared evolution item, so it wasn't all THAT Jouto-related.
    So.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •