Filler percentages, saga by saga - Page 11

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Filler percentages, saga by saga

Default Re: Filler percentages, saga by saga

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    A good chunk of DP becomes filler if you don't care about Pokemon learning new moves, training, etc.
    The same could be said for any saga, and they would be even worse considering that DP has the least fillers of them all.

Odd Pokemon Out is not a filler. Grovyle evolves.

Say hello, to the amazing Tsutarja!

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krizor View Post
    The same could be said for any saga, and they would be even worse considering that DP has the least fillers of them all.
    Sure. But it doesn't help matters that one tiny detail in an ep to make something non-filler. Nobody cares that at the end of the Ditto ep in DP, that they see the Grand Festival across the lake during the last 20 seconds of the episode. That does not make something non-filler.

Likewise stupid stuff like the Bibarel ep are filler, nobody gives a crap that the focus band Ash got is seen in the first BW episode. How is that in any way, shape, or form, important?

Sure. But it doesn't help matters that one tiny detail in an ep to make something non-filler. Nobody cares that at the end of the Ditto ep in DP, that they see the Grand Festival across the lake during the last 20 seconds of the episode. That does not make something non-filler.

Likewise stupid stuff like the Bibarel ep are filler, nobody gives a crap that the focus band Ash got is seen in the first BW episode. How is that in any way, shape, or form, important?
    I agree, but I don't think the events you mentioned make those episodes non-filler anyway.

Especially the Focus Band since it didn't effect the story or come into play at all after it was obtained.

Nobody cares
    stupid stuff
    nobody gives a crap
    I feel this way about the whole "filler" term
    A ridiculous term made by fans
    I said that all the time and I'll say it again - there's no such a thing as "filler episode" or "important episode" or any other ridiculous stuff you all post here
    An episode is an episode
    Did you enjoy it? yay! didn't enjoy it? too bad! - this is what matters, if the ep made you happy while watching it, not how "important" it was...
    VS Wake was a Gym Battle but it was such a bad battle... Evil Togepi ep was "filler" but it was an awesome ep

Blog Entries

What is the harm in having a term for an episode that doesn't contribute to one of the main plots of a saga?

Why does it matter? Not to mention the fans can't even agree about their own made term... see this thread, everyone has different views on what's "filler" is... then there's the people who also use it for eps they didn't like or eps they found "boring"...
    So far the only thing I saw coming from the word "filler" is arguing

Blog Entries

So, being able to catergorise episodes by their relevancy to the main plots is a bad thing?
    If someone asks you for a list of all the important episodes, you're pretty much going to list the ones that would be called "non-filler". It's useful for description purposes. If you find that people use the term incorrectly, then you should have an issue with them then the term itself, no?

Also, in so many of the disciplines out there, some terms do not have a 100% agreed definition.

Meh, whatever, I just don't see the point of counting fillers and stuff like that... people misuse the term, I guess that's my main problem with it (like: episode title revealed, we know zero about said ep, 235234 people go "oh another filler!" -_- )
    But whatever... I don't care... it's just ridiculous to me how some people treat this cartoon instead of simply enjoying it

It's a measure people use to judge episodes they can skip without missing anything that revolves around the main plot....it's really dumb because people will only use it to prove how one saga is better than another for whatever reason...

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To prove that Best Wishes has continuity with the rest of the anime (specifically with Diamond and Pearl). For the writers and animators to show homage to the previous series.

There is a different between continuity and filler. The Focus Band at around the start of Best Wishes proves that the events in the episode are continuous with the anime.

However, the storyline of the Bibarel episode in itself does not drastically affect the anime in any way.

Blog Entries

The Pokestylist ep is debateable. On one hand it wasn't a real contest and had no impact on Dawn's story.

But on the other hand they reference it a few times especially in DP191, and it seems like Dawn will also be one of those stylists in the future.

How the hell it didn't impact Dawn's story when the whole reason she left Ash was that?...

Blog Entries

The Pokestylist ep is debateable. On one hand it wasn't a real contest and had no impact on Dawn's story.

But on the other hand they reference it a few times especially in DP191, and it seems like Dawn will also be one of those stylists in the future.
    Didn't Dawn say she was interested in being a Pokestylist without giving up on her journey as a coordinator? I'd say it had impacted Dawn's story slightly.

Plus, Dawn won the competition. Character achievement eps count as non-filler, right?

Quote Originally Posted by devil55 View Post
    MrDoomBringer,It wasn't sad,Johto had the best fillers of the show,also Hoenn still had a lot of fillers and you are wrong Sinnoh still had more fillers then Johto put together,the DP series isn't the best and it was never consider to be the best anyways.
    I'm pretty sure that Sinnoh had the least fillers when put together. -_-

Ampharos King,the Best Wishes series do have a continuity with the anime but not with (the Diamond and Pearl series),the Best wishes series is a new reboot and the writers do not need to pay any homage to the last series,nobody gives a damn about the Diamond and Pearl series and the Best wishes series is a new reboot anyways,the writers only care about the new Best Wishes series not the Diamond and Pearl series which suck so bad,DP series is done and over with since, no one will even care about that series at all.
    You have got to stop bashing the Diamond and Pearl series. There a lot of people on here who like it. I'm pretty sure that some, including me, aren't happy with you constantly belittling it.

Also, you said the same thing like three times, and it's not even on-topic.

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

Blog Entries

It seems Best Wishes first filler is the 8th episode. By contrast DP's first filler was the 20th episode.

However, since BW had its first Gym at only 5 eps in, its excusable.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast