Favorite Ash "Humanitarian" Moment

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By Karamazov
  • 1 Post By Chiplet
  • 3 Post By Lord Clowncrete

Thread: Favorite Ash "Humanitarian" Moment

Blog Entries

Default Favorite Ash "Humanitarian" Moment

Throughout the entire series we've seen Ash put his own well-being aside to help out other people, trainers and Pokemon. Putting his journey on hold for whatever reason it maybe; finding a lost Pokemon, reuniting a parent and child, falling off cliffs and climbing mountains to save Pokemon, heck even helping to save the world on more than one occasion, whatever the case maybe.

What is your favorite act of heroism and selflessness that Ash has done since he left Pallet? I know there are too many to list so pick whichever ones stand out the most to you.

For me it will always be that moment when he stood up to the Spearow to protect Pikachu in episode 1. Here we see another side to the rookie trainer for a Pokemon that didn't even care for him and from then on they became best friends for life.

Another which is probably #2 or tied with my #1 would be in the first movie when he sacrificed himself to stop the fighting between Mewtwo and Mew.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default Re: Favorite Ash "Humanitarian" Moment

When Ash pulled that Venipede out of the pipe it was stuck in. Burgh warned him about the dangers of being poisoned, but Ash saved Venipede anyway. Ash wasn't just acting without thinking, he was making a conscious decision to help another being, even if it meant placing himself in danger, too.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    When Ash pulled that Venipede out of the pipe it was stuck in. Burgh warned him about the dangers of being poisoned, but Ash saved Venipede anyway. Ash wasn't just acting without thinking, he was making a conscious decision to help another being, even if it meant placing himself in danger, too.
    First time I watched it, I thought it was senseless and Ash was acting way too reckless as usual. Even getting hit with Poison Point and I kept wondering "What if Cilan wasn't able to make a cure for it?"

The same with him jumping in front of Trip's Lampent using Shadow Ball to protect the Venipede leader. Seems like he wasn't using his head in either case considering he could have used Piakchu's Thunderbolt or something to block it.

I mean I give him points for doing what he feels is right but that recklessness is what makes Ash the kind of person you just like to scold for his actions but you can't help but respect him for putting others before himself.

However, like usual in the show that one act of dangerous but compassionate kindness turned out to be the best move as that Venipede it saved convinced the leader to follow them to the park to safety.

Really good ones already listed. There really is a lot to choose from..I would say him going out of his way to help pokemon (some that are not even his) gain their confidence are some of my faves. Cottonee comes to mind. Helping him learn to fight and win over a love interest (even though Ash was dense, he still realized Cottonee needed help and helped him).

Also, in the 9th movie when he put May, Manaphy, and Pikachu in that pod with the waters rising while he swam to the treasure room was extremely selfless.

Blog Entries

How about Movie 8? Ash was willing to give up his aura to save the Tree of Beginning, knowing he wouldn't survive and not caring as long as everyone else was safe.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Blog Entries

My favorite moment was definitely from movie 8.

Seeing how Ash was willing to help out Lucario without hesitation to save the tree, knowing that he'd for sure die if he did, I personally think takes the prize.

Even though most Trainers love Pokémon, I doubt that many of them would dare to sacrifice themselves in order to save only some Pokémon, but for Ash the choice seemed to be so obvious, like there was no other option.

That moment itself could possibly be my favorite moment in all of the movies. I just found Ash's willingness to be really noble and strong, and I really took some more liking to his character after that I had seen him do that. It's something that I'll never forget. But other than that, the thing with Venipede was pretty good too.
    Hidden Mew likes this.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

movie 8 and 9, need I say more?

Banner created by Princess of Hoenn.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When he invited Chimchar to his team. Amazing moment. Probably defines d/p for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Movie 8 for the reasons already mentioned. Then there's the episode from Kanto when he forced everyone back into their Poké Balls to keep them warm is also a really good one. Or that Hoenn one in which Jukain runs into the forest because he's frustrated his moves won't work. Satoshi is obviously worried about Pikachu, but he tells Jukain not to worry, and just keeps helping him walk even after hurting his knee. Then, he defends Jukain (with a stick, lol), and jumps to save him and Pikachu from TR. That episode was ridiculously adorable because that's really going beyond what a regular trainer would do. And then when he offers to train Hikozaru. And the Fushide episode really stood out for me too.

Ah, I could keep this list going for ages, but I'll leave it at that. These moments are the reason I love Satoshi so much. He can be so adorable sometimes XD
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Blog Entries

Alas if we could all have bodies made out of unbreakabletanium....

When he died in the first movie.