Episodes that you can't stand to watch - Page 4

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Episodes that you can't stand to watch

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: Episodes that you can't stand to watch

I don't understand all the "The Kangaskhan Kid" hate in this thread. Part of what makes that episode so amazing is just how fucking batshit insane the whole thing is. It's so bad it's funny.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

I'm sorry, I just don't find The Kangaskhan Kid enjoyable in the least. It's trying too hard to be crazy when it's dealing with a pretty serious subject (returning a traumatized child who has grown up in the wild to his natural parents). Tommy's father acts like a complete idiot and isn't likeable in the least.

Blog Entries

Sleepless in Pre-Battle!: A boring way to introduce two awesome legendary Pokémon.
    A Faux Oak Finish!: Nothing happened. Period.
    Try for the Family Stone!: A girl with a Misdreavus and a boy with a Murkrow want to evolve their Pokémon with a Dusk Stone and go out on an adventure to find one. How exciting...
    Regaining the Home Advantage!: Just a bad episode.
    Pokémon Ranger: Heatran Rescue!: Really inferior to the other Ranger episodes. Nothing happens at all.
    Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port!: Question! Question! Question! Question! Even more questions! Shame how a good episode got ruined by questions all over the place.
    Here Comes the Trubbish Squad!: Don't even get me started on this one.
    Minccino-Neat and Tidy!: It was good the first time I watched it, but it got annoying afterwards.
    Elgyem and the UFO!: This felt like a rough chore to watch...

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^ Definitely. When DP had bad fillers, they were really bad. Its odd, really. DP's best episodes tended to be the ones about the battling or the Hunter J/Galactic eps, but a lot of the DP filler eps were awful.

There were some exception of course like the awesome evil Togepi ep and the Spiritomb filler.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    I'm sorry, I just don't find The Kangaskhan Kid enjoyable in the least. It's trying too hard to be crazy when it's dealing with a pretty serious subject (returning a traumatized child who has grown up in the wild to his natural parents). Tommy's father acts like a complete idiot and isn't likeable in the least.
    I also thought he was incredibly annoying, but that didn't make the whole episode unbearable for me to watch. I think if his incompetence was toned down a bit, it would have been more enjoyable, though.
    Last edited by The Puppetmaster; 25th July 2011 at 09:42 AM.

Blog Entries

The Kangaskhan ep was funnier in Japanese because Tomo wonder's if Misty is a woman and talks about breasts. Read Dogasu's comparison, 4kids took it all out and edited the dialogue.

Mama, we all go to hell. TheCapsFan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

I can't remember its name, but the Sunflora episode drove me CRAZY!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheCapsFan5000 View Post
    I can't remember its name, but the Sunflora episode drove me CRAZY!
    The one from Johto? Yeah that ep was another notoriously bad Johto filler. It was a grinning Sunflora competition where a Sunflora had to smile the most.

Goddamn these Johto fillers.

It's Fishing Time~ JennaJayfeather's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    The one from Johto? Yeah that ep was another notoriously bad Johto filler. It was a grinning Sunflora competition where a Sunflora had to smile the most.

Goddamn these Johto fillers.

._. Honestly...I liked that episode. When I was younger around Johto time I honestly didn't know what were fillers or not. I just figured it was part of the show ^^; (I bought them on VHS so ya know 3 episodes. I was just happy to watch any episodes. I rarely even GOT the ones with Gym Battles lol.)

when I first got into subbing, I had one condition: do not make me translate any episodes focusing on Haruka's Zenigame (the closest I ever got is the otherwise awesome episode where Harley won, in which the thing showed its ugly mug for an appeal round... but it was such a great episode, I wrote two scripts for it XD). The Ariados battle especially, just thinking about it could make me go into rage mode.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 26th July 2011 at 01:45 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Im not sure if i understand hate for "Kangaskhan Kid"hate either.Ill admit how plot didnt made much sense but that is one of reasons which made this episode enjoyable to me having great humor.I also liked seeing Kangaskhan in action too and portrayal of kid being like pokemon version of Tarzan was amusing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aestivate View Post
    I head desk whenever I watch Takeshi vs. Haruka contest battle.
    Just painful. ._.
    I agree with you there."What i Did For Love"had possibly one of most unbelievable and lame victories which ever happened in this show.Brock finally get to battle participating in contest controlling whole course of match with Mudkip and having better strategy just to be wiped out by Mays Eevee which had unrealistic resistance.

I liked that one. Its also the only Misty-centered ep in early Johto! Aside from the shared Totodile capture ep with Ash.
    She had notable screen time in some other episodes from early Johto like "Illusion Confusion","Tanks Alot" or "Gilgarman" too for example.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Most of the Johto and DP fillers.

Blog Entries

Some of DP's standalone fillers really were awful. Its like DP's only good eps were the ones in any of the story arcs, the standalone eps were some of the worst:

- Cake making Pikachu episode from early DP, the one where it evolves into Raichu.
    - Chingling filler...awful.
    - The ep where Pikachu and Piplup get "attracted" to one another (attempted to be funny, failed)
    - The Piplup filler with Deoxys, extreme waste of potential
    - The 3 Psyduck filler right before the Summer School arc (Definitely of a routine filler)
    - Heatran/Ranger ep (Horrible plot and story)
    - Mira ep with Sandshrew...another dull ep
    - Luxio ep in the sewers with Swampert (not extremely bad, but another bore)
    - Luxray ep with Marble (Girl was annoying)
    - Bidoof filler with Steelix (bad)
    - Bibarel filler (still bad)

Man, when you stop to think of it DP did have some crap in it. Its just that when people think about DP, they only remember Paul, Pokehunter J/Galactic and all the Gyms and Contests episodes....basically the good parts.
    Last edited by The Fighting Misty; 26th July 2011 at 12:41 AM.
    Pokémon Master Ash and Duque like this.

- Chingling filler...awful.
    possibly the hottest (anime-original) character-of-the-day ever gets points in my book (though yeah, it was highly lackluster aside from that and the mention of Kojirou's Chiriin).

- Luxio ep in the sewers with Swampert (not extremely bad, but another bore)
    don't see where the "not extremely bad" part's coming from. I mean, certainly not the worst, but the plot did reak of retardation (most notably when the Whaleko decides to spontaneously evolve and trap itself... hasn't the franchise established that such an event can be controlled?). BTW, I'm surprised you didn't mention the Muma/Yamikarasu episode. Now THAT was the low point of DP fillers.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

"Minccino-Neat and Tidy" for obvious, blond-haired reasons...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast