Episodes that you can't stand to watch - Page 11

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Episodes that you can't stand to watch

Add Chiss on Facebook

Default Re: Episodes that you can't stand to watch

Any Team-Rocket centric dp episode. In English, the constant rhyming gives me a headache. In Japanese, Nyasu's voice is soooooo grating. It's even worse than doraemon. 10 mins+ of that and I'm done.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Every episode after the first Sinnoh one dubbed in my mother language (Brazilian Portuguese), because goodness gracious, you can't expect the english puns and jokes to make sense with no proper context! Dubbing studio, have you ever heard of a non-literal translation?! (although it IS trying to be better in the BW saga)

aside from that...

Any time Piplup got the focus, and it was often, I have nothing against fillers, but lord almighty, Sinnoh may have had some semblances of good writing, but its fillers... OMA, how did I manage to watch them?

Also, many episodes in Johto, although BW and the OS have some stinkers aswell.

EDIT: 3000th post huh? Beers in my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    Every episode after the first Sinnoh one dubbed in my mother language (Brazilian Portuguese)
    I know that feel. I don't know how, but it was bearable until I started to watch the japanese subbed. Now it gives me headache, even the OS ones.

Follow the signs of the Crimson Thunder
    We will stay by your side
    Let our voices be there to guide you

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Metan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    Every episode after the first Sinnoh one dubbed in my mother language (Brazilian Portuguese)
    I know that feel. I don't know how, but it was bearable until I started to watch the japanese subbed. Now it gives me headache, even the OS ones.
    Hey, at least they were cohesive, and the jokes made sense to us, brazilian kids with no context outside of our own country, nowadays, I can't even coerce my brother into watching it, so I just sit there and watch him go: ''What?'' at every joke, and the studio should know better! It's pretty darn obvious that you can't make the same pun with words that are completely different in another language and expect people to get it, it's like they're going backwards, however, I must apologize for blaming only the studio, the fans, or some portion thereof, are also to blame, because I know they wanted a literal translation from english to brazilian portuguese since day one, I can't even gander why would they want it, but they did.

Take our Digimon dubs, (at least from season 1-3), which were not only translated from the Japanese, aka the original, script, so the plot was clearer and the dialog wasn't filled with horrible puns like in the english dub (thank you, Jeff Nimoy -_-), but the jokes and cultural references were explained and the translation wasn't literal, but it mainly improved the wording, not changing the original meaning and themes of the plot at large and made it relatable to our audience, which is how I think dubs should always be.

And that was long and off-topic, but oh well.
    SammyW27, Metan and Neowsu like this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

In the dub, "Flames of a Red Hot Reunion" by far. Sat through it once, and that was a painful, painful episode to get through for me. Hurt me on a very personal level to see what happened there. I was and still am already upset enough about the VA change, but that episode hammered it home why I feel it was a mistake, and it felt like all my fond childhood memories were being erased in one single episode like that. So, yeah, this one may not be a bad episode, but I am really offended by what went down here. At the same time, at least I know what to expect anytime there are flashbacks in the future to episodes of the former dub, so I can at least brace for that now without being too sad.

The only bright side of this episode for me is that Bill Rogers was emulating Eric Stuart again, and minus the yelling, he did a great job with the role. He certainly went for his A-game here, after his DP performance was the pits for him (IMHO).

My reaction is best described as: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed6abCSoQ0o

In the sub, the English equivalent is best described as "A Unova League Evolution!" of the episodes I can't stand to watch again. Just makes me feel really sad for Ash/Satoshi and what seems to be his sad fate in the Pokémon anime. Not because of the regression he undergoes every other series, but because I feel he's sadly just being kept around the way he is for no real reason other than...well, you know.

Mind you, I do not hate the Isshu/Unova arc much myself, but these two episodes (respectively) are my least favorite so far.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 15th July 2013 at 04:15 PM.

Blog Entries

I Hate the one Episode that was with Prima. That was just a good Awful Episode and Ash I think was a Jerk and forgot you have to work with Your Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Axew gets Lost...
    Darth Darkrai likes this.

Plinkety plonk pianooo... Doctor Who's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Doctor Who On Twitter

One word: Jump.
    I can't stand the episodes he's in, even if he has a non-speaking cameo, he makes me cringe and makes my fillings hurt when he speaks. When I see him, I turn off the TV.

Haters gonna hate

追放されたバカ

Any episode where one of the characters is missing, and the group all have to split up to find them, and usually end up in a cave.
    Doctor Who and Zexy like this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Intelligence View Post
    One word: Jump.
    I can't stand the episodes he's in, even if he has a non-speaking cameo, he makes me cringe and makes my fillings hurt when he speaks. When I see him, I turn off the TV.
    Yeah, those are some of the worst eps in all the 4Kids dub thanks to him.

"OK, OK, OK, what's happening!" = -_-
    Doctor Who likes this.

Blog Entries

Any ep where they turn the human cast into idiots. (It's bad enough that they do it to Ash, but everyone else...) "Hypno's Naptime" comes to mind, since Officer Jenny (along with the off-screen police force) was thoroughly incompetent, as I explained in my blog long ago. "The Poke-Spokes Person" also rubs me completely the wrong way, since the characters act like humans and Pokémon can't understand each other except for rare cases, which goes against one of the ideas of the show.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Eternal ComakariShipper dracoflare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow dracoflare on Tumblr

I usually sit when I watch an episode. Fail attempt at joke//shot

I usually LIKE any Pokemon episode. I am the kind who adjusts to anything. But there was this certain Rocket-centric episode in DP (Sorry for not remembering). It wasn't even funny like the OS Team Rocket nor were they doing anything noteworthy. They just exploded in the end.

Any episodes focusing on Pochama too (I hate the one where he learns Hydropump). He's too much of a brat for my liking. I love Mijumaru though!!

Another instance of brats annoying me is Masato(Max) and his stupid performance after Senri loses to Satoshi. Meh, if I were Haruka, I would have slapped him :3 (I guess I would have been a terrible sister! But I am a guy.) But I can understand the kid's plight. He got less annoying after that.

His Japanese voice is too annoying for me.(And me hating a Jap voice is as rare as finding a Rare Candy without a Dowsing Machine.) He was less bearable in English :3 Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.
    Ever read an Ikari+Pearlshipping fic set in an AU?

Other Fanfiction
    Road to be a Pokemon Master <---Slightly Popular Tournament Fic featuring Ash.
    Beyond Truths and Ideals<--Featuring a clash between Ash, N, Team Rocket,Team Plasma and much more.
    50 Shippings to Boot With<--Mega Project to write 50 One-shots for 50 different Shippings.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The whole PWTJC, outside of the exhibition match and Ash vs. Iris.

Blog Entries

Any Episode with Purrloin and few other appearances it is in they have been god awful especially it's Debut Episode.

Blog Entries

Climbing the Tower of Success!

The only thing that saved this pile was Stephan. Seriously, the entire episode was outright terrible. And do not get me started on Ricky--he is the only CotD that I have ever wanted to see die in a fire.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast