Episode:Mild'n Wooly (Mareep and the Girl of the Ranch) A surprising dub quote

Thread: Episode:Mild'n Wooly (Mareep and the Girl of the Ranch) A surprising dub quote

Blog Entries

Default Episode:Mild'n Wooly (Mareep and the Girl of the Ranch) A surprising dub quote

"Fluffy use speed star!"

As you all may know (or not), the Japanese name for the move Swift is Speed Star. I was very surprised when 4kids dubbed this into the episode. I'm wondering what made them decide to put this in.
    RIP Craig Andersen AKA Kimba W. Lion (1955-2012)

"World's Greatest Kimba Fan"

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Re: Episode:Mild'n Wooly (Mareep and the Girl of the Ranch) A surprising dub quote

Quote Originally Posted by Rentora View Post
    "Fluffy use speed star!"

As you all may know (or not), the Japanese name for the move Swift is Speed Star. I was very surprised when 4kids dubbed this into the episode. I'm wondering what made them decide to put this in.
    This has been known for a long long long while now. In fact Bulbapedia quoted it as well. And this isn't the first time this has happened, TPCi used "Dreamsite" instead of "Dreamyard".

Blog Entries

Default Re: Episode:Mild'n Wooly (Mareep and the Girl of the Ranch) A surprising dub quote

It's just a dub error. Both companies have made plenty before. It's easy to get terms mixed up when you have to change the names of so many things.