NEWS: Dub season 16 announced: Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Dub season 16 announced: Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Dub season 16 announced: Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova

This sounds like a summary for the entire BW saga. It's like calling Galactic Battles "Adventures in Sinnoh" when it wasn't the first DP season.
    Last edited by UnovaCastaway; 2nd December 2012 at 03:59 PM.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Yeah, this is a horribly generic title. While most of the dub titles for the seasons aren't that great, it just looks like TPCI isn't even trying to make them sound unique or creative at this point. I would like it if this information is incorrect, but that's most likely isn't going to happen. Maybe the theme song will be better to make up for the weak title, although that's probably not going to happen either.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

not so creative by TPCi, but whatever...

Still season 3...
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

I'm getting the general idea that they're on an adventure, in Unova.

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That name is just...*facepalm*. REALLY, TPCi? But, besides the title, I agree with the previous statement about it kicking off with BW098. It wouldn't really make much sense if it didn't stop after the Op. Tempest arc. Alternatively, it could begin with N's introduction to the series, but that would make Rival Destinies around 10-15 episodes longer than last season. Though it's feasible, I just don't see it happening.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiChasers View Post
    Not to mention it's just like "Adventures in the Orange Islands". I know nhjmn is very reliable, but I honestly hope he's wrong about this title.
    It's the real title. :|

And even if the name were to change, it will still be season 16.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Dammit titles, why do you always have to spoiler the plot? :\

It delivers what it promises, if nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiChasers View Post
    It's probably too late for them to even realize it's a bad name now since they likely already bought the theme song for it.
    You do know it being a bad title is only an opinion and not a fact, just because you think it is, doesn't mean it is and that it goes for everybody else.

I happen to like the title since it sort of implies them having some good adventures after the league, whilst not worrying about any gym battles or such.
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Just as long as the theme song isn't 'na-na-na-na-Ad-ven-tures-in-Un-o-va' I don't think it matters that much.

Blog Entries

I just want to know if this "new" adventure in Unova won't feel terribly repetitive, even with N involved in it. What was the point of covering virtually all the important locations before the league? The Dragonspiral Tower, Giant Chasm, N' Castle and Relic Castle (which was supposed to be covered early on) are the only notable ones left to explore.

Blog Entries

You do know it being a bad title is only an opinion and not a fact, just because you think it is, doesn't mean it is and that it goes for everybody else.
    Yeah but where's the fucking line here. Calling Iris a bad character is an opinion. No sane educated man will question calling Stalin a bad man. Where's the line?

I happen to like the title since it sort of implies them having some good adventures after the league, whilst not worrying about any gym battles or such.
    How does it imply that? I don't see it like at all. And calling those adventures good is an opinion too just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

It's some comfort that they didn't try and shoehorn "Rival Destinies" into the lyrics of the song this season. Let's hope that trend continues.

Still - that's officially 8 seasons for TPCi (well it will be when they actually announce it). They won't match 4Kids' episode count until episode 37 of season 17 (if AIU is 48 as well), but it sure makes you think about how long this show's been going for... among other things.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Damn, i was hoping for unova league victors.
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Surgeon of Death 捷克羅姆's Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

At least it isn't misleading... *coughSinnohLeagueVictorscough*

Registered User charizardmaster125's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So season 16 will be called "Adventures in Unova", I'm getting a feeling that TPCi are coming up short on ideas for season titles. I think that it would be easier if they just have one title that covers the whole region and if the theme song is good for that saga then stick with it but change the opening titles themselves to reflect the major changes in teams and characters. The theme song could also be remixed if need be. This practice was mainly in force during the DP Saga in Japan and I think it works quite well.

If I remember rightly, I think that was the kind of direction that John Loeffler was going for with "Black & White" when he said in his interview with PokePress that he wanted to use the same song for season 15 but apparently TPCi were so insistent on having a new theme song so this is probably why I seem to think that the theme songs as of late sounded forced and at the same time either being good like "Battle Cry - Stand Up" or just bearable like "Rival Destinies". They tried the remix thing with "We Will Be Heroes" a song that was for Movie 10 and it was later used as the theme for Season 11 in a different style.

For the movies they could probably come up with their own theme if they needed to but since Movie 6, some movie openings have been fine without a movie version of their TV Counterpart. I get that TPCi are trying to give the seasons their own identity just as 4Kids were doing but I'm starting to think that this practice isn't starting to do them favors anymore.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast