Dub Dialogue Edits?

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By YamiiDenryuu
  • 2 Post By UnovaCastaway

Thread: Dub Dialogue Edits?

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Dub Dialogue Edits?

I hope this isn't too petty a thing to make a thread for, but has anyone noticed any dub dialogue edits? I went and watched Iris and the Rogue Dragonite and Dawn said You shouldn't be here. however in the original airing Dawn said You don't belong here. I went back and checked the old review thread here. Others reported hearing the latter thing, why the random dialogue edit for future airing? Has anyone noticed anything similar in other episodes? Only other time I remember TPCi going back to change dialogue are the "Earth-type" error in the Battle Frontier and Gengar referring to Ekans as Arbok in the Mystery Dungeon Special. Why do you think TPCi would go make such a pointless edit to Dawn's line in that episode?
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 6th February 2013 at 08:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dub Dialogue Edits?

That's barely a dialogue edit. Most likely, TPCI just goes by a slightly different dictionary than whichever fan you translated that line does. At the absolute most, the line was reworded after translation to fit the lipflaps better.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Moe
    Blog Entries

She definitely says 'You shouldn't be here, it's causing a lot of trouble, understand?' in the copy of the episode I have which has the New Episode watermark on it.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Agree with @YamiiDenryuu, they fit the dialogue to match the lips. "You shouldn't be here" and "you don't belong here" have a very similar meaning.

I saw a Pokemon VA speak at an anime con recently (forgot who it was, either Bill Rogers or Jamie McG) and he said he was dubbing an older anime and he had to fit in something that roughly translated to "she is reeking of beautifulness" into two lip flaps. He gave up after trying to talk really fast and decided to simply say "she's hot."