Dogasu's Backpack Discussion - Page 62

Page 62 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Default Re: Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

The "rule" got broken early in 9th season, so it's nothing new really.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by AtoMan View Post
    The "rule" got broken early in 9th season, so it's nothing new really.
    True, but that was also used in a joking manner (also, this time it wasn't used with a tree XD). It's sorta like the current Naruto Shippuden dub. It's ok to to say "kill" if it's used in a comedic manner but if it's in any other way, it has to be changed to "destroyed" (which, in it's own way, could arguably be worse!). Still, it's a minor thing. I only mentioned it beacuse dancing around it was one of the things he talked about in his comparison for the Giratina movie. XD

Blog Entries

Default Re: Numemon's Backpack Discussion

Digimon, eh? Doesn't seem like the most original idea, but a good one all the same. Also, considering your questionable Internet recently (unless that was a devious ploy to work on this page) this was done really well, especially the comparison - that thing's practically a thesis.

An April Fool's well done.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That reminds me how everyone always says Digimon has a better dub...

...but really, watching it now, the show seems to insert dumb jokes every chance they get. :/

Follow Daxdiv On Twitter

I thought that this was a pretty well done April Fools Day joke and good glimpse of nostalgia as well. Pretty elaborate as well, someone must have been a busy beaver to have done this while moving out yet with limited internet access.

Though this site does make me wish that a Digimon version of it existed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daxdiv View Post
    Though this site does make me wish that a Digimon version of it existed.
    If you check his links page he has a Digimon one listed. It's not as good as Dogasu's Pokemon comparisons, but it does the job well enough I suppose.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dogasu, first I want to say that I have been monitoring your site for more almost three years I believe (same with this forum if anyone can believe that). Second, I was actually wondering if you were going to do an April Fool's joke this year (I've noticed it doesn't always happen) and it turns out you did. Way to go. While your prank is a little unoriginal, and not just because it's a somewhat similar franchise, but also because you've already done a similar joke, It's still amusing anyway. It's better than nothing anyway(and who knew that the first post I make here would be when there's an April fool's prank? XD). Again, nice work.

Religion is a club Every Breaking Wave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, I have to say that this is probably your most thorough April Fool's day joke I've ever seen; every section of the site has been altered, even the manga. And I have to say that I laughed at how far spaced apart those updates were too. Good job mate; I really enjoyed this one.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He's done it before. Didn't he have a Kamen Rider comparasion page once?

And Digimon's dubs got better with each season. Of course, even a good dub couldn't save season 5 from being abject crap, but still.

Blog Entries

Visit Frost's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    He's done it before. Didn't he have a Kamen Rider comparasion page once?
    It was Super Sentai, which he did last year. As a Power Rangers fan, that was my favorite of his April Fools jokes. :3
    Co-admin at PsyPoke.

Blog Entries

Oh wow, Bulbapedia's done a much better job this year than just posting fake news.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dogasu%27s_Backpack

XD as a big fan of Digimon (especially the Japanese version), I just gotta say that this was an awesome prank. You even edited more pages than with last year's Zyuranger theme. The list of Digimon is sadly lacking, though... I mean, yeah, it's hard to actually get them in any kind of coherent order considering Bandai never provided one (I myself could follow the evolution chains from the original set of Digital Monster virtual pets, but after that, I'm kinda lost on the timeframe for when certain Digimon Pendulums, Digimon World, the Wonderswan games, Digital Monster Version S, the V-Tamer manga, card game sets, etc. first came out, to say nothing of being confused on just where certain Digimon, like Plesiomon, actually premiered). However, your list kinda looked like several fan-made attempts at a "Digi-dex" that would only list the monsters in the order of anime premieres... yeah, those were REALLY rampant back in the day (they're probably still numerous now, but I haven't really browsed amateur Digimon sites lately).

BTW, is it a coincidence that Dogas and Numemon both have an association with noxious fumes, or did you do that intentionally? XD

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

Blog Entries

Great prank ^^ I love your April Fools jokes so much.
    While last years prank was much more informative I enjoyed Numemon's Backpack a lot as well.

It really wonders me why the German version of Digimon was a 1:1 translation of the japanese version, with original score and everything ( all attack names from the japanese version for example), while we got almost ALL US names of the characters...

I always thought that we got a dub of the US-dub here, but when I saw the US intro for the very first time a few years ago I thought that it was a really bad AMV. Naturally I was shocked when I realised that this was the US opening...

Ultimate Trainer (I wish) monkeyjb1988's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    It was Super Sentai, which he did last year. As a Power Rangers fan, that was my favorite of his April Fools jokes. :3
    I loved that one too. :)
    The only good human is a dead human!

Oops! Wrong franchise.

(Pikachu gives Monkeyjb1988 a Thunderbolt for being an idiot)

A thousand Meowth are looking up at the night sky with tears in their eyes. None of them will be looking for loose change tonight.

A thousand condolences to all Maddie Blaustein fans. She will be missed forever more. Maddie Blaustein 1960-2008

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    It really wonders me why the German version of Digimon was a 1:1 translation of the japanese version, with original score and everything ( all attack names from the japanese version for example), while we got almost ALL US names of the characters...

I always thought that we got a dub of the US-dub here, but when I saw the US intro for the very first time a few years ago I thought that it was a really bad AMV. Naturally I was shocked when I realised that this was the US opening...
    Hey! It's like that in Turkey too. We have US names, but everything rest is same as japanese version. Then, they gave us original names too in second season... ._.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

LinkBacks (?)

1. 2nd February 2013, 05:32 PM