Dogasu's Backpack Discussion - Page 136

Page 136 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2163
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Dogasu, I just saw your new entry of the Mewtwo Monday and I have more questions to you.

-Is possible that the movie is meant to be the end of the Pokemon series like many people suggest?

-Do you think that the reason why this trailer isn't in the DVD is because the trailer will cause too much confusion?

And another, I think that you should explain how the anime is tied to the Mewtwo movie (Giovanni, the Earth Gym Badge, etc).

And I think (outside of the Mewtwo stuff) that this site is for "Episode Comparison". Because you don't expect to have many time to do all the comparisons, I think that if I were you, I'll do the comparison of these episodes (it's between 2010 and now):
    -BW10: Ash vs Trip 5vs5 (this episode has Pierce and a almost full battle with Trip)
    -DP Specials
    -BW025 (Burgh's Gym battle episode)
    -BW026: (Emolga first episode).
    -BW064 (The episode with Cedirc Juniper)
    -BW085-BW086 (Homika 2-partner)
    -BW087 and BW088 (Meloetta and Dawn)
    -BW089 (Meloetta's Pirouette form and the dub)
    -BW093 (Dawn)
    -BW096-BW097 (Team Plasma)
    -BW112: Team Plasma.
    -BW116: Charizard.
    -BW119: Resemblences to TR vs TP.
    -A general comparison of Decolora Adventures and explain why the filler saga existed when the saga has ended. In that, include TR returning their personalities.
    -BW 134?: For Alexa?

I think that these 15 episodes and this general review of DA is something that I want to see a comparison for them.

If you wanted to do Kanto, sorry but I prefer that you do a comparison of "Princess vs Princess" but I now who terrible is. In that case, I recommend EP045 (Jigglypuff's debut), EP046 (Charizard), EP050 (Togepi), EP059 (First Iwane epsiode) and EP061 (last episode that have Japanese?)
    Last edited by Nymphia; 17th June 2013 at 09:37 AM.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GO, GO, GO, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I want to start with XY as soon as is possible.

I have unpopular opinions: I prefer an older character returning but it isn't from the original trio. I was one of the few who liked both DP and BW. And I think that TR shouldn't leave in the anime.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

A thing to remember with this teaser trailer (and all the other teasers after it) is that producers have a teaser made before any kind of thought it put into the fanfiction plot. They have a featured Pokémon or few and a (very) general idea and then work their way from there, usually just winging it.

Heck, I sometimes wonder if they made this teaser before Mew (and to a lesser extent the Gen 2 Pokes) came into the equation (not to mention that nasty business with the Seizure Incident >_<)
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

That trailer has always been mysterous to me. I wonder if they had a time skip plan, or if it was before they may have extened the show to last long.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

The movie was planned to air in conjunction with the Mewtwo scenes that appeared in the anime (intended to be teasers), but those episodes got pushed back due to the seizure incident (causing those episodes to be shown a couple of months after the movie had already premiered, instead of before). So no, it wasn't meant to be the end. Or, at least, the rumor's really unlikely.

Doesn't make it sound any less fitting though - what better way to end an adaptation of Red and Green then to end it the same way they did? A battle with Mewtwo. :3 Satoshi, Champion of the Pokemon League, invited to challenge Mewtwo, "the strongest Pokemon Trainer in the world" on New Island. Sounds legit as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    Heck, I sometimes wonder if they made this teaser before Mew (and to a lesser extent the Gen 2 Pokes) came into the equation (not to mention that nasty business with the Seizure Incident >_<)
    Mew was there long before the anime came out. This trailer came about after the anime had already starting airing, advertising the new ending theme and the movie at the same time.
    Last edited by FANG-TAN; 17th June 2013 at 09:24 PM.
    PockyAddict likes this.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Blog Entries

Dogasu, regarding your page on the Mewtwo Special, instead of linking to the TV Special's episode comparison, you linked to the first movie comparison instead. Just a heads up.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

YEE-ESH, 4Kids, what is your problem?!?!
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Blog Entries

I've actually never seen Mewtwo! I Am Here before. I always thought that having a Mewtwo OVA was kinda unnecessary since its story was already "covered" with the first movie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MizuTaipu View Post
    I've actually never seen Mewtwo! I Am Here before. I always thought that having a Mewtwo OVA was kinda unnecessary since its story was already "covered" with the first movie.
    Well, regarding that: in the first movie, Satoshi's sacrifice and the Pokemon tears opened Mewtwo's eyes to the fact that the humans, Pokemon copies, and the natural Pokemon were all equal as living beings whether or not they're born or created, and didn't need to drive each other to near death with their strength to prove who was really "real". But towards the end of the film, Mewtwo erased the evidence of the copies' existence and took them to live somewhere else where they could find peace, implying that even though Mewtwo saw that conflict between the three factions was unnecessary, he still believed that they couldn't live in the same world that he saw in his "dream" (beginning of the first movie, where he "saw that creature" [Mew] flying") because they were still on opposite ends of the same coin (with the clones being shadows); they were still different, and didn't have the right to move freely in the world as the real Pokemon do.

Basically, his "Who am I?" was answered, but his "Where am I?" wasn't, he still didn't know where the copies truly belonged.

Mewtwo needed to learn that that all didn't matter and they could live freely under the same sun as the other Pokemon as long as they were living beings, and I think the special concluded that nicely. I personally loved the special (wouldn't call it an OVA since it was made for television). There was a really memorable exchange between Satoshi and Mewtwo that I found to be one of the more memorable scenes in the anime for me.

Also, great comparison Dogasu. I like it better than your old one, for sure. :)
    Last edited by FANG-TAN; 2nd July 2013 at 01:52 AM.
    Chatsy and HumanDawn like this.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Musashi makes a reference to an old Frank Sinatra song (and Neon Genesis Evangelion ending theme) by saying Saraba ii otoko! Mujou no roketto watashi o tsuki made tsurete tte! "Furai Mii Tu Za Muun!" (さらば いい男!無情のロケット私を月まで連れてって!「フライ ミー  トゥ ザ ムーン」), which all translates to "Farewell you good man! This heartless rocket is taking me all the way to the moon! "Fly Me To The Moon!"
    I also wonder if the Mushasi "fly me to the moon" reference is also a Voice actor reference since Musashi's VA Megumi Hayashibara did cover the song for NGE.
    FANG-TAN and martianmister like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PockyAddict View Post
    I also wonder if the Mushasi "fly me to the moon" reference is also a Voice actor reference since Musashi's VA Megumi Hayashibara did cover the song for NGE.
    As a fan of Neon Genesis Evangelion and a seiyuu fanboy, I have to say that's a really nice parallel you made there.
    PockyAddict likes this.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。

Look at Dogasu's analysis of Mewtwo Returns . I especially liked this part:

"Hmm? That's not all? "You didn't want to hurt those humans"...that's what you want to say? Do you think I'm a pokemon capable of being that kind to humans? Me? Myuutwo? Don't be ridiculous."
    Am I the only one who got a chuckle out of this? Also, I've never seen the original version, so how did Ichimura depict Myuutwo when delivering that line? Was Myuutwo being embarrassed, sarcastic, or just analytical?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingMan View Post
    Am I the only one who got a chuckle out of this? Also, I've never seen the original version, so how did Ichimura depict Myuutwo when delivering that line? Was Myuutwo being embarrassed, sarcastic, or just analytical?

Line of dialogue starts at 0:55.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

What's up with these "moon is round" scenes? First Caterpie and Pikachu, then Meowth and Clone-Meowth, now Meowth and Mewtwo...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    What's up with these "moon is round" scenes? First Caterpie and Pikachu, then Meowth and Clone-Meowth, now Meowth and Mewtwo...
    Caterpie and Pikachu didn't go through that, actually. Caterpie was talking about how it wanted to evolve into Butterfree.

Japanese Nyaasu has a fascination with the moon's roundness, which got transerred to its copy apparently.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。

So Dogasu, I am wondering why there is such a big difference in the opinion you express towards the story and dub in the original comparison and in the new comparison for Mewtwo Returns. In the original comparison, you praised Mewtwo Returns as having one of the best stories in Pokemon but in the new comparison you say the story is meh. Also, in the original comparison you said the dub was decent if not good while in the new comparison you say the dub is just as horrible if not worse than the dub for Mewtwo Strikes Back. Did a second viewing change your opinion?
    "The strongest Pokémon... Is this... the fulfillment of my dream?" --Dr. Fuji
    Brock: And I decided I want you to be my partner!
    Girl: What?!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 2nd February 2013, 05:32 PM
  2. 2nd February 2013, 05:11 PM