Dogasu's Backpack Discussion - Page 133

Page 133 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2163
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Default Re: Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I addressed that under the "Notes" section.
    Oops. Should've read the main page on the drama, and not just the summary, I guess.
    So.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

I know I'm late, but it still bears repeating:

Oooooh, the editors at Viz Manga aren't going to like this one bit! >_<

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Dogasu you did a really Great job on this. :D

Dr Fiji's wife left him, Ai was hit by a car and died, Miyamoto (sp?) survived the blizzard and still stayed on that mountion chasing mew and prob does'nt know that her daughter is part of the rocket-gang like she is. there's so much new info. :'( This radio drama is dark, but really good. I feel really sad for fiji and myuutwo. :(

That explains a lot about why myuutwo was angry at humans.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

@Dogasu; I'd just like the say, I love Mewtwo Mondays. I've been keeping up with the site and I'm looking forward to the new updates. :D Also, I'm strangely moved by Miyamoto's desire to find Mew in order to help her daughter. It's just so sad, it really makes me wish we could get an episode or something featuring Miyamoto and Jessie, just to see them interact.

Blog Entries

Even though I prefer the look of the Kanzenban, I think a release of the original version would be cool. I'm guessing the CGI in the Lugia version was there in its theatrical release?

And I'm 18 and I and people my age know what a LaserDisc is; my family has several. That comment was kinda, um, ageist. ^^;;

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Yipe, that's a lotta little changes! o_o
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by MizuTaipu
    Even though I prefer the look of the Kanzenban, I think a release of the original version would be cool. I'm guessing the CGI in the Lugia version was there in its theatrical release?
    Pokemon was already a success overseas by the time the Lugia movie came out in Japan so they knew it was going to get an international release. The Myuutwo movie, on the other hand, came out before the debut of English dub of the TV series and so they therefore had no guarantee that the movie was ever going to leave Japan.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Due to me Loving the look of the Theatical release (I just have a love for classic anime look like that) a bit, I sorta wish that it could have stayed like that a bit. :(

-------------
    There's a little typo here. :)

Either way, those of you wondering why this segment only features Generation I pokemon even though it was attached to a movie starring Generation III pokemon now know why - it was made in 1999 before any of those pokemon existed!
    Generation 3 is advanced generation. The 5th movie is Gen 2.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

But it starred Latias and Latios, two Generation III pokemon.
    PockyAddict likes this.

Two notes.

So anyway, what is this Satoshi's Journey thing? Well, you know the "World of Pokemon" segment from the beginning of the fifth movie? Well, it's basically that. That five minute sequence was originally created for Myuutwo Strikes Back The Kanzenban and was later recycled for the Japanese version of The Water Capitol's Protector Gods Latias and Latios.
    Not quite. The beginning of movie 5 lifts footage from here, yes, but it skips roughly half of it, and severely speeds up the rest, gives it new narration... it's mostly its own thing, with reused video. It's also only bout a minute long, as opposed to the original's 5 minutes.
    Notably, it skips a scene showing Kikuko battling Shiba; Kikuko's actual anime debut, abut 7 years prior to what most think was her debut.

Also,
    the rest it - the part that, y'know, actually aired in theaters - had a number of changes made to the animation in an effort to give it some extra polish. Some scenes simply had CG added to them while others were completely redrawn from the ground up.

It turns out that all of this was work was done for the November 10th release of Pokémon The First Movie in the U.S.
    This is correct... though what's interesting is that what aired here is not what was later released on VHS and in American theaters. Both Pokepale and Pokeani mention that the March 2000 TV airing of the movie had "redone CG not in the prior broadcast", and while Pokeani isn't very detailed on the 1999 airing, Pokepale mentions it did have additional CG... so what aired then was some sort of unfinished version where not ALL the CG changes had been implemented. Quite interesting.

Also, it's worth mentioning that while the 1999 broadcast did include the Mewtwo's Birth segment, it did not have the Satoshi's Journey one. That debuted on the VHS, and was first shown on TV in the March 2000 broadcast.
    So.

But it starred Latias and Latios, two Generation III pokemon.
    Did not know that. I totally apologize for that. ^^; Disregard what I said. I feel so embarrassed.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant
    The beginning of movie 5 lifts footage from here, yes, but it skips roughly half of it, and severely speeds up the rest, gives it new narration... it's mostly its own thing, with reused video. It's also only bout a minute long, as opposed to the original's 5 minutes.
    Notably, it skips a scene showing Kikuko battling Shiba; Kikuko's actual anime debut, abut 7 years prior to what most think was her debut.
    Huh, I did not know that. I mean, I knew from various sources that Satoshi's Journey was five minutes long and should have realized that what we see at the beginning of the fifth movie is significantly shorter than that, but I guess I just assumed it was without ever bothering to check. That's what I get for being sloppy, I suppose.

Something else that threw me off, though, were descriptions of Satoshi's Journey that described it as being a sort of remake of the first episode of the TV series. And the one that was in the Japanese version of the Latios & Latias movie did indeed have quite a number of those scenes in there.

I'll keep checking Yahoo! Auctions to see if the Kanzenban VHS pops up.

Both Pokepale and Pokeani mention that the March 2000 TV airing of the movie had "redone CG not in the prior broadcast", and while Pokeani isn't very detailed on the 1999 airing, Pokepale mentions it did have additional CG... so what aired then was some sort of unfinished version where not ALL the CG changes had been implemented. Quite interesting.
    I was also looking at The Birth of Mewtwo earlier tonight and noticed that the version that's on the Region 1 Mewtwo Returns DVD is different from the one that's on the Japanese DVD of the first movie. A bunch of the backgrounds are different between the two versions which, when coupled with the information you just provided, tells me that what 4Kids dubbed and eventually put on the Mewtwo Returns DVD was an in-progress version of the short.

Which also means yay, I get to make a ton more screenshots comparing the two -_-

So maybe the footage in the 1999 TV airing of the The Birth of Myuutwo part of the first movie was what 4Kids ended up dubbing and putting on their Mewtwo Returns DVD while the "finished" version was what was put on DVD in 2000? And maybe that's why it took two whole years for that first movie to be even be put out on DVD in the first place?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Huh, I did not know that. I mean, I knew from various sources that Satoshi's Journey was five minutes long and should have realized that what we see at the beginning of the fifth movie is significantly shorter than that, but I guess I just assumed it was without ever bothering to check. That's what I get for being sloppy, I suppose.
    I thought the exact same up until last month, when the movie aired on TV Tokyo with Satoshi's Journey intact. That was the first time I had ever seen this segment. We got pictures of that airing up here - as mentioned, the segment is about 5 minutes long, with most of it being a reanimated recap of episode 1.

I was also looking at The Birth of Mewtwo earlier tonight and noticed that the version that's on the Region 1 Mewtwo Returns DVD is different from the one that's on the Japanese DVD of the first movie. A bunch of the backgrounds are different between the two versions which, when coupled with the information you just provided, tells me that what 4Kids dubbed and eventually put on the Mewtwo Returns DVD was an in-progress version of the short.

Which also means yay, I get to make a ton more screenshots comparing the two -_-

So maybe the footage in the 1999 TV airing of the The Birth of Myuutwo part of the first movie was what 4Kids ended up dubbing and putting on their Mewtwo Returns DVD while the "finished" version was what was put on DVD in 2000? And maybe that's why it took two whole years for that first movie to be even be put out on DVD in the first place?
    Interesting, and makes sense. Looking forward to that comparison.
    So.

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

Just wondering, did the English Dub ever use the Non-Kanzenban version?

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Well the Kanzenban footage was made specifically for the English dub. It would be kind of shitty if they didn't end up using it.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 2nd February 2013, 05:32 PM
  2. 2nd February 2013, 05:11 PM