Dogasu's Backpack Discussion - Page 130

Page 130 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2163
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Default Re: Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ♥Lady Marie♥ View Post
    Brock suddenly deciding to be a doctor in the last few episodes after tons of episodes hyping him to be a breeder, Is sorta a example of that.
    That's why I said "I hope".
    PockyAddict likes this.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Iris will return to Souryuu City and become a Gym Leader
    I really hope not. That would be inconsistent with her previous characterization.
    Despite the fact she said she'd think about it? O_o
    Last edited by Musashi; 7th February 2013 at 02:28 PM.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

I predict that Pocket Monsters X and Y will come out in Japan on October 12th, 2013. Why? Well, video games typically come out on Saturdays in Japan, and October 12th is the first day of a three day weekend (that Monday is Tai'iku no Hi, which you often see translated as "Sports Day"). Kids will therefore not have school on Monday, making that the perfect time to release a new video game. I think the U.S. will get the games on Tuesday, October 15th.
    Sounds good. You know more about these kinds of things than I do. The fact they have Americanb names ready before the game is released signals Gen 6 will be the fastest games to get out Japan.

I don't want to get into too many X & Y predictions because I'd be here all day if I do, so I'll just make one more: I think Generation VI will be the first generation to not have all its pokemon spoiled on day one. The 3DS' ability to do DLC means Game Freak can leave the data for the legendaries off the actual carts themselves and have them added in later, enabling them to actually keep the secret pokemon a secret this time around.
    Would be interesting to the Event Legendaries to sneak up on us and us not see it coming for miles, wouldn't it.

I think we'll get one more side game before X & Y come out in October. Eleven months without a single Pokemon game is a long time, so I'm thinking they'll announce - and then release - a new side game between now and then. Perhaps a Pokemon Ranger 3DS which will also have some legendary pokemon egg that you'll be able to transfer to your X & Y games later on?
    Most of a year IS along time to go without a Pokemon game of some sort, ain't it?

I'm hoping a Ranger game too. Those are a breath of fresh air and it would give the Producers and excuse to have one appear on the show (always interesting)

So, what's going to happen in (deep breath) Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! Season 2 Episode N? Well...it's kind of hard to say. We'll see Satoshi's Lizardon come back before July (because of the movie) and the whole thing will end at the White Ruins, but other than that? Um...I think Charbu will evolve into Emboar, as redundant as having two fully evolved Fire-Types on his team will be?
    Who can say what kind of wackiness can happen when you throw in returning Pokes, guest villains, and Big Events! Though since the other fire starters ended up fully evolved...

I think "The Rocket-Dan vs. The Plasma-Dan" will air, in some form, later this year.
    As I said earlier in this thread, I suspect they'll just recycle the better story elements instead.

Iris and Dent will have their farewells and will not go to the X and Y series. Iris will return to Souryuu City and become a Gym Leader while Dent goes back to the Sanyou City Gym to be with his brothers. Hopefully, hopefully they'll both get a full episode to themselves, but after the way they handled Takeshi's departure back in DP I'm not holding my breath.
    And good riddance!

Satoshi and Pikachu will stay for the new series. Obviously.
    Unfortunately Let's just hope he isn't the insufferable, nigh-dispicable idiot he's been for most of BW next reigon...

The Rocket-Dan, on the other hand...that's kind of 50/50. I'm leaning toward them being written out at the end of BW (and for real this time...none of that "Don't miss the Rocket-Dan's final battle!" bullcrap from before), though, because there doesn't really seem to be any point in keeping the trio around anymore.
    Heck, they've BEEN needing to go for years. There are plenty of sources for antagony & comic relief in PokeWorld without using people from a (sadly) long irrelevant villain team who should've left a long, long time ago.

An all-new Generation VI pokemon will be teased at the end of the Genosect movie, just like how Victini was teased at the end of the Zorro'ark one back in 2010.
    Shot, chances are they may well shoe-horn a Gen Sixer into the movie for the hell of it...
    Last edited by SammyW27; 19th February 2013 at 03:18 PM.

Add SammyW27 on Facebook

Little did Dogasu know that most of BW would be a chore to sit through...

And seriously, what IS up with Snivy not getting a new move since her introduction
    Poor kid will end up being the most underdeveloped (both ways!) Grass type Ash has ever had...

And its kinda sad to look back and see that they had big plans for BW that never came through
    Last edited by SammyW27; 19th February 2013 at 06:10 PM.

Hey guys, I've been off for a few weeks. First of all, I'm very excited for Pokémon X and Y. I plan to trade in my old DS Lite towards a 3DS once I beat the league in Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (the PWT with the past trainers can wait). Now, Dogasu, I'm sorry you didn't like Snivy Plays Hard to Catch. I didn't really think about how the basic moves haven't changed for Snivy; but I am also very weirded out by re-watching these episodes on the DVDs I bought and realizing that the plot of Best Wishes had to be completely rewritten and the Rocket Vs. Plasma episodes most likely having their concepts redone for Episode N. However, any disaster tends to do things to TV shows, and anime is no exception (I mentioned before that Puella Magi Madoka Magica was delayed as well due to the disaster in Tohoku). As for the future of the rest of Pokémon, I wouldn't mind another one of the Pikachu games for Wii U; and I'm taking the future of the show in stride. I am old enough to remember when people dismissed this series as a fad, after all.

Oh, for the love of... Dogasu, why have you not updated this page yet? I sent you an email with a BulbaNews link.
    Last edited by LDEJRuff; 23rd February 2013 at 05:14 AM.
    Hooray for the Fairy-type!

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

^^ I agree that it's deceased now, and cilan and iris not remembering looker sealed the nail in the coffin for those episodes.

(although Ironically though unpopular opininon, first part of Best wishes still would have been boring for me even if they had aired, I did'nt get into the series until maybe many episodes after casteilia city)

Blog Entries

Rest In Piece Chieko Honda.

Add SammyW27 on Facebook

A moment of silence for the REAL Gardenia...

Goodbye, Chieko Honda. You will be missed.

Blog Entries

Hey Dogasu, I've found something you might be interested in!

So some amazing person taped the first broadcast of Metamon and the Mimicry Girl (Ditto's Mysterious Mansion) waaaaayy back in December 1997 which had the preview for Electric Solider Porygon before it was replaced by Pikachu's Woods. Perhaps this vid would be a good addition to your Electric Solider Porygon essay or your Dailymotion account?
    martianmister likes this.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by MizuTaipu View Post
    Hey Dogasu, I've found something you might be interested in!

So some amazing person taped the first broadcast of Metamon and the Mimicry Girl (Ditto's Mysterious Mansion) waaaaayy back in December 1997 which had the preview for Electric Solider Porygon before it was replaced by Pikachu's Woods. Perhaps this vid would be a good addition to your Electric Solider Porygon essay or your Dailymotion account?
    Now that was effing luck that someone was able to record that. Due to the preview only airing once and never again. I'm more surprised that's it's in decent condition due to how old it is and this was more likely ripped from vhs which deteriates like heck.

And I also found this from the same exact channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zecrRylGpzs

And also I want that friken plush collection in that Video! All those Plushies! :3
    =================
    Last edited by PockyAddict; 25th February 2013 at 09:20 PM.
    MizuTaipu and martianmister like this.

Blog Entries

@Dogasu; You're a little mixed up with the Rocket Radio CDs. The VA interviews are what's on the selection CD, not the pilot episode. The pilot episode is only on the bonus disk when you buy any of the four regular CDs from Animate.

Other than that, thanks for writing all that up. I keep meaning to update Bulbapedia with all the radio stuff I have, but it's a lot of work and I haven't had the time.

Edit: Actually there's lots of little mistakes in the radio episode guide. You should look over the review threads and the summaries that were made.
    Last edited by Musashi; 27th February 2013 at 03:55 PM.

The Porygon preview is right there in the Hulu version of the Metamon episode, so that there's a copy of it on Youtube is... pretty irrelevant, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    I sometimes want to look up which skit is in which episode or who the guest was each week but I can't because nobody else (to my knowledge) has bothered to make a handy guide chronicling all that.
    We did a bare-bones one. Obviously less detailed and useful than yours, but it was there.

There's also one on Japanese Wikipedia (which we mostly ripped off because I haven't actually listened to more than a handful of these episodes).
    So.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    You're a little mixed up with the Rocket Radio CDs. The VA interviews are what's on the selection CD, not the pilot episode.
    I was just going by the description of the selection CD that was up on Animate's website before they replaced it with the information about the Secret Live. That description specifically mentioned the pilot episode and didn't say anything about having any of the voice actor interviews.

Edit: Actually there's lots of little mistakes in the radio episode guide.
    ...for example?

You should look over the review threads and the summaries that were made.
    I did :P

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant
    There's also one on Japanese Wikipedia (which we mostly ripped off because I haven't actually listened to more than a handful of these episodes).
    Oh, I used that too :P

This page was also pretty helpful.
    Last edited by Dogasu; 27th February 2013 at 04:34 PM.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

LinkBacks (?)

1. 2nd February 2013, 05:32 PM
  2. 2nd February 2013, 05:11 PM