Dogasu's Backpack Discussion - Page 125

Page 125 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2165
Like Tree265Likes

Thread: Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Default Re: Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    But! ...I can't really make any of those words out in the larger version of the image above.
    The same text reappears a couple episodes later, where it's much easier (or, well, possible at all) to make out. That's what we decoded it from.
    Last edited by Adamant; 1st October 2012 at 10:39 AM.
    martianmister likes this.
    So.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

i found this:Pocket Monsters Comic Strips

I agree with your assessement about this comic. -_- It looks lame as heck and kinda boring.

Blog Entries

Your rants are always a joy to read Dogasu. They're probably the reason why the "Thoughts" part of your comparisons is my favorite part.

I can't wait to see what you have to say about the Kami trio arc!

I'm taking your dislike of the Battle Subway two-parter in stride. At first, I got angry that you disliked Team Rocket being good at their jobs. Now, I realize that turning them into more menacing figures is not for everyone; and I'm OK with your stance on it. Besides, I still like the two-parter, and you made your dislike of it entertaining to read. It's kind of like one of those videos from an internet review personality like The Nostalgia Critic and the other That Guy With the Glasses contributors; SF Debris, or Red Letter Media's Mr. Plinkett. You also inspired me to start my own look at the Pokémon anime for my YouTube channel; as there is an audience for 20-somethings looking at a formulaic anime based on a video game series. I'm frankly looking forward to your recap of "Battle for the Underground", as the one for "Crisis From the Underground Up" crossed the line twice from being a deliberate panning to being utterly hilarious.
    SammyW27 likes this.

Sigh. I'm face-palming at Dogasu's update to the Rocket vs. Plasma write-up. All these lines...

Kind of hard to air "The Rocket-Dan vs. The Plasma-Dan" if the former is no longer in the show, isn't it?
    So much for the sunglasses Waruvil showing up in the retconned version of this two-parter.
    Now that the trio is no longer in the Isshu region, getting everyone back to the Ancient Castle to wrap up this Meteonite plot is pretty much guaranteed not to happen.
    There's really no way to retcon these episodes anymore.
    Oh, for the love of......

There was NEVER any way to retcon these episodes! They were NEVER going to be placed anywhere else! Every fan of the show in Japan knows exactly where and when they were meant to air! The preview for BW023 still airs after BW022! TV Tokyo even put up a big disclaimer at the start of BW025 (which is still there on Hulu, BTW) that says these episodes come before it! Where the hell did the idea that the episodes were going to be retconned like the fishing one come from anyway? It makes absoultely no logical sense!

NONE of this stuff is "evidence" that the two-parter will never air, it just reaffirms what should have been obvious: the episodes are not going to be retconned. The producers have "no desire to present this two-parter as a flashback"? Of course not, they'll present them as they always were! They'll air and be placed back into their proper order during reruns, hence why the BW023 preview is kept!

Elsewhere in the write-up, Dogasu said this:

But why even retcon them at all? Why not just air them as-is with a disclaimer telling kids that this is an episode airing out-of-order? That should be enough, right? The thing is...television networks never do this. Ever. Can any of you guys think of a single instance of a Japanese TV station airing an episode of a serialized children's program out of order, and then admitting it up front?
    I must point to "Rougela's Christmas" and "Cold as Iwark!" from Kanto. They were postponed. They aired. Completely unaltered and breaking continuity. There was no disclaimer that said they were airing out of order because there didn't need to be; everyone was expected to know that these episodes were out of order. That's what will happen if the two-parter airs: it'll just air, likely as a special event but with no mention of them being postponed or the disaster at all, and everyone will be expected to know where and when these episodes take place.

I'm not saying it's impossible that the two-parter will never air. But Dogasu's new "evidence" that "proves" they'll never air is BS.
    Last edited by ObjectionMan; 9th October 2012 at 12:44 PM.
    PTOldMan and Laterna like this.

Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

I must point to "Rougela's Christmas" and "Cold as Iwark!" from Kanto. They were postponed. They aired. Completely unaltered and breaking continuity. There was no disclaimer that said they were airing out of order because there didn't need to be; everyone was expected to know that these episodes were out of order.
    They were inconsequential filler episodes of no importance (my apologies for redundant phrasing). Them airing out of order didn't hurt a thing because they didn't effect the storyline none and the Kanto days were just wacky to begin with.
    This two parter was Team Plasma's grand debut and maybe even would've effected other storylines (skipping them shouldn't have caused SO many fillers...)

I'm sorry, but these new clues are the final nail in the coffin for this two parter, as well as TP showing up in the Anime all together
    Last edited by SammyW27; 9th October 2012 at 07:35 PM.
    PockyAddict likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ObjectionMan View Post
    I'm not saying it's impossible that the two-parter will never air. But Dogasu's new "evidence" that "proves" they'll never air is BS.
    Oh just give it up already. It's been over 1.5 years and the anime is fast on track to forget about Gen 5 in favor of Gen 6 hyping; those episodes will probably never air.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Chile, I also gave up hope that those episodes were gonna air too. All I can hope is that team plasma's debut could be just one of those late debuts.

Either way, I'll respect the anime creator's decision not to. Although I would have loved to see plasma in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    They were inconsequential filler episodes of no importance (my apologies for redundant phrasing). Them airing out of order didn't hurt a thing because they didn't effect the storyline none and the Kanto days were just wacky to begin with.
    Yeah, the Kanto days were not "wacky" enough to suddenly have Ash's Charizard suddenly be a Charmander again with no explaination. Isn't that affecting the storyline, seeing as the fact that it was a Charizard and disobediant to Ash a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    Oh just give it up already. It's been over 1.5 years and the anime is fast on track to forget about Gen 5 in favor of Gen 6 hyping; those episodes will probably never air.
    I'm sorry, but can I ask some requests of you?

- Show me evidence that the anime staff promised the episodes would air before 1.5 years passed, or promised they'd air in ANY specific time for that matter. Because last I check, they promised they'd air at a later date, which could mean anytime up to after BW is finished.

- Show me evidence that the episodes were ever going to be planned to be retconned to fit into later continuity like Dogasu claims.

- Show me evidence that the anime is forgetting about Gen 5 to hype Gen 6. Hell, show me info on Gen 6 period. I'd like to see it.

Basically, show me anything showing they've been cancelled other than "IT'S TAKING SO LONG AND THEY'RE NOT AIRING; THEY MUST BE CANCELLED!" Since that seems to be the only thing anyone ever saying we'll never see those episodes back themselves up with.
    Last edited by ObjectionMan; 9th October 2012 at 08:31 PM.
    PTOldMan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    Yeah, the Kanto days were not "wacky" enough to suddenly have Ash's Charizard suddenly be a Charmander again with no explaination. Isn't that affecting the storyline, seeing as the fact that it was a Charizard and disobediant to Ash a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    I'm sorry, but can I ask some requests of you?

- Show me evidence that the anime staff promised the episodes would air before 1.5 years passed, or promised they'd air in ANY specific time for that matter. Because last I check, they promised they'd air at a later date, which could mean anytime up to after BW is finished.

- Show me evidence that the episodes were ever going to be planned to be retconned to fit into later continuity like Dogasu claims.

- Show me evidence that the anime is forgetting about Gen 5 to hype Gen 6. Hell, show me info on Gen 6 period. I'd like to see it.

Basically, show me anything showing they've been cancelled other than "IT'S TAKING SO LONG AND THEY'RE NOT AIRING; THEY MUST BE CANCELLED!" Since that seems to be the only thing anyone ever saying we'll never see those episodes back themselves up with.
    .......Unova's done. The Unova league should be up in december, while it supposed to end in January. After this, Ash have to leave Unova.
    That's all, it's too late to show those episodes, and it's best that ALL of Japan forget about it and move on. PROMISES CAN BE BROKEN!!!
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

I need no evidence; it's common sense. The longer time goes on, the less the writers will be inclined to trying to bring back a long-gone plot that will just get easier and easier to ignore in favor of new ones. Oh, and on second thought it won't just be 1.5 years; it'll be over 2. By the time the League ends and there will be even the *slightest* inclination to bring back the episodes, we'll be near March and the 2nd anniversary of the very disaster that got them canceled out of sensitivity in the first place. ...No comment on the idea of them airing after BW is finished.

Why are you asking me this? Retcon or no retcon, it seems like the episodes won't air period.

Oh boy, time for round #2671 of Gen 6 discussion/arguing *ding*! As I mentioned earlier, we are steadfastly approaching the League. Additionally, Meloetta and its theoretical movie were tossed away as Genesect was mysteriously revealed far in advance of the proper time. Given past League air times and the recent confirmation that Masuda plans things out with the movie and anime producers; these can only mean one thing: Gen 6 will be announced next February, the next movie will begin advertising it, and new games will come in September. At that point I doubt the writers would be concerned with focusing on old content that was never even introduced.

See Dogasu's humongous article. There's no way I can try saying more than it.
    SammyW27 and martianmister like this.

Plus, I'm seeing that TVTokyo removing that comment once Gen6 is released for the 3DS.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥Lady Marie♥ View Post
    i found this:Pocket Monsters Comic Strips

I agree with your assessement about this comic. -_- It looks lame as heck and kinda boring.
    It is. Platypus Comics did a whole article on that comic. My Pokémon drawings are better than that, and it's clear the writers just didn't give a crap.
    PockyAddict likes this.

Well, I guess that's that with the Team Rocket Vs. Team Plasma 2-parter. Even I was seeing this coming, as the Tohoku cataclysm's effects were very far-reaching throughout the franchise and the anime industry as a whole. I'm enjoying Pokémon Black and White 2 so far, and I am satisfied with the end of the Meloetta story and Team Rocket's story. After all, it was just two episodes out of over 750. To put that in perspective, most kid's shows generally don't get to 750 episodes. Be that as it may, it's not that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

show me anything showing they've been cancelled other than "IT'S TAKING SO LONG AND THEY'RE NOT AIRING; THEY MUST BE CANCELLED!" Since that seems to be the only thing anyone ever saying we'll never see those episodes back themselves up with.

Okay, how about "A NATIONAL TRAGEDY THAT CAUSED SO MUCH DEATH, DESTRUCTION AND SADNESS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN A STORYLINE IN A CARTOON BASED ON KIDS' GAMES WILL EVER BE!"

That sound better?

LinkBacks (?)

1. 2nd February 2013, 05:32 PM
  2. 2nd February 2013, 05:11 PM