Dogasu's Backpack Discussion - Page 11

Page 11 of 145 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 2164
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

  1. #151
    A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Nowhere special
    Posts
    17,517
    Blog Entries
    273

    Default

    Given that the whole ship seemed to be a Rocket plot to begin with, I don't think hijacking would have been involved. Hard to hijack something you already own.

  2. #152
    ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    9,842
    Blog Entries
    24
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

    Default

    I dunno about that. If the ship was owned by the Rocket-Dan, don't you think the captain would be in on it?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

    | My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

  3. #153
    A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Nowhere special
    Posts
    17,517
    Blog Entries
    273

    Default

    And who says he wasn't? I didn't see him fighting...

    Or alternately they could have been planning to take him too.

    I assume it was theirs because it seems like an awful lot of work for an operation run by the two of them to get all those agents on board. Certainly real life organizations could manage it, but on the other hand they also don't have officers like J&J.

  4. #154
    Away from Collective AtoMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gdansk, Poland
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedle Mchairybug View Post
    (...) this week's episode of "Heroes"(...)
    Hiro: "Pikachu?"

    I lul'd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I dunno about that. If the ship was owned by the Rocket-Dan, don't you think the captain would be in on it?
    Captain didn't look very smart to me... It's possible he didn't know about the "operation".

  5. #155
    ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    9,842
    Blog Entries
    24
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

    Default

    See, the way I see it, the St. Anne was a ship owned by some third party that we don't know about that was hijacked by the Rocket-Dan. I also think that it's pretty likely that Sakaki was the one who organized getting everyone onboard, not Musashi and Kojirou; all the latter did was hand out some tickets and perform their motto. They didn't seem to really be in charge there; we just think they may have been in charge because they're the Rockets we saw the most.

    As for the captain...he probably wasn't fighting because he didn't have any pokemon XP
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

    | My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

  6. #156
    Registered User Adamant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,895

    Default

    That's the way I always understood the plot, too. Hiding on an already established cruise ship and robbing the passengers like that is a lot more efficient than buying an entire ship for the sole purpose of robbing the passengers, which would also get your own name involved, being the owner of the ship and all.
    So.

  7. #157
    A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Nowhere special
    Posts
    17,517
    Blog Entries
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    They didn't seem to really be in charge there; we just think they may have been in charge because they're the Rockets we saw the most.
    And because Giovanni gave them direct orders and not anyone else (notice that the contact point wasn't even on the ship). And every other agent we saw was a grunt, which, at that point anyway, they outranked.


    Also, if Gio owned the ship, he could put on some sort of story about how it was hijacked. I mean, he owned or at least partially owned that theme park, and that was probably public knowledge (given that he's a public figure in addition to his hidden occupation)...but I don't think that would stop him from assigning "random" Team activities there. It's not like the police are smart enough to link the then Viridian Gym Leader to Team Rocket. I mean, someone like Lance *may* know but be unable to prove it publically.

  8. #158
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    Also, if Gio owned the ship, he could put on some sort of story about how it was hijacked. I mean, he owned or at least partially owned that theme park, and that was probably public knowledge (given that he's a public figure in addition to his hidden occupation)...but I don't think that would stop him from assigning "random" Team activities there. It's not like the police are smart enough to link the then Viridian Gym Leader to Team Rocket. I mean, someone like Lance *may* know but be unable to prove it publically.
    Funny thing is, the "Theme Park" seemed to act more like a weapons testing bed than an actual theme park. What, with the majority of the mechaniloid Pokemon actually attacking them? I mean, Charizard seemed to aim for Ash and co. when he let out that fireball, Blastoise attempted to spray the Pokemon castaways with a lethal amount of water (considering it's acceleration and concentrated use, it's power can disintegrate them), and we definitely know without a doubt that it was definitely aiming for the Pokemon, since it heard squirtle (it turned it's head when Squirtle called out to it.), Kabutops looked like it was trying to MOW TR dowm, Rhydon just so happened to reveal itself when Meowth shouted for food, the Robotic Zapdos seemed to attack Ash and Co, Moltres was seen trying to fry TR, and all the three starter evos were chasing the pokemon. The only Mechaniloid who wasn't seen trying to attack the gang at some point or another was Pikachu, which even then, TR, albeit unintentionally, started dragging the giant Pikachu with Kabutops before it could get the chance to attack them.). I mean, theme park attractions (MECHANICAL ones, i mean) don't attack tourists/pedestrians in an effort to try and kill them unless something went haywire in it's programming. In fact, I'm starting to think it wasn't even a theme park at all (the tour guide seemed to be a bit idiotic, since she didn't seem to realize how they seemed to be attacking pedestrians). I mean, just because it has the word "Land" in a places name doesn't mean it's a theme park, I mean, look at Zanzibar Land from the "Metal Gear" series! That was a military installation/country, and not a theme park.

    I mean, he obviously had to be upset at something if it directly impacted his goals (I bet he wouldn't really care if was destroyed if it was only a mere theme park. Heck, he didn't even care when several Blimps were destroyed due to their being old and decrepit, as evidenced in the OI episodes.), So, it makes me think that, knowing his plans to conquer Pokeria, he probably used the Island as an illegal military installation to manufacture Pokemon Mechs comparable to the Metal Gears to unleash them onto Pokeria.

    BTW, that reminds me, they never showed Rhydon and Moltres being among the pokemon mechaniloids when they "died", yet they were hinted at being "killed" when Giovanni got the call, so, how did they get destroyed if they weren't there?

  9. #159
    A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Nowhere special
    Posts
    17,517
    Blog Entries
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedle Mchairybug View Post
    I mean, just because it has the word "Land" in a places name doesn't mean it's a theme park, I mean, look at Zanzibar Land from the "Metal Gear" series! That was a military installation/country, and not a theme park.
    This had a roller coaster and a tour guide. It was a theme park.

    I think they were programmed with attacks so they would fight each other and to serve as a security system. Don't go off the path! Don't walk on the grass! Or else!

  10. #160
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    This had a roller coaster and a tour guide. It was a theme park.

    I think they were programmed with attacks so they would fight each other and to serve as a security system. Don't go off the path! Don't walk on the grass! Or else!
    The problem, though, is that several of those attacks had the power to KILL them, not merely just scare them away. Plus, they seemed to be working together to try and kill them. Even IF it was a security system, they shouldn't have that much power to actually kill a person (as I said, most theme park robots don't have the security rationale to kill a person.)

    Also, that "roller coaster" thing didn't look much like a roller coaster (all it was was a mine cart on tracks, that was activated by a lever by the passengers, and it's "Tracks" were not even complete.) I mean, a rollercoaster, for the most part, contains more than one passenger car, it's activated by operators within the complex, not by a lever in the ride itself that can be activated by the Passengers, and the Track would need to be complete.
    Last edited by Weedle Mchairybug; 2nd October 2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: forgot to add in something

  11. #161
    The village trap. PanicAttack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The UK.
    Posts
    636
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default

    Not all roller coasters have more than one car per train. Also it had a loop iirc. How many mine carts have loops?
    no moar sig 4 u D=<

  12. #162
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebula von Gruen View Post
    Not all roller coasters have more than one car per train. Also it had a loop iirc. How many mine carts have loops?
    Sonic the Hedgehog had Loop-de-loops on roads and even natural cliffs, what's your point? Heck, they even had mine carts being loop-de-loops in Sonic (notably mysterious cave zone in Sonic the Hedgehog 2).

  13. #163
    A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Nowhere special
    Posts
    17,517
    Blog Entries
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedle Mchairybug View Post
    The problem, though, is that several of those attacks had the power to KILL them, not merely just scare them away. Plus, they seemed to be working together to try and kill them. Even IF it was a security system, they shouldn't have that much power to actually kill a person (as I said, most theme park robots don't have the security rationale to kill a person.)
    Well, it *is* backed by a sadistic bastard who abuses his legit fronts *and* his power as a crime lord to get what he, personally, wants. (goddamn, he *is* Lex Luthor!)

    As regarding your other point, the Pokemon world is not Mobius.

  14. #164
    Registered User Adamant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedle Mchairybug View Post
    Heck, he didn't even care when several Blimps were destroyed due to their being old and decrepit, as evidenced in the OI episodes.)
    Those blimps were insured for more than their monitary value. He had no reason to care.
    So.

  15. #165
    LOVED IchibanCon Trainer Lisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    4,779
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Just out of curiosity, what are your top favorite season one episodes, Dogasu?

    I was wondering about that, given the fact you're working on season one comparisons right now (which I plan on reading once I have the time). ^^

Page 11 of 145 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 2nd February 2013, 05:32 PM
  2. 2nd February 2013, 05:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •