Does Krookodile learning Aerial Ace say something about Scraggy's future?

View Poll Results: Does Krookodile "forgetting" Crunch say something about Scraggy?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 10.53%
  • No

17 89.47%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Does Krookodile learning Aerial Ace say something about Scraggy's future?

Blog Entries

Default Does Krookodile learning Aerial Ace say something about Scraggy's future?

Considering in its last match Krookodile “forgot” Crunch for Aerial Ace. It seems to me there is a chance that Scraggy will learn how to use it, evolve and learn it or Ash catches another Pokemon that knows it.

Just comparing how Boldore “forgot” Stone Edge for Rock Blast and then Ash catches Krookodile (before it evolved) and it knew Stone Edge. I guess the thing is not for the same move being used by Ash’s Pokemon. However, for some reason Quick Attack is popular among his Pokemon.

Along with Aerial Ace because now 2 of his non-flying Pokemon know it Quilava and Krookodile.

Another possibility is simply Ash teaching Krookodile Aerial Ace specifically for that match with Stephan and it will go back to using Crunch later?

What do you think?

i kil u

Default Re: Does Krookodile learning Aerial Ace say something about Scraggy's future?

It was a plot device.
    The Network likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acceleration View Post
    Threads like these are what happens when Mark Chang from Fairly OddParents has unprotected sex with bad comedians

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Does Krookodile learning Aerial Ace say something about Scraggy's future?

Ugh. No. Please no.

Making a Pokemon forget a move only to have another Pokemon learn the forgotten move is just a waste of time.

There's over 500 moves, for goodness sake.

No, it just means Ash has a friendly crocodile who doesn't bite people. :>

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There is no solid answer to this question. While it is true that the writers make it so that characters' pokemon don't share the same movesets, it has happened in the past. Both Ash's Krookodile and Cilan's Pansage know Dig. Both Ash's Scraggy and Iris's Excadrill know Focus Blast. Both Ash's Pignite and Iris's Dragonite know Flamethrower. Both Ash's Snivy and Iris's Emolga both know Attract.

Although it is true that Boldore no longer knew Stone Edge after Ash caught his Krokorok, we have to remember that Ash's Palpitoad still knows Hydro Pump after Oshawott learned the move over fifty episodes later. Both pokemon used that move in the Unova League. Ash's Unfezant used Aerial Ace during her battle against Cameron's Riolu just one episode after Krookodile first used the attack.

As much as I would want Scraggy to know a Dark-type move, there is absolutely no evidence suggesting that Scraggy will learn Crunch just because Krookodile forgot the move after it learned Aerial Ace. We just have to wait and see what will happen in future episodes. Ash's Pignite managed to learn Brick Break thirty episodes after it evolved, so there is some chance of Scraggy using a Dark-type move at some point.

8D

This topic brings up a good question I've always had: how do the writers choose which moves to give to which pokemon? Personally, I don't think Krookodile learning Aerial Ace has any effect on Scraggy and the moves Scraggy will use in the future. But it does make me wonder about how the writers choose which moves to give to the pokemon and which moves to take out. Especially since for Krookodile's case, it seemed that Crunch was just too fitting for it, but then it got replaced.

But yeah, Krookodile's move change doesn't really impact Scraggy imo. For whatever reason that I'm wondering, the writers just did what they did to give Krookodile something new and something it can use for the battles it had in the league. As far as Scraggy goes, I do hope that it does learn some sort of dark move in the future. I'm not too sure if Crunch might be it, I personally prefer Faint Attack, but that whole topic can be saved for a different discussion.

The Power of Electricity Jolty94's Avatar
    Follow Jolty94 On Twitter Add Jolty94 on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    There is no solid answer to this question. While it is true that the writers make it so that characters' pokemon don't share the same movesets, it has happened in the past. Both Ash's Krookodile and Cilan's Pansage know Dig. Both Ash's Scraggy and Iris's Excadrill know Focus Blast. Both Ash's Pignite and Iris's Dragonite know Flamethrower. Both Ash's Snivy and Iris's Emolga both know Attract.
    It's probably not even a mistake by having Dragonite and Pignite both know Flamethrower and Excadrill and Scraggy both know Focus Blast. You can't really ponder over that because it's DIFFERENT characters having the same move on maybe one Pokémon that the other may also have. It's not like they're giving both Krookodile and Boldore Stone Edge, on the same Team (Ash') ect...

Quote Originally Posted by Ash6K View Post
    This topic brings up a good question I've always had: how do the writers choose which moves to give to which pokemon? Personally, I don't think Krookodile learning Aerial Ace has any effect on Scraggy and the moves Scraggy will use in the future. But it does make me wonder about how the writers choose which moves to give to the pokemon and which moves to take out. Especially since for Krookodile's case, it seemed that Crunch was just too fitting for it, but then it got replaced.
    I actually wish I knew what the Writers do to think up the characters Teams, and when/how they adapt on them, as a lot of my friends are writers, I love seeing different techniques on character development.

The best moments in the Animé altogether are probably when they surprise us with moves we weren't expecting and they look completely bad ass. As much as in some ways I disagree with Pokémon learning moves off screen; in some ways I can also take the hit of that because it's more exciting. Especially for something like Pansage/Excadrill, not so much Ash's team, that would just annoy me, lol.
    Last edited by Karamazov; 30th December 2012 at 10:10 AM.
    N is finished yet.

Blog Entries

@AmpharosKing Good point, it’s usually how it is. I guess since Ash has Pokemon in rotation the writers are bending the rules a bit. You know how Dawn and Iris both have electric types and Cilan? None of their Pokemon knows the same electric moves as Pikachu. Probably why Stunfisk only knows Thundershock…

Though Discharge seems to be the staple move for cute electric types (specially the electric squirrels) that the girls have with them. I see what you mean with Dig, if I remember I think Cilan’s Dweeble used to know or use Dig in its debut episode or it was those bully Dweeble that used it can't remember. Not to mention that Excadrill knows it.

Oshawott knowing Hydro Pump was probably fueled not only by the dire situation they were in with the Onix but because it had to be able to use a move to even have a chance at holding up against Dawn’s Piplup.

@Ash6k oh yeah, I know what you mean. Its just these kinds of things are fun to think about because you just never know. Payback would be a cool move to see in the anime. Haha, somehow to me it seems like the perfect move for Scraggy to learn. Like for example, if it and Axew ever have another battle and it gets hit hard with Giga Impact or something I can totally see it using a move like Payback on Axew while it has to recharge (well considering BW pretty much eliminated that concept after a recharge attack I can't be too sure...)

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think that your theory's pretty sound, but the oppposition is too. However, I don't want to see Crunch on Scraggy's moveset, because a) it's teeth are pretty pathetic and b) the only things you can do with Crunch are bite down on attacks, slightly hurt opponents or throw them, which would make for quite boring battles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMouse View Post
    I think that your theory's pretty sound, but the oppposition is too. However, I don't want to see Crunch on Scraggy's moveset, because a) it's teeth are pretty pathetic and b) the only things you can do with Crunch are bite down on attacks, slightly hurt opponents or throw them, which would make for quite boring battles.
    Yeah, I know there is really no right or wrong for now anyway. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I see your point and relating Scraggy's teeth to another of Ash's team Leavanny. I remember in its 1st form it knew Bug Bite but that was soon forgotten after evolution. Mainly because its 2nd and 3rd form isn't seen to have teeth well at least I haven't noticed any.

Oh yeah, if Scraggy did learn Crunch I'd wager it would be after evolving since its evolved form has the same set of teeth but bigger mouth. Who knows maybe Head Smash will appear??

But that's another subject.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

I reckon Krookodile might pull a Pansage and still use Crunch from time to time like Pansage is doing with Bite. I really don't think this will affect Scraggy in any way.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Um, I'm going to have to go with no. I don't think just because Krookodile "forgot" Crunch, it means that Scraggy will be getting that move. Moves aren't like toys that get passed from one Pokemon to the other. I'll be disappointed if Scraggy learns an old move instead of showcasing one of the many new available moves.

Gotta admit, Scraggy would look hilarious trying to use Crunch, even though I highly doubt he'll get the move.
    Paulisthebest likes this.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Probably not but anything is possible.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

I believe Faint Attack would fit Scraggy better than Crunch. He's a baby, so his teeths aren't that sharp yet. However, he has power enough to knock other pokés with his arms, head or knee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast