Does the anime give Pokemon a bad reputation? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Does the anime give Pokemon a bad reputation?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Does the anime give Pokemon a bad reputation?

I'm not sure it makes a difference really.

For example if the anime never existed, the games would just be viewed as one of Nintendo's franchises, just a set of RPG games where you battle with monsters.

Blog Entries

The anime and the games and the entire franchise are aimed at kids. Not a bad thing.

I do not believe the anime gives the franchise a bad rep. I believe exactly the opposite.

As stated in the post above, the anime helped launch the franchise from just a popular video game into one of the most popular media franchises in history. Without the anime, I'm betting the Pokemon phenomenon that has lasted since the mid-90's would not have seen such longevity and popularity.
    Last edited by Legacy; 14th January 2013 at 12:02 AM.

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

To an extent, yes. The constant use of silly filler and throw away of continuity really doesn't help. Mind you, I personally feel the anime got a hell lot better after Jouto. AG and DP are superior to the OS in my eyes. But ignoring all that has happaned and not using material from the source to it's fullest really gives a bad image. All the times this writers could've used characters or ideas from the games and they don't in favour of made up OC's and BS no one gives a damn about. The pseudo-reset of Ash and Pikachu. None of it helps. BW is where it has treaded into the realm of plain absurdity.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let's put it this way, despite the anime always existing, the games have continued to break sales records and each game sells millions of copies.

So anyone who thinks the anime is somehow preventing the games from selling is craaaaazy. :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Let's put it this way, despite the anime always existing, the games have continued to break sales records and each game sells millions of copies.

So anyone who thinks the anime is somehow preventing the games from selling is craaaaazy. :D
    In fact, the anime existing probably pushes game sales up a bit. How many of those people who decided Pokemon as a franchise sucked because they didn't like the anime would even care about the games if they hadn't been exposed to the anime, anyway?

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

Because the games are genuinely enjoyable, and really good. People realize that. I know far more people who are into the games than the anime nowadays. I say to an extent for a reason, the anime, at least in America, isn't considered the same way it was considered during the AG-DP days and specially not how it was considered during the OS/Jouto days by people. But the way the anime has been handled really doesn't help it much. It'll always have an audience because it's all there is animation-wise for this franchise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123