Does the anime give Pokemon a bad reputation? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does the anime give Pokemon a bad reputation?

Default Re: Does the anime give Pokemon a bad reputation?

Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    Ash not improving his skill at all makes the grown up fans quit the Anime,
    The anime isn't aimed at any of us. If grown up fans quit the show it's no big deal.

and after sometimes, they will eventually quit the Games.
    They'd eventually quit the games because they got tired of the anime? Or just they'll eventually get tired of the games too?

Either way, older fans quitting this isn't a big deal either. The games are mostly seen as being aimed at children even though they really aren't.

This is bad for the Game's reputation. And also the parents may have a negative view on the Anime, thinking that its leading their kids to be a stupid, and also it may affect the parent's view on the Game, it will also affect the sales of the Game.
    That's just a small minority of people it's nothing to worry about.

The Game also affects the Anime's reputation. The game's turn-by-turn basis is getting old, its getting Lame as I have played the games for 10 years, I can say that its LAME for sure. There should be a more advanced gameplay for Pokemon, a brand new one, like how Final fantasy changed their battle system from turn-by-turn to the Active Time Battle System in FF13, Its a big surprise for me.

(My point is not that Pokemon must use ATB system, I mean that FF learned to change, so must Pokemon.)
    They have no reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    the Anime is comparable to the Chevrolet Vega, the Ford Pinto, the runaway Toyotas, the Yugo and other failures that have tarnished well respected brands.
    Except the Pokemon anime isn't a failure.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Yes, it does. Some people I know think of the games as being childish even though they're not, but they're just thinking that because of the anime. If the anime wasn't around, I doubt the games would be seen as as childish by the non-fans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Either way, older fans quitting this isn't a big deal either. The games are mostly seen as being aimed at children even though they really aren't.
    @Musashi, I thought thaqt the games are aimed at children like the anime is. I also thought that the anime and games could be watched for all people of all ages (almost all people) ut his target audience of them are children. I also think that Special is for the older part of the game target and the Pikachu shorts are for the younjger part of the game target and the part that is too younger to play any games.

I am the Aqua Rabbit. CamyPSyrup's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No, I do not feel that the show is giving the games a bad rep. People who feel this way really need to stop and just accept the fact that the show is aimed at children; that's how it always has been, that's how it always will be.

I feel like those who are so embarrassed by this fact shouldn't be because if you love something, other people's opinions shouldn't matter.

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kinda did with the whole porygon and Jynx deallies just saying
    Nyanners is love. Nyanners is life.

Anything without death violence and sex is kiddie.....society itself has the bad rep. Pokemon is just a family friendly series.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The anime debuted in the West before the games did, so many people judged the franchise by the anime and compared it to the games. (think of all the kids naming their character "Ash" in Gen I) The anime was, and maybe still is, the most visible form of Pokemon. It's easier to turn on a TV if you have basic cable than go out and buy a video game. Pokemon was clearly marketed toward children back in the '90s, although with most original fans growing up it's become something more "geeky" than "childish."

Today, the anime and lots of merchandise are clearly aimed at kids, even though many adults like it too. The games are a bit less childish, especially since Gen V, and can be enjoyed by all ages. They're kind of like Disney movies or many superhero comics: appropriate for children, but enjoyable by adults. The anime usually takes the kiddy angle a bit further, barring the movies and a few episodes.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    Yes, it does. Some people I know think of the games as being childish even though they're not, but they're just thinking that because of the anime. If the anime wasn't around, I doubt the games would be seen as as childish by the non-fans.
    I'm not going to lie. If the anime hadn't been around, then maybe the games could have been regarded as somewhat more mature - not some kiddy thing for toddlers who barely know their ABCs.
    The Rainmaker

A lot of them probably haven't really given the Pokemon Games a go and just assume it's childish. Personal opinions I guess. But for the Anime causing a bad rep, in some ways I think it kinda does. The anime probably gives a bad impression to viewers and just assume the rest of the franchise is just the same.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

To an extent, yes it does.

Yes, we know it's a kids franchise, but sometimes, the anime can be rather immature in comparison to the games, especially since it appears to have a lower target audience than the games and manga do, even then, the anime could act a bit more mature than it has in the past.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Maybe if the anime had a proper dub it wouldn't get such a bad rep.

The anime is fine. Best Wishes is leaving a bad taste im my mouth compared to the other sagas so hopefully they will never do kanto rehashes like that again.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 18th January 2013 at 02:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

The Pokemon anime has its own reputation. If it does something bad, then it's only hurting itself, and not the franchise as a whole.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

I can't even begin to recount the number of people I've met who think the games are based on the anime. Combined with the all-around poor execution of the show, I'd say yes, it makes the games look bad.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    Personally, I think the game does more to hurt the Anime then the Anime does to hurt the Game.

Most criticisms I pick up on is like "Why doesn't *insert random game detail* occur in/work like it does in the Anime like it does in the game?"
    People tend to obsess with how the game works that they can't understand why the anime doesn't more closely follow the game,
    Even though most details in the game are only present because of the Limitations of the game system.
    Exactly my problem with one of the complaints brought up about the anime. Who wants to see a battle between a lv.100 and a lv.40 in the anime? without the levels it's less predictable to see who will win based on training experience and using different strategies also interesting.

And for my answer for the thread, I always get the impression that anything that isn't seen as "mature" or "dark and edgy" is bad which the Anime (mostly) and the franchise in general has that stigma. Also I always thought most of the hate from the anime comes from on how it's compared to the manga. Arceus forbid you make the mistake of calling Ash 'Red' (although it's understandable since they're based on the Gen I protagonist).
    My DA account =>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast