Do you wish Ash would bring in his Pokemon from older regions from time to time? - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Do you wish Ash would bring in his Pokemon from older regions from time to time?

Blog Entries

Follow gryffindor1991 on Tumblr

Default re: Do you wish Ash would bring in his Pokemon from older regions from time to time?

Quote Originally Posted by SkinheadontheMBTA View Post
    Maybe Max will turn up with his Ralts.
    That would be cool, but sadly I don't see that happening. Only because if Ash is still 10, Max would still be 7. So he's still not old enough.
    djulienr and Shadow Victini like this.
    3ds FC: 3454-1523-2870
    Pokemon X ign: Joe
    Dark friend safari

Default re: Do you wish Ash would bring in his Pokemon from older regions from time to time?

I think Ash is catching way to many Pokemon way to fast in BW. He already has, what, ten Pokemon? How is each of them supposed to get equal training if he only keeps six with him at a time?

Default Re: Do you wish Ash would bring in his Pokemon from older regions from time to time?

Personally, I feel that Satoshi's training of his Pokemon in Isshu has been pretty much non-existent. Remember in DP how many episodes would open with him having practice battles with his Pokemon, or how hard he trained his Naetle to use Energy Ball and Mukubird to use Brave Bird. None of that here, we've had almost no episodes which have been dedicated to his training Pokemon (in fact, the only cases I can remember are when he was training Mijumaru and Pokabu for the rematch against Aloe and when Mijumaru lost the Scalchop). In fact, the only one of his Pokemon that seems to have had any kind of decent training is Zuruggu.

Going back to learning moves... another thing that has ticked me off about BW is the fact that it seems all you have to do to teach a Pokemon a new move is to simply call for it. Dent has done this twice so far (with Rock Slide and Rock Tomb) and Satoshi has shown it during Gym Battles (the most recent one where Hatoboh seemed to magically pick up Wing Attack, which it shouldn't have even known). BW has been a joke when it comes to training, and since it seems Satoshi will only use Isshu Pokemon in this league then I would expect him to be knocked out the first round. Instead, he'll probably luck his way to the QFs at least.
    Blazing Charmander likes this.

Default Re: Do you wish Ash would bring in his Pokemon from older regions from time to time?

Without Ash starting fresh sans Pikachu each generation, it would leave very little room for fresh ideas and new opportunities, or good entertainment for the fans. Ash could very well just spam Charizard, but what the fuck would that give him and the fans? *Yawns*

I do wish that we see more of his Pokemon for Leagues and tournaments yes, but it's good to focus on pokemon for the newer generation, since the older did have their chance to shine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Unovian View Post
    Kanto to Johto was the best. When he arrived in Johto he didn't dump all his Pokes but slowly got rid off them while at the same time catching new ones
    That was the worst thing they ever did. Ash's Kanto pokemon came into Johto but he just got rid of them early on anyway, so what was the point? Bulbasaur never even got a Gym in Johto, so what was it there for?
    Actually, it was exactly how Ash should've handled every post-Kanto region. Every time he entered a new region without at least half a full team, something bad happened to him (and each time involving Pikachu) which he could've dealt with more effectively with additional support. The best thing for him to do is to phase out his veterans one at a time while the rookies gain more experience. Otherwise, there's too much of a chance for him to get completely overwhelmed.

Of course, since TPTB seem to have almost completely erased Ash's pre-Unova backstory, I don't anticipate seeing any of his old Pokes anytime soon.
    djulienr likes this.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

This Space For Rent DynoStretch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMan View Post
    Actually, it was exactly how Ash should've handled every post-Kanto region. Every time he entered a new region without at least half a full team, something bad happened to him (and each time involving Pikachu) which he could've dealt with more effectively with additional support. The best thing for him to do is to phase out his veterans one at a time while the rookies gain more experience. Otherwise, there's too much of a chance for him to get completely overwhelmed.
    Exactly. Ash not bringing his older Pokemon may be to challenge and force himself to improve his skills, but it also paints him as too dumb to live. Anyone recall when Pikachu and Axew were kidnapped by Team Rocket, and his Pidove had been knocked out? Team Rocket made their getaway, and Ash was helpless to do anything to stop them until Oshawott came in to help. Had it not been for Oshawott, Ash would had basically lost Pikachu. Also recall that pre-Elesa battle episode where Ash had to battle Bianca's asshat of a father with his career as a trainer on the line. He used a fresh capture and lost badly. And again, if it hadn't been for dad having a random change of heart, he would have had to go back home.

Ash doing his "fresh-start" philosophy tends to bite him in the ass often, as he doesn't realize that not everyone in the world wants to play and have friendly spar matches with him, some want to steal his Pokemon, or even kill him.

What a good trainer should do is when going to a new region, bring in either a full team or at least two or three of their older captures, use them to catch new Pokemon, then gradually swap the old ones for the new ones as they go along when they get strong enough. Bringing along his older Pokemon wouldn't be to just smash his way through the gyms, but rather for survival. Heck he could even use his older captures to help his newer ones train. I would imagine Torterra and Corphish would be better sparring partners then Iris' diapers-wearing Axew.

Sadly, thanks to advertising reasons, this can never happen. Curse you, Nintendo marketing!! You'll be the death of trainers everywhere!!

And while I'm at it, curse you EA Games marketing!! ....not related to the topic or anything, I just felt the need to curse them out.
    djulienr and DracoMan like this.
    The White Supremacy Alliance

- Shogun - Watt - Dharuma - Ectoplasm - Ragnorok - Balrog -

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

That's exactly the kind of stuff I'd like to see. Seriously, Trip needs a bitter taste from Ash's Charizard

I think he really should bring them in more often because
    1. It would help him out a lot.
    2. Iris/Trip would stop making fun of him.
    3. He would surprise everyone.
    4. I'm sure they all miss him. Like, even if he doesn't bring them for a reason he should still change them all once in a while so he could see them more often. And for Charizard, Squirtle, Ambipom, Pidgeot, and Primape, he could always have Pro. Oak go get them and transport them for a day. Part of me always wishes that Butterfree and Lapras would migrate to Unova, find Ash and stay with him (pink butterfree included), and that Larvitar would be given to him randomly even though that would all seem ridiculous but thats off topic.

The point is he should defenatley bring them to him more often. :)
    Fav Ships: PalletShipping AdvancedShipping CafeMochaShipping PearlShipping ComaShipping CollideShipping RespectShipping

I wish he'd bring Totodile back....

I think that Ash chooses to not bring any of his old Pokemon with him because it brings forth more of a challenge for him in new regions. If he had, Pokemon like Charizard would dominate every battle. It also shows that Ash is a better trainer. He doesn't have to bring all of his previous Pokemon with him to succeed.

I only wish for him to bring Gible. He caught him almost at end of Sinnoh and only used him for Draco Meteor training before the league. He could have brought him like he did with Aipom. Even tho Aipom was brought cuz of his evolution but still. Having a Garchomp in Unova would make your enemies surrender x).

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Totodile57263 View Post
    I wish he'd bring Totodile back....

I think that Ash chooses to not bring any of his old Pokemon with him because it brings forth more of a challenge for him in new regions. If he had, Pokemon like Charizard would dominate every battle. It also shows that Ash is a better trainer. He doesn't have to bring all of his previous Pokemon with him to succeed.
    Yeah - and not only that, it will give Ash a huge boost in both his ability as a trainer AND his already-over-confidence.

At least he wouldn't look stupid with his old pokemons. We all remember the glory of Ash and his golden team - he knew what he was doing and did a great job in training his pokemon - they all trust him and none of them are useless. Heck, even all 30 of his Tauros are awesome.

Follow jman21 On Twitter

I agree. I'm tired of Iris putting him down all the time by calling him a little kid of all things, and trip acting like he's a stupid noob trainer. Introduce them to Charizard, Heracross, Sceptile and infernape and they'd shut the heck up.
    Gengarzilla likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Totodile57263 View Post
    The problem is that he doesn't seem to realize that there's a difference between challenging himself and screwing himself, which is what he frequently does.

I still consider this to be tactically stupid on Ash's part, with all the crap that happens to him no matter where he goes. Hell, if I were him, I wouldn't go to the market without a full team on my belt, much less into terra incognita.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

I really don't see why won't they make Ash use his old Pokemon more often.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He definitely should. Using reserves from time to time adds to Ash credibility as trainer, compared to low image Trip and others in Unova formed out of him. It actually brigs more continuity to anime,with Ash past achievements and regions he traveled through being references more in that way reminding viewers how pokemon is treated as entity and not individual fraction which erase everything which happened in past.

It would be nice if we could see old favorites like Charizard, Sceptile, Torterra, Gliscord or Bulbasaur coming back. Some of them definitely never had chance to be used to full potential like poor Kingler or Muk.

I actually preferred concept which writers tried out with Ash team in Johto. They transferred him to next region keeping older pokemon , while gradually replacing them for new ones. Idea looked good on paper,but it was unfortunately badly executed with Johto pokemon ending up shafted. But that was more because writers were trying it out for first time not knowing how to handle it right at that time.

Since than writing improved and im sure things would be played out much different nowadays if Ash brought older pokemon with him to next generation, gradually adding new ones and developing from there.

Starting out fresh with Pikachu only lowers his potential as trainer, portrays him as inexperienced rookie struggling against trainers which he could normally beat without much effort and doesnt help him advancing goal of becoming pokemon master that much.

Using only new pokemon is nice and all,but given how they are all inexperienced with Ash starting from scratch with them doesnt provide him back up plan to rely on. Something which could help him to get out of unfavorable situations when starting out, and when rookie pokemon still arent trained enough for bigger challenges.

I for once would be interested in Ash having trained pokemon on his side putting him in light of more experienced trainer, instead of rinse and repeat we experience in every new region having his ass kicked by trainers which are objectively league below him.

So yes, i fully support that older pokemon come back from time to time getting chance to shine as well. Several of them could use more development not being given fair chance.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast