Do you wish Ash would bring in his Pokemon from older regions from time to time?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you wish Ash would bring in his Pokemon from older regions from time to time?

Default Do you wish Ash would bring in his Pokemon from older regions from time to time?

Do you think that Ash (a.k.a creators of anime) are really wrong for leaving his pokemon? I mean he gets humiliated so much in B&W. If he would just pick up his Torterra, Infernape, Sceptile, Donphan, Heracross, etc. and show them to Iris (Mainly cause she thinks or thought that he is a kid who doesn't know anything). And I mean common he was so stupid at first episodes on B&W. I watched first episode of B&W when his Pikachu got owned by a beginner Snivy. That would be impossible cause Pikachu has been fighting 100 times more then Trip's Snivy. And really he had so many opportunities to catch legendary (Lugia at Orange Islands, Latias, Suicune, Deoxys, Darkrai, Giratina, etc.) and he never did it. He never wants to evolve his Pokemon thinking that they are stronger without it (this may be invalid since they do evolve when they want). He should also have brought Gible with him cause he didn't get almost any screen time but the Draco Meteor training and the League which is really sad since if he evolved into Gabite it would be awesome. I won't start talking about Ash's power if he gets a Garchomp. He wants to be a Pokemon Master but he can't beat a beginner trainer (Trip).

Anyway, What are your opinions on Ash's methods of becoming a "Master".

Blog Entries

Default re: Do you wish Ash would bring in his Pokemon from older regions from time to time?

It could be easily argued the reverse is just as important - starting each region fresh and training up a set of Pokemon that can defeat 8 gym leaders demonstrates his ability as a trainer more than if he was still dragging Squirtle around. The new Pokemon with different traits, abilities, skills and power levels all require Ash to improve his ability as a trainer.

You could therefore also argue the extent to which Pikachu is his fallback shows that he has a lot more to do to achieve that goal - but I don't think in and of itself starting again each region is wrong.

The first battle with Trip was a result of Pikachu being thrown off his power - it was clear he exhausted himself trying to volt tackle - which is ultimately what led to his defeat. I think that's circumstance more than an example of stupidity - there's plenty of examples of that to go around.

More generally as well, Ash sees strength through the idea of friendship - that was the whole point of his rivalry with Paul. Ash doesn't consider the raw strength of his Pokemon to be an issue - legendaries certainly don't fit that mould.

As a practical reason - it's so the writers avoid the Charizard problem of early Johto. If Ash did just bring in his reserves every time it got tough, things would be boring, and it would lose the special nature of it when it does occur (the last battle in the Battle Frontier for example).

Default re: Do you wish Ash would bring in his Pokemon from older regions from time to time?

But still they made him so new in B&W. Like with Nurse Joy he asked did she get transferred from that town. I mean seriously. I know this is much to ask for the creators but they really didn't have to made him so new that he doesn't know the crucial rules. Atleast he can mention that he was competing in Kanto, Orange, Johto, Hoenn, Battle Frontier, Sinnoh.

Blog Entries

How can someone criticise Ash's methods of "becoming a master" when we don't even know what a master is or how someone even becomes one?

I certainly don't have any issues with his methods of training.

Ash isn't wrong for leaving his Pokemon behind when going to a new region. As a matter fact, it is that method that has allowed him to accumulate so many strong Pokemon and it was with those Pokemon that he became, for all intents and purpose, the strongest trainer at the Sinnoh League. His older Pokemon would've gotten in the way of the development of his newer Pokemon, too.

Why would he get all his older Pokemon and flaunt around how strong he is? That would be out of character for Ash. Not to mention that Iris has never called him a kid over the Pokemon he catches and trains. He's got nothing to prove to her.

Ash doesn't prevent his Pokemon from evolving, either. In fact, he's quite happy for them to do so if they want to. Remember that he carried around that Thunderstone all that time in case Pikachu ever wanted to, and he let Gilgar evolve once it proved itself capable in a battle. He never puts pressure on his Pokemon to evolve. It's not a case of him thinking that they don't need it, but a case of letting the Pokemon make its own decision. If the Pokemon feels it doesn't need evolution, he's happy to work with that.

Besides, this anime has shown us time and again that fully evolved Pokemon can be defeated by unevolved Pokemon. It's obviously not an issue for any trainer.

Could he train more with certain Pokemon? Of course he can. But this is not an issue with his character and more of an issue with the writing for the show being poor. Everything else I mentioned I don't consider issues with his character or bad writing.

I never questioned his training method. In-fact I like his method. I'm just saying if he ever wants to be a Pokemon Master (Or Pokemon Champion which is almost the same) he has to catch some legendary Pokemons cause he had like 100 chances to catch a legendary. He also didn't have to release his Pokemon. I know that he wants best for his Pokemon but really isn't Charizard now the strongest of Charizard's in Charisific Valley? Now I know the creators don't want to give him a powerful Pokemon like that but I'm saying from a realistic point of view.

I wish he did rotate his old pokemon for mini-tournaments or something. Not like we'll ever see most of them again.

Same here. Wonder how amazed the crowd would be when they see Torterra or Infernape.

追放されたバカ

I can't see his Unova team realistically even by anime standards doing very well in the Pokemon League, so either we're striking another parallel with Kanto where Ash's poor team actually does quite badly. I always thought Ash came top 8 so could have been around 5th overall in Kanto, read the other day that it was actually 9-16th.

Would be cool if Ritchie came back in Unova, to parallel Kanto further and have Ash lose to someone using the same Pokemon as him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrossword View Post
    I never questioned his training method. In-fact I like his method. I'm just saying if he ever wants to be a Pokemon Master (Or Pokemon Champion which is almost the same) he has to catch some legendary Pokemons cause he had like 100 chances to catch a legendary. He also didn't have to release his Pokemon. I know that he wants best for his Pokemon but really isn't Charizard now the strongest of Charizard's in Charisific Valley? Now I know the creators don't want to give him a powerful Pokemon like that but I'm saying from a realistic point of view.
    Again, we don't know what a Pokemon Master is. You cannot state "he needs to catch legendaries to become one" as a fact, because it's not. The anime has always showed us that catching legendary Pokemon is an impossible task without the aid of technology. Even the strongest of Pokemon are swept aside by legendary Pokemon. So you cannot realistically say that a requirement for being a Pokemon Master is to capture a legendary. The idea that Ash could've caught one is absurd.

You obviously aren't reading. It was a typo. And what do you mean you can't catch legendary? Tobias has a Darkrai Entei and a Latias. Anyway Pokemon Master is for surely Champion of every region. I am sorry for making a typing mistake I never meant to say that if he wants to become master he has to catch legendary. And he will never become master if he again loses against a beginner trainer. So what if Pikachu couldn't use Electric attacks? It has Iron tail, Quick Attack, Tackle etc.

Blog Entries

You obviously aren't reading. It was a typo.
    What?

I'm just saying if he ever wants to be a Pokemon Master (Or Pokemon Champion which is almost the same) he has to catch some legendary Pokemons cause he had like 100 chances to catch a legendary.
    That's a pretty big typo.

And what do you mean you can't catch legendary? Tobias has a Darkrai Entei and a Latias. Anyway Pokemon Master is for surely Champion of every region. I am sorry for making a typing mistake I never meant to say that if he wants to become master he has to catch legendary.
    Entei...?

The thing is, we've never seen how he caught those legendaries. How can we be sure he legitimately captured them? How do we know he didn't have some sort of help, or used some sort of technology? Same for Brandan and his Regi's, too.

If a Pokemon Master is the champion of every region, than how come Cynthia doesn't have a legendary? How about Lance, Wallace, Steven and Alder? Nope. None of them have legendary Pokemon.

And he will never become master if he again loses against a beginner trainer. So what if Pikachu couldn't use Electric attacks? It has Iron tail, Quick Attack, Tackle etc.
    Let's completely disregard the trainers Ash has beaten. One flukey, bullshit defeat against a rookie does not suddenly make the victories over gym leaders, frontier brains and other rivals like Gary and Paul meaningless.

Are you blind or something? I said I was wrong about the legendary Pokemon and being a Master.. And Lance and Cynthia have a pseudo legendary so your comment is invalid. And we still don't know which Pokemon Alder has. Or as far as I'm aware. Those Pokemon he has in-game don't have to be in the anime. Only Pokemon we seen that he has (or atleast the Pokemon I saw) was Bouffalant. And Tobias having a Entei is a guess. When you look at the opening of Sinnoh League Victors you can see Ash's Pokemon battling a Entei. And again how do you know that It's impossible to catch a legendary? I mean did you ever see someone saying It's impossible? If someone doesn't have a Legendary It's cause they're rare and not cause It's impossible. Now I don't know where Tobias got his Darkrai and Latios but I'm pretty sure he caught them the right way.

Blog Entries

Are you blind or something? I said I was wrong about the legendary Pokemon and being a Master..
    I'm just saying if he ever wants to be a Pokemon Master (Or Pokemon Champion which is almost the same) he has to catch some legendary Pokemons cause he had like 100 chances to catch a legendary.
    So you never meant to type that and use it as part of your argument, right?

And Lance and Cynthia have a pseudo legendary so your comment is invalid.
    That's poor logic and does not make my comment invalid at all. Psuedo-legendaries are quite obviously not the same as a Legendary Pokemon, and to use a term the anime has never used when we're discussing the anime makes no sense whatsoever.

And we still don't know which Pokemon Alder has. Or as far as I'm aware. Those Pokemon he has in-game don't have to be in the anime. Only Pokemon we seen that he has (or atleast the Pokemon I saw) was Bouffalant.
    And yet every Pokemon we've seen a Champion use in the anime is one he/she owns in the games. There are no secrets here. If they had legendaries the anime would have shown us that they had him, because it's a big deal. Instead, we just see their "trademark" Pokemon from the games.

Or am I supposed to believe that when Lance was trying to sort out the Kyogre/Groudon situation, he thought using Dragonite would be better than that legendary Pokemon he had stashed away?

And Tobias having a Entei is a guess. When you look at the opening of Sinnoh League Victors you can see Ash's Pokemon battling a Entei. And again how do you know that It's impossible to catch a legendary? I mean did you ever see someone saying It's impossible? If someone doesn't have a Legendary It's cause they're rare and not cause It's impossible. Now I don't know where Tobias got his Darkrai and Latios but I'm pretty sure he caught them the right way.
    Tobias having an Entei is a wild guess. Ash fighting a random Entei in the opening ultimately means very little.

Perhaps impossible was too strong a word, but we've enough demonstrations of a legendary Pokemon's power to make the logical conclusion that capturing them is a task beyond that of a normal trainer. Certainly, I cannot see how Ash could capture a Legendary.

There is no evidence of how Tobias caught his Legendaries, thus neither of us can say for sure. All I'm saying is that just as it's possible that he caught them legitimately, it's also possible he didn't. It's a moot point.

追放されたバカ

I think it's down to your own opinion, for me personally a Pokemon Master, is the same as a Champion, not Champion of the tournament but Champion of the Elite 4, as this is what the climax of the games, and the anime is based on the games, so I always assume when they say Pokemon Master, it just them interpreting the games differently as they do with so many things.

For others though, a Master is capturing all the Pokemon. It differs from person to person.

Either way, Ash is far from being a Master, if anything, lately he's gone backwards.

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

People who use aload of legendaries in the games are not strong, they are cheap, hiding their lack of skill behind overpowered Pokemon.

Furthermore, Ash dosen't get chances to catch legendaries
    1. Mewtwo and Mew were fighting and killing him. Their was much more to do, besides he could have never caught them at that point in his journey.
    2. He couldn't catch Lugia or the bird trio because he was kinda busy saving the world.
    3. Entei was not real.
    4. Celebi and Suicune once again couldn't have been caught because, firstly Celebi was dead, secondly Suicune was trying to stop Celebi being Dead, after Celebi was no longer Dead they both went away.
    5. Basically, the Legendaries in the movies don't get caught because he is always busy; Saving the world, Saving his friends, Saving himself.
    6. The Lugia's in Johto were a family, it would have been wrong to ctch them.
    7. Basically, Ash respects the legendaries, that they have duties or especually in tune to their envioment.

You name one legendary that As h actually had a chance to catch, and that it would have been just.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast