Do you want Ash to rotate all his pokemon during the XY anime?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Do you want Ash to rotate all his pokemon during the XY anime?

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Do you want Ash to rotate all his pokemon during the XY anime?

Ash had many pokemon in Unova and he held them in rotation. The screen time was not fair shared but it was fun that teh writers tried this. Now do you think it is time to let Ash rotate all pokemon he has in his team together with his Kalos pokemon. They already started with this when they let Charizard back. But in such case the writers would have to make the Kalos series bigger than before to get room for screen time and development to everyone. How could they do this and do you want them to do this?
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: Do you want Ash to rotate all his pokemon during the XY anime?

I'd prefer to see him back to working with five to six Pokemon he catches in a region for the next series. The idea of rotating his Pokemon wasn't bad, but it didn't quite help with most of his Pokemon in his Unova team. I wouldn't mind maybe having some of his older Pokemon being rotated in for special tournaments, like when he used Snorlax for that competition in the middle of Johto, but the Gym battles and the League matches such be covered by Pikachu and whatever Pokemon he catches in the Kalos region.

Blog Entries

It's not like it would have made much of a difference, unova as a whole felt like ash only had 5 Pokemon on him anyways.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

It depends on how fast paced the series is and how much time they have to work with. Just because the rotation wasn't handled well in Best Wishes doesn't mean it's a bad idea or that they couldn't do a good job with it. Variety is always a good thing, but in a fast paced saga there just isn't the time to make the reduced (and imbalanced) screentime for each one worth it.
    If we get another fast paced series then I think it would be best to go back to fewer Pokemon without rotation. If the series is longer and more slowly paced, then I'd actually like to see them try rotation again and make it work. If the rest of the Kalos Pokemon are as good as the ones revealed so far, then I'd definitely not object to having more of them on the main cast.
    Bubble Frog likes this.

Blog Entries

I would like to see Ash capture a total of 11 pokemon to have a total of 12 pokemon during his travel throughout the X/Y story... something I hoped for during BW when he caught more than six pokemon. Having 12 pokemon of different types rather than the SIMILAR DUAL TYPES he had in BW.

I would also like to see him bring two pokemon with him there like with DP...

Finally I would like to someday see the return of Primape!

"What we create in the present is merely a shadow, nay, a reflection on our past."
    Quote from little known author: Lee Austin
    Inkay - Officially Claimed

Blog Entries

I have never liked the rotation. It makes for poor developement all round. Sometimes the writers have a hard time balancing 5/6 Pokemon equally so switching them out was a bad idea.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

After the epic fail in Unova?

NO.

Stick to a solid team from Day1 to the end like he did in Kanto.

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

I have nothing against rotation teams. It gave Ash's Unova team more diversity when you couldn't always expect to see the same Pokémon over again.

Blog Entries

I have long known the dangers of catching this many pokemon, regardless of the rotation. I am surprised they even managed to have the same number of evos as DP, although they were more spread out. I honestly don't know why it is people wanted a rotation to begin with, but it obviously did not do what people wanted it to do. Catching more pokemon solved nothing. Only now did it mean older pokemon got in on the fun, and even then, it's only Charizard. I never liked the idea, but I said nothing at the time just to see what it would do. I don't want to see it again, not under any circumstance. That is beyond my power, though. It all depends on what standards they make for XY. Given that they have not changed the standards even though they haven't had a reason to follow them for a long time now, it's not looking good.
    Mikuri likes this.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Only if he doesn't catch all of the starters, since they tend to always be on his team along with Pikachu, leaving only two slots for rotations. It's very easy for an ensemble dark horse or two to pop up in this situation and completely clog his team up.

Come to think of it, aren't the regions where he catches all the starters the ones where he has significantly bigger teams? Kanto, Unova and I think Johto he had all three and caught way more than six Pokemon, but Hoenn and Sinnoh he was missing one or two and didn't go far over six.
    Bubble Frog and SammyW27 like this.

Blog Entries

The problem is that even if they had time for it our beloved writers always want to have some sort of major star pokemon. In Unova it was Pikachu and Oshawott and Pignite. Then Unova was a short saga but Pikachu still battled in six out of eight gyms. I would like a rotation team but then I want the writers to make it fair screen time to everyone.
    I know all your secrets!

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

I wouldn't really want to see another rotation. It not only has to do with the problem BW had since I know that this doesn't gauntee that the same problem could happen in gen 6. It's more that I'd much rather him only catch 6 since it's easier to give all of the Pokemon an equal amount of screen time. However, it really depends on how it's done. It could be better if he rotates from a smaller amount of Pokemon than the 9 he had in BW. So we'll just have to wait and see.

Blog Entries

I agree with what most of you are saying, BW tried to do something we've all been wanting and that is Ash catching more than just 5 or 6 Pokemon per region. The problem that still arises no matter what is merchandise promotion taking over plot and development for other characters hence 1st stage Pokemon even in times of a league which makes it harder for Pokemon like Leavanny or Paliptoad to shine when they haven't been seen for like 30 episodes at a time.

I'd rather see Ash use his old Pokemon in battles in the League because I thought the Unova League was kind of dull (not just because of the lame battles and whatnot) due to use only seeing Pokemon from Unova and we've seen them in multiple episodes so far in the series, seen some of them get multiple Pokedex readings and whatnot.

So, I'd rather see that method of rotation in the league. I wouldn't mind him bringing a couple of his old ones back throughout the region like his Bulbasaur in Hoenn or something like that though.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I probably wouldn't mind his catching more than five in a saga too much if he doesn't catch so many in a span of fewer than forty episodes. That was what intruded the screentime and development of all his Pokemon not named Pikachu or "regional starter" in BW. If OLM decides to repeat that and give Ash more than five new Pokemon, then they should spread out the captures more to give them some time to develop and then add more to his roster.

Still, I'd prefer if he didn't catch quite as many as he did in Unova and wouldn't mind even mind if got just five new Pokes through the next series - at least until there's another saga, if there will be one.

Blog Entries

It maybe should help out if Ash did not catch all starters and the other main characters also got starters. Because the writers likes to give a great amount of screen time to starters and Pikachu. If Ash did not have every starter there should be more time for other non starter pokemon.
    I know all your secrets!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast