Do you want another Orange League/Battle Frontier arc?

Thread: Do you want another Orange League/Battle Frontier arc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Do you want another Orange League/Battle Frontier arc?

I know Episode N started, but I'd like to ask this if this hasn't been done.

Back in the OS, we had Ash participate in the Orange League, and win against Drake (who was the Orange League Champion iirc). Then we had the Battle Frontier in AG where Ash successfully collected all the symbols.

So my point is - do you want a separate anime only league where Ash can actually win? I know there were Don Tournaments, but they aren't really counted as separate arcs like BF.

Personally, I would like to see Ash winning something for once again. That battle in the Orange League finals had been decent, and we saw that Ash had potential as an excellent trainer. If they can't have Ash win a league in the main story, why not a separate arc where he actually wins something? Even if they want to keep Ash immature and inexperienced a child, do they really want Ash depicted as someone who loses a "big battle" every single time? Is it really that hard to give him another trophy?

What are your thoughts? Should we have another anime-only league where Ash can win in the future? Cuz if they're going to keep Ash for a million years, I don't think he'll be winning the Gen6 league as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you want another Orange League/Battle Frontier arc?

I support that and actually, I'd like to see another BF like arc, just for the sake to have Ash winning something relevant. DP wasted that possibility giving us the Twinleaf festival and only Palmer.

But, I don't dream that high. The very best thing we can wait from BW2 post N-arc is probably another Don Tournament/Junior Cup esque arc, where Ash wins just for the sake to not leave Unova with a poorly record.
    Man, when you stop to think of it DP did have some crap in it. Its just that when people think about DP, they only remember Paul, Pokehunter J/Galactic and all the Gyms and Contests episodes....basically the good parts.
    And... there are actually a lot of BW episodes that have pissed me off. By this point it'd be easier to just list the ones that I can stand to watch. The more the series progresses, the more the writing of these episodes piss me off.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see one of those after the N saga. Anything for Ash to leave Unova on a high note, win or lose.
    White FC: 0218 6574 2961
    Black 2 FC: 1722 2422 0764

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

I really loved the Orange Island series when it was airing, and even after revisiting the episodes much later, I think they still hold up. It was a nice break from the usual Pokemon battles (now that I'm thinking about it, could this have partly been a hint at contests?) and was just a fun little arc.

I'm not sure how they'd do that in Isshu, unless they made up another anime exclusive location, but plot wise I don't know what they'd do either. I'd rather they just continue with the Episode N thing and flesh out that plot than a filler saga any day.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly would like to see a tournament that Ash has a chance at winning, specifically something short and not super massive. Personally, while I don't mind the super huge region arcs, one of the things I love about the Kanto region is that it wasn't 200 episodes long, and just a manageable 80 something episodes. I feel kind of disappointed each time when the anime lasts 200 something episodes, with all that build-up...and he looses every time. Believe it or not, I like seeing the hero win an arc every so often. It breaks the status quo just a bit. >_<

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like something like the Orange League again. The battle against Drake was awesome and I was glad that Ash won. The series itself was also a little different. So yeah I wouldnt mind another separate anime only league.

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing that "Best Wishes: Episode N" is ending in April, I expect that they go ahead and ditch Isshu/Unova for their own region this summer so that they can fill more time till Pokémon X/Y to be released on October.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.