Do you think we'll get a fully computer animated Pokemon anime in the future? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Do you think we'll get a fully computer animated Pokemon anime in the future?

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default re: Do you think we'll get a fully computer animated Pokemon anime in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by P-fan View Post
    I really hated when people are a against CGI. Have y'all not seem the AppleSeed movie ? it was cel shaded or SD Gundam Force.

Nerd Cords, though a they're Canadian studio had made interest cel shade CGI show, Dragon Booster, Storm Hawks, League of Super Evil and latest shoe Slugterra.

CGI do take a lot of work because you need to created the mode, the details, and the movement.
    If I'm being perfectly honest, I didn't like AppleSeed's art and having watched all those shows sans Dragon Booster, I can say that outside the League of Super Evil, I found the animation in those shows is generally horrendous. I don't see that style working for the Pokemon anime at all.

I also think battle scenes work better in the current 2D style than they usually do in 3D shows. But that's just me.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Default re: Do you think we'll get a fully computer animated Pokemon anime in the future?

Have y'all not seem the AppleSeed movie ? it was cel shaded
    High-plotless, unlikable characters, and the cel-shading made it look silly.

or SD Gundam Force.
    Lame

Nerd Cords, though a they're Canadian studio had made interest cel shade CGI show, Dragon Booster, Storm Hawks, League of Super Evil and latest shoe Slugterra.
    Lousy cartoons with lousy CGI

Also, this thread isn't about 3D animation vs. 2D. We're just talking about a computer animated version of Pokemon and would it could possibly be like.
    Yankees4life likes this.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    Have y'all not seem the AppleSeed movie ? it was cel shaded
    High-plotless, unlikable characters, and the cel-shading made it look silly.

or SD Gundam Force.
    Lame

Lousy cartoons with lousy CGI

Also, this thread isn't about 3D animation vs. 2D. We're just talking about a computer animated version of Pokemon and would it could possibly be like.
    I do know what the thread is about, I had always been interested in CGI since seeing Reboot.
    I wonder if you show that lousy cartoons

3D animated Pokemon could work depending on the animation

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I'm afraid that if they "advance" the show's animation any more, then the story and action will suffer significantly, which it already has in my opinion. I'm not sure if the animation is a cause of the degradation of the show, but there is definitely seems to be a correlation.
    SammyW27 likes this.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Oh, please no. They are already overdoing it with CGI lately.
    Musashi and martianmister like this.

Visit Rozenskye's Youtube Channel

if they manage to do something really close to what Final Fantasy can do then why not but right now, no i wouldn't like it to shift into something that could potentially destroy the entire series.

Would you like to ride my Ferris wheel?

Blog Entries

CGI being some evolution of animation is bullshit to begin with. There's no reason to make the animation look like shit just because it's the "in" thing to do.

It already took some time to get used to the animation change we have now but this would be the worse. I don't see it either, it'd be too much for them me thinks.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Considering this is a fairly low-budget anime, I just have no faith that the animators will do their best to make it look good.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

D:

The CGI is the worst part of the anime to begin with. Remember how weird and lifeless the CG intro for Best Wishes was? Now imagine a whole series like that. Not to mention animating human expressions in CG with the kind of budget the anime has is just asking for freakiness.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

3D Pokémon anime? The CGI anime started in the Heisei period, and still has popularity despite most animes didn't use 3D graphics. Pokémon anime are somehow more realistic than games (but not as mature as Special manga), so 3D graphics will coming in the near future.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

A example of how bad the animation will be, look at that purrlion episode where the twerps fall into a quicksand thing and look how crud the cgi was on there. If best wishes is the best they can do, I would not want a cgi pokemon anime anytime. -_-

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

You guys also have to remember that this is a weekly TV series. They're not going to have the time / money to make something look as good as Pixar movies or the modern Final Fantasy games.
    martianmister and SammyW27 like this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    You guys also have to remember that this is a weekly TV series. They're not going to have the time / money to make something look as good as Pixar movies or the modern Final Fantasy games.
    Heck, not even as good as the late-90s/early Aughts FF games...
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Let not forget that hand drawn animation is expensive and they are not huge company. They're going limited the animation to cut cost which is why they CGI in the series. Yes it look bad, but this is television.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast