Do you think we'll get a fully computer animated Pokemon anime in the future?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Do you think we'll get a fully computer animated Pokemon anime in the future?

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Default Do you think we'll get a fully computer animated Pokemon anime in the future?

As we know, pokemon games are advancing from 2D to 3D. Pokemon anime is, similarly, slowly evolving from 2D to 3D CGI animation. Should we expect a fully 3D CGI show in near future? And would that be good? I don't think so. Your thoughts?
    Last edited by martianmister; 26th January 2013 at 11:52 PM.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default re: Do you think we'll get a fully computer animated Pokemon anime in the future?

That would be hideous. I don't want to see the show taking on such a dramatic art shift any time soon. The animation they have is more than adequate, and it's very recognizable.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Default re: Do you think we'll get a fully computer animated Pokemon anime in the future?

I wouldn't like it to happen, particularly because the CGI generally used seems very "cheap". In addition to that, someone asked Masaaki Iwane (blog) if that would happen and he answered that he did not think that that would be a necessary change.
    Please "like" this page to help Portugal! We want to have Pokémon in HD! Please "like" this.

Also, sign this petition (you can sign by writing your Name and E-mail address on the "bolded" blanks and then clicking in "Assinar Petição")

Moderator harryheart's Avatar Moderator

Yea, I agree with some of the others! I definitely don't want them to have this shift to full 3D either!! In fact, even that opening didn't appeal to me!! I wouldn't mind it if they did do that in the future again, but yea, I prefer the 2D they have, it'd feel too weird without it!
    martianmister likes this.
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar from Serebii
    For the Banner

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

What, you mean CGI?

Yech. Pokemon CGI never looks that good. It should stay hand drawn.

I really, really doubt it.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the only anime with some CGI i liked was Kirby. other than that the CGI was HORRIBLE. CGI is good for PIXAR!!!!! not anime which has way different dynamics. one reason i hated the BW2 trailer was due to all of the CGI animation.A CGI wingull did not impress me by any length. i remeber when a water gun was a HAND DRAWN attack not some lighed up water jet. i say we leave CGI to Pixar and Dreamworks. NOT OLM. POKEMON 2D OR NO SHOW

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Digimon X-Evolution was fun as a one time thing. But anything more than a special would look absolutely awful. It was annoying when they started using some CGI attacks back in BF, transitioning the whole thing would be worse. As others have said, the CGI in pokemon never looks good, so the less it's used the better.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Nope I will hate it since the show is a cheap show who's animation looks cheap during the show. The CGI will be cheap too.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I rewatched the original BW TV opening today and cringed at how much it clashes with the rest of the anime. Save CGI for a few little things here and there, but keep the art style the way it is!

The Kirby CG anime still looks cartoony, which is why it's okay.
    97SaturnSL1 and Robo-Floatzel like this.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Pokemon in CGI would feel pretty weird. I wouldn't mind another CGI kind of opening like what we got at the start of BW, although maybe not lasting as long as that one did, but anything more than that would be too much. The Pokemon and human characters would look too strange and the CGI would probably be pretty cheap anyway given how Pokemon doesn't have a huge budget as it is. The current animation is perfectly fine, so I'd be happy with keeping it the same.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

I think my eyes would go blurry if they did that...

OH LAWD
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

It only works for the games.

If so, the ratings would tank harder than before.
    Berrenta likes this.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Heck, they ALREADY have some the cheapest/ugliest animation in Japan and most CG shows NEVER look as good as movies or video games to begin with.

Maybe as a special or a movie (the Movies use a ton of CGI already and I expect one to be 100% computer animated someday), but not as a show. A CGI Pokemon show sounds like one of the ugliest things to ever be animated...
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

I really hated when people are a against CGI. Have y'all not seem the AppleSeed movie ? it was cel shaded or SD Gundam Force.

Nerd Cords, though a they're Canadian studio had made interest cel shade CGI show, Dragon Booster, Storm Hawks, League of Super Evil and latest shoe Slugterra.

CGI do take a lot of work because you need to created the mode, the details, and the movement.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast