Do you think Meloetta's voice will be dubbed? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you think Meloetta's voice will be dubbed?

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Do you think Meloetta's voice will be dubbed?

No Offense but I seriously hope that does not happen. I hope she keeps her japanese voice.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥Lady Marie♥ View Post
    No Offense but I seriously hope that does not happen. I hope she keeps her japanese voice.
    We all feel that way

(It's just that you never know what those crazy TPCI guys will do next...)
    There's a grief that can't be spoken...there's a pain goes on and on...missing slots from the roster...my friends are cut and gone...

I know this thread is old, but I needed to point this out. Meloetta has indeed been dubbed. I'm guessing they changed her voice because you could hear the R's in her speech, however I don't think that is a good reason.

Blog Entries

Follow Don on Tumblr

Meloetta's speaking voice is the same one from the Japanese version, it's Meloetta's singing voice which sounds different.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Meloetta's speaking voice is the same one from the Japanese version, it's Meloetta's singing voice which sounds different.
    I should have known they would pull a move like that...I really wonder why they do what they do.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Dang it. That's one thing I was hoping they'd keep. :(

Did they actually change it? It sounded similar enough that I chalked it up to a difference between my TV speakers and my computer headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Did they actually change it? It sounded similar enough that I chalked it up to a difference between my TV speakers and my computer headphones.
    They actually changed it (with the exception of the song used to calm the Onix strangely enough). Still sounded messed up in the stream on CN's website.

It may have to do with the fact that the singing voice is (to my knowledge) a professional musician, which may have made the licensing aspect more complicated (even though they're apparently the same person).

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi1001 View Post
    It may have to do with the fact that the singing voice is (to my knowledge) a professional musician, which may have made the licensing aspect more complicated (even though they're apparently the same person).
    Then why would the singing in the scene where Meloetta calmed down Onix be left unchanged? If there was really a copyright/licensing/legal issue surely TPCI would not have been careless enough to leave some of the original singing intact and risk a lawsuit?

Blog Entries

Why did they do it? They ruined it! Come on! Japanese Meloetta was so soothing and natural, this new voice sounds so unnatural :( Why can't they do one thing right?
    Please "like" this page to help Portugal! We want to have Pokémon in HD! Please "like" this.

Also, sign this petition (you can sign by writing your Name and E-mail address on the "bolded" blanks and then clicking in "Assinar Petição")

Quote Originally Posted by FunPika View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi1001 View Post
    Then why would the singing in the scene where Meloetta calmed down Onix be left unchanged? If there was really a copyright/licensing/legal issue surely TPCI would not have been careless enough to leave some of the original singing intact and risk a lawsuit?
    Haven't watched that one yet. It's possible they weren't able to clear it in time for the first few. We'll see what happens going forward.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Considering that getting a new voice actress would waste time and money, and the name's the same anyways, they'll probably leave it in. I personally wouldn't mind if she got a new voice, though, because it isn't like it matters (though the hardcore fans seem to hate on new voices and dubs anyways, even though the anime is just as cheesily charming in both languages).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12