Do you think that May should have gotten some Johto specials? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Do you think that May should have gotten some Johto specials?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you think that May should have gotten some Johto specials?

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    May is the forgotten middle child. Misty was the first and dawn had the Most marketability due to piplup. All may has going for her is better writing and that's not enough nowadays
    Actually that would be better than what's going on now. May was very well written. She wasn't too out there and wasn't too in the background that you didn't think she didn't existed.
    Well duh, even when Misty was at her worst, ie those filler eps in Johto where all she did was say HI I'm misty and hold Togepi she was better than Iris

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    May is the forgotten middle child. Misty was the first and dawn had the Most marketability due to piplup. All may has going for her is better writing and that's not enough nowadays
    Actually that would be better than what's going on now. May was very well written. She wasn't too out there and wasn't too in the background that you didn't think she didn't existed.
    Well duh, even when Misty was at her worst, ie those filler eps in Johto where all she did was say HI I'm misty and hold Togepi she was better than Iris
    was, is and will be if they keep iris like that

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Guys, this topic is about May and whether or now she shoudl have gotten specials. Remember to keep complains or general debates on other characters in their respective debate threads.
    Hidden Mew likes this.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I would have liked to see some specials with May in Johto. She was my favorite female lead and she had a really fun personality. Not to mention she would still have her rivals like Drew and Harley to bounce off with, so it could have been entertaining. Plus, it would have been nice to see how she did in those Johto Contests as well as in the Johto Grand Festival. Though, I would have settled for just mentioning how far she got in that Grand Festival either at the end of DP or before Dawn left, but seeing it in a special would have been way better.

OPPAN GARY STYLE! Little Miss Eevee's Avatar

I think a SHITLOAD of old characters have to have some sort of episode, personally.

at least Tracey got a cameo on the opening of Rival Destinies (or so i've heard), simmilar to how he, Misty, May and Gary got one in high touch. But, I'd really like to see a HUGE FUCKING REUNION SPECIAL (although, as The Fighting Misty said, because they fucked up Dawn's episode, it's probably a blessing in disguise that the creators consider old characters dead.)

I want to know how well Brock is doing with studying to be a Pokemon doctor. I want to see Misty in the Pokemon World Tournament, explaining to Ash that ALL the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova gym leaders are battling to become the best. I wanna see Gary show up with a shitload of fossil pokemon, and he and Ash attempt to PWN ALL THE GYM LEADERS in a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ARK, (only for some Tobihax to win, or even better, CYNTHIA!) I wanna see how May and Dawn are going, perhaps they both have to battle in the Johto grand festival again, and they tie, and they go to Unova to show Ash their accomplishments and cheer him on in the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ARK! Dawn would go all fangirl on Gary again, Brock owns all the Unova leaders with his kickass Chansey, Ash would kick Trip and Gary's asses again, only to lose to Cynthia or Misty (fuck having some random beat Ash!)

But, I'm not a writer on the show, so the only way I could see this creation made would be to write a shitty fanfic about it.
    pokemon fan 132 and Mielikki like this.

All Eeveelutions are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    Banner made by me! I have officially claimed Minccino on the 13-11-12

Want a baby Pokemon or an Eevee? Here's my FC (I like shinies)
    1249-7189-3936

Blog Entries

Follow Madame Pika on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Considering how bad Dawn's 1 special turned out to be, maybe its a blessing in disguise they didn't make any.
    Since that special's badness can be put down to Best Wishes writing, I'm not so sure.
    martianmister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Eevee View Post
    I think a SHITLOAD of old characters have to have some sort of episode, personally.

at least Tracey got a cameo on the opening of Rival Destinies (or so i've heard), simmilar to how he, Misty, May and Gary got one in high touch. But, I'd really like to see a HUGE FUCKING REUNION SPECIAL (although, as The Fighting Misty said, because they fucked up Dawn's episode, it's probably a blessing in disguise that the creators consider old characters dead.)

I want to know how well Brock is doing with studying to be a Pokemon doctor. I want to see Misty in the Pokemon World Tournament, explaining to Ash that ALL the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova gym leaders are battling to become the best. I wanna see Gary show up with a shitload of fossil pokemon, and he and Ash attempt to PWN ALL THE GYM LEADERS in a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ARK, (only for some Tobihax to win, or even better, CYNTHIA!) I wanna see how May and Dawn are going, perhaps they both have to battle in the Johto grand festival again, and they tie, and they go to Unova to show Ash their accomplishments and cheer him on in the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ARK! Dawn would go all fangirl on Gary again, Brock owns all the Unova leaders with his kickass Chansey, Ash would kick Trip and Gary's asses again, only to lose to Cynthia or Misty (fuck having some random beat Ash!)

But, I'm not a writer on the show, so the only way I could see this creation made would be to write a shitty fanfic about it.
    I don't see what all of this would have to do with May. If anything May, her brother, family, and her past rivals should have got first choice to have been given specials before. With May, her special could have been done at the time when all of those fillers between the seventh and eighth gym was going on in Sinnoh. The same thing goes for Dawn while the Meowth mini arc was going on. Dawn, Paul, Barry and her rivals could have used the few little episodes they could have given them. But because of how weird the writing was, would it have been any good?
    And Dawn's special after DP was over wasn't that bad. I think that if she was to have changed her clothes and traveled with someone it would have been more interesting.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 30th October 2012 at 03:08 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12